From a Customer to the Devs at Wildcard

Qnosh

I think as a whole, your fanbase and player community is a patient one. We are both understanding and empathetic to your issues when it comes to the release of a new map and the bugs that come with. I think the issue here and the reason your players are getting so angry is the lack of response from you, the developer. As I read all of these forum posts from many different and increasingly angry players, the one thing i notice is no reply from anyone on your side of the fence. Not a simple, " we see the issues and are investigating at this time" or " We apologize for the inconvenience, and are doing everything we can to find the source of the crashes", But nothing....not a single word from anyone. Not a tweet, not a forum post, not a dev response anywhere to let your players know that help is on the way. From the players perspective, this makes them feel like noone is listening. Noone cares and their pleas for help are going unanswered. Like they are tal;king to nooone, and that leads to more and more frustration as we all stare at the server screen hitting refresh over and over and over again. I think if you acknowledged us and the situation you would be surprised just how understanding and patient we can be. We are your fans, your customers and many of us are loyal ones. Weve stood here beside you through many years since the early access of Ark, and we will continue to stand by you in eager anticipation for what lies ahead. All we ask is that you say something, anything, to let us know that you are on our side as well. yours truly, Erik

48 minutes ago, Qnosh said:

I think as a whole, your fanbase and player community is a patient one. We are both understanding and empathetic to your issues when it comes to the release of a new map and the bugs that come with. I think the issue here and the reason your players are getting so angry is the lack of response from you, the developer. As I read all of these forum posts from many different and increasingly angry players, the one thing i notice is no reply from anyone on your side of the fence. Not a simple, " we see the issues and are investigating at this time" or " We apologize for the inconvenience, and are doing everything we can to find the source of the crashes", But nothing....not a single word from anyone. Not a tweet, not a forum post, not a dev response anywhere to let your players know that help is on the way. From the players perspective, this makes them feel like noone is listening. Noone cares and their pleas for help are going unanswered. Like they are tal;king to nooone, and that leads to more and more frustration as we all stare at the server screen hitting refresh over and over and over again. I think if you acknowledged us and the situation you would be surprised just how understanding and patient we can be. We are your fans, your customers and many of us are loyal ones. Weve stood here beside you through many years since the early access of Ark, and we will continue to stand by you in eager anticipation for what lies ahead. All we ask is that you say something, anything, to let us know that you are on our side as well. yours truly, Erik

I was exactly like this a good year ago. Since then wildcard did acknowledge this and that, they did try to explain themselves here and there, but overall it was way too little. And most of the times those attempts had no consequences or made it even worse. I have lost faith in this company, it took a lot cuz i am a very forgiving person, but wildcard really broke all borders. No matter where you look, game concept, balance, bugs, performance.... its all a let down. Latest prime example is the release of extinction. It was promised for spring 2018 and released november 2018. It was even more delayed for consoles. and why? Because wildcard always delivers late and because they had a good part of their team working on atlas. But they told us that it is late in order to ensure the best experience possible. The experience was sht tho, the dlc was/is full of bugs that everyone should find within minutes of testing and the content was as unbalanced as content can be. Lag was common and the map itself was very poorly made. It is just frustrating. And that they now announce a new game shortly after the dlc release and pull off devs from ark to produce that new game while ark is still in a stage that could be called beta makes me angry.

By the way, props for this calm and reflected post, almost a rarity these days  ;)

4 hours ago, acat said:

I was exactly like this a good year ago. Since then wildcard did acknowledge this and that, they did try to explain themselves here and there, but overall it was way too little. And most of the times those attempts had no consequences or made it even worse. I have lost faith in this company, it took a lot cuz i am a very forgiving person, but wildcard really broke all borders. No matter where you look, game concept, balance, bugs, performance.... its all a let down. Latest prime example is the release of extinction. It was promised for spring 2018 and released november 2018. It was even more delayed for consoles. and why? Because wildcard always delivers late and because they had a good part of their team working on atlas. But they told us that it is late in order to ensure the best experience possible. The experience was sht tho, the dlc was/is full of bugs that everyone should find within minutes of testing and the content was as unbalanced as content can be. Lag was common and the map itself was very poorly made. It is just frustrating. And that they now announce a new game shortly after the dlc release and pull off devs from ark to produce that new game while ark is still in a stage that could be called beta makes me angry.

By the way, props for this calm and reflected post, almost a rarity these days  ;)

I agree. I do not feel like I could trust wildcard on anything. The development of Atlas just feels like a slap in the face of ARK players, simply because you can clearly see the effects this has on the quality of the new dlc and Ark overall. 

4 hours ago, Lucian said:

OP, you might want to read the dev tracker: https://arkdevtracker.com. It aggregates the developers responses. They have been communicating plenty frequently, just not where you have been looking. The lead programmer Chris has been responding to Reddit posts about bugs. 

To be fair - wouldn't the most obvious place to post and go to for info be here? I mean this is the official ARK forum afterall... so how on earth is it normal that we have to be on Twitter, Reddit, whatever and have to use a "dev tracker" to get the puzzle together instead of them just posting where it's meant to be. 100 threads about the same issue here and not one single word of acknowledgement from devs, but hey you MIGHT get lucky if you write on Twitter... nah that's just wrong :/

11 minutes ago, Eanaya said:

To be fair - wouldn't the most obvious place to post and go to for info be here? I mean this is the official ARK forum afterall... so how on earth is it normal that we have to be on Twitter, Reddit, whatever and have to use a "dev tracker" to get the puzzle together instead of them just posting where it's meant to be. 100 threads about the same issue here and not one single word of acknowledgement from devs, but hey you MIGHT get lucky if you write on Twitter... nah that's just wrong :/

The dev tracker and the Ark reddit have been around since before we had the official forums. The dev tracker has always been the best way to see what the devs are saying. There are too many ways for communication to happen with the various platforms. 

1 minute ago, Lucian said:

The dev tracker and the Ark reddit have been around since before we had the official forums. The dev tracker has always been the best way to see what the devs are saying. There are too many ways for communication to happen with the various platforms. 

Aye but we do have the forum and imo everything should come together here in some way. Especially on topics that are discussed here a lot, complete ignorance is not the way to handle that (really what it looks like to people who don't use other platforms so much). ofc platforms like Twitter offer another form of communication and may often be easier to use. Nothing wrong with that. But when there's dozens of threads here about one and the same problem and absolutely NO reply from devs whatsoever, it's easy to think they don't give a damn.

1 hour ago, Eanaya said:

Aye but we do have the forum and imo everything should come together here in some way. Especially on topics that are discussed here a lot, complete ignorance is not the way to handle that (really what it looks like to people who don't use other platforms so much). ofc platforms like Twitter offer another form of communication and may often be easier to use. Nothing wrong with that. But when there's dozens of threads here about one and the same problem and absolutely NO reply from devs whatsoever, it's easy to think they don't give a damn.

The problem is, people don't even look at what we have here. There is a post talking about the very things you are claiming that they don't communicate on here. It's the very first post at the top of the Extinction general forum. 

The easy to use, and more importantly easy to see communication platform will get used the most. Twitter, reddit and such have phone apps which makes it easy to see when you get tagged, and are visible even on your "off hours". Aggregating it back to the forum I think is less important when we have the tracker.

@Sphere The point is not about changing mechanics so ppl could like or hate it. The point is about problems (aka bugs, exploits, etc)  where % of ppl who could 'Like" is equal 0. 

I felt the same about lack of communication from WC however I didnt know about tracker https://arkdevtracker.com/

mb add link to tracker as pinned post over the forum pages is a good idea..

3 hours ago, mrfila said:

@Sphere The point is not about changing mechanics so ppl could like or hate it. The point is about problems (aka bugs, exploits, etc)  where % of ppl who could 'Like" is equal 0. 

I felt the same about lack of communication from WC however I didnt know about tracker https://arkdevtracker.com/

mb add link to tracker as pinned post over the forum pages is a good idea..

The dev tracker isn't that great either unfortunately. 

Looks like they are partially using the same accounts for info on ATLAS. I'm also not interested in their private interest and what other games they play. 

10 hours ago, Lucian said:

The problem is, people don't even look at what we have here. There is a post talking about the very things you are claiming that they don't communicate on here. It's the very first post at the top of the Extinction general forum. 

The easy to use, and more importantly easy to see communication platform will get used the most. Twitter, reddit and such have phone apps which makes it easy to see when you get tagged, and are visible even on your "off hours". Aggregating it back to the forum I think is less important when we have the tracker.

Nah... that is more or less just "updates about Extinction" and the LEAST you'd expect them to post here really. I was more like talking bout all the other issues that never really got an official statement here - things like tame cap that has been a VERY popular topic for over a year, kibble rework, pillar spawn that only got tackled once in a halfheartedly slapped together attempt to "fix" it that, thankfully, never found its way into the game, but also pretty much went to oblivion again, boss fights being broken, bugs and glitches hat have been around since long before release (really that one post in the "known bugs" section is a joke), the adaption of S+ that was announced over a year ago and then never was talked about again until the recently added 30 seconds pickup feature (well...). While some of these are being worked on now after all this time, a short feedback every now and then and a small reassurance that our problems don't go unnoticed wouldn't have hurt.

Using other platforms for more detailed communication with single players or groups is totally ok; but a heads up on heavily discussed topics around here is something you'd expect - it doesn't have to be an elaborate plan how to work on issues; just a sign of acknowledgement and a short reassurance that we don't go unnoticed would change a lot. Community crunch would be a good place for that.

At this point what ARK needs is someone with a large background on Unreal Engine. Someone able to read dumps and accurately identify what is causing the problems.

And about atlas, I highly doubt Jeremy or Jess have put a single line of code on ARK in last months/years, I think they are just team leads, so it shouldn't affect the code cycle of ark.

1 minute ago, arkark said:

At this point what ARK needs is someone with a large background on Unreal Engine. Someone able to read dumps and accurately identify what is causing the problems.

And about atlas, I highly doubt Jeremy or Jess have put a single line of code on ARK in last months/years, I think they are just team leads, so it shouldn't affect the code cycle of ark.

Having been with SoE, I kinda disagree.   WC is a very small team.  I'm pretty sure they've had to pull resources.  Focusing on launch dates and not UAT or QA.

Games still really fun, but the wyvern bug is kinda gamebreaking for me.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 hours ago, Eanaya said:

It's been made clear time and time again, the Community Forum is generally for the community to communicate with each other. It's never been the go-to place for the devs. If you want up to date information from the team it's best to pay attention to Reddit and Twitter or the best option, the aggregate on the Dev Tracker.

While you don't see the devs posting here, relevant information from the forum is passed on to the team through moderators and Community Managers.

20 hours ago, Weiss said:

The dev tracker isn't that great either unfortunately. 

Looks like they are partially using the same accounts for info on ATLAS. I'm also not interested in their private interest and what other games they play. 

I wanted to say exactly the same at first, but found that disabling twitter channel helps to remove that flame :) 

Archived