How to keep steady rare resource income.

Ubalgin

Hi guys.

I m playing ark mobile PVE single player, because I only want to relax and I don t have a nerves to play with possibility of trolls who will destroy my hard work and long resource grinding time will be wasted.

I know pretty much all of the gathering efficiency mechanics and I own all of the dinos for gathering purposes (all above lvl 150 and almost all points listed in melle dmg). Atm I m lvl 79 and searching for my first quetzal while finishing second huge base in redwood forest (lat 62,7, lon 47,1 - very nice spot close to huge redwood metal spawn and swamp) for achantina farm (my first base is at north on the bottom of the mountain with blue pillar near ocean around lat 32 and lon 17 - very sweet spot I m recommending it to everyone).

So the thing that I m writing about is, that even when I have all the island and it s resources for myself, I m always short especially on metal / metal ingots (ofc. obsidian and cementing paste are getting more and more problematic too as for everyone). I have covered all of the major spawn points of metal with high lvl ankylos and little bases - 6x foundation with 10x refining forge, smithy, fabricator and few mortar and pestles - to be as much effective as I can - I m bringing to bases thousands of metal ingots and they re gone in matter of minutes. I even go for fast solo metal runs with train of my 3 cargo argys - put them on follow and fast harvest smaller metal spawn points with ascendant metal pick, and there is still not enough of the metal for my needs. Soon I m going to have industrial forge, that will speed the process at least a bit.

Since I m playing single player, most of my utility buildings and bases are made from wood - only my mounts are safe stored in metal structures. Problem is that unkeep of my gear is too damn high - I m using full flak armor and my main weapon is sword that I got from the terror bird pursuit - so together reparing from almost 0 durability cost:

Sword - around 700 metal ingots,

Pick - 43 metal ingots,

Hatchet - 262 metal ingots,

Flak gauntlets - 215 metal ingots,

Flak helmet - 436 metal ingots,

Flak boots - 619 metal ingots,

Flak chestpiece - 843 metal ingots,

Flak leggins - 451 metal ingots,

Together only my gear and armor cost about 3500 metal ingots from full to 0 durability. Not speaking about costs of buildings and defence systems - metal spike walls and turrets + ammo for the redwood base, to secure the achantinas. Also I have blueprints for great ascendant auto rifle and rocket launcher, but at this situation I can t even think about hoard enough resources to craft them and keep them functional with their repair costs.

So guys, if you have any ideas what else to do, to improve the income of rare resources - especially metal / metal ingots feel free to write me.

Thank you in advance for your responds and advices.

If you’re Dino’s and you are that high level, don’t buy defenses.  Don’t use metal armor.  

The only way I was able to go further on PVE....was to buy God Console.  

I even started over after 3 months, stating I wouldn’t use it in the new game after learning much more about the dynamics of the game.

I’m weak....but then again once you get it it changes everything.  I find myself building massive buildings, pens, castles....tearing them down and rebuilding and breeding, going on artifact hunts numerous times.

fun, but I’m about to start over again.  Then again I’m fairly certain my family is getting me a console for Christmas, so I may just go that way instead.

In other words, the game is designed that way.  You can only get so far before you go to the store and pony up some money.

good luck!

Well God console might be a solution, but I never think about buying it. Not because of putting money to the game. I already bought amber few times. But I know myself, and in minute that I have God console and can do everything without any effort game will become boring for me and I will stop play it.

As well I m not sure if God console can help you with leveling up, if yes, than I can use it at least for that purpose. Well maybe also for adding some resources, because I want to focus more on the fun part of playing - raiding of caves and another hard locations and underwater exploration / taming of huge underwater creatures by myself, not by forcing commands to console, just to do challenging and hard things that game provides.

I like building, watching lot of videos and  reading manuals, because I m not a very creative person in field of design. But most of a time I just build for utility, not for esthetics. But sure in close future I m looking to build my own cool mansion, at the moment I m thinking about little ewok style village on connected tree platforms in redwood forest.

And about using of armor and defenses, I simply don t like to die more than I have to, I have huge melee dmg and movement speed, but still sometimes I find myself in situations where I m fighting for my existence.  

UPDATED ABOUT GOD CONSOLE:

Well I checked the God console - looked interesting in some aspect and may or may not make game for me boring - actually it can help skip the grinding parts of game and just focus on the fun of the play.

Cons:

I think that most fun way to play with God Console will be on highest difficulty possible, so it means that I have to leave everything I made on my current single player and restart, which is not a problem from point of creation, because I can make screenshots of everything I build and tamed and recreate it much faster, and I will have more space for fun tames, because I m not going to need grind tames, which is good, but I will lost all of my collected special engrams, which will hurt, if I can imagine rewatching all of the damned ad commercials without any guaranteed outcome of getting the same engrams again. So I need to think again, possibly if there will be another discount at shop for God console I ll buy it even for this difficulty, and when i get bored I restart on higher.

So I am going to assume that you are doing something wrong. From what you are saying it’s how your are using it as opposed to how you are getting it. I don’t think anybody has had a volcano base and complained about lack of metal. Before my game crash and I had to restart I had an industrial forge on the volcano and didn’t need to get metal from anywhere else. Obsidian yes but metal no. I also got all the cementing paste I needed from snails and chitin cave runs. I had ascendant rifle, sword, and shotgun. Also had mostly flak gear. I would go out running around unloading my shotgun on anything that moved.  So I would go through a ton of ammo, which requires metal. I still never ran short. I also had all metal outposts, boat, base with separate breeding pen/taming pen.  So I built with plenty of metal  all from volcano. 

If all you are spending you metal on is repairing your equipment then you are having to repair your equipment to often. You need to either get a good all purpose mount to shield you or find a better weapon to grind with.  If you are only using a sword then your armor is absorbing to much damage, thus requiring a lot of metal to repair. Get a good shotgun bp.  The araneo quest gives a good bp. I play on hard and before my game crashed I had an ascendant shotgun. What you get from pursuits depends on the difficulty level you play on. On hard everything is ascendant. Anyways...do the araneo quest and get a good shotty. You can kill without taking much damage and save some metal. 

15 hours ago, Bush84 said:

So I am going to assume that you are doing something wrong. From what you are saying it’s how your are using it as opposed to how you are getting it. I don’t think anybody has had a volcano base and complained about lack of metal. Before my game crash and I had to restart I had an industrial forge on the volcano and didn’t need to get metal from anywhere else. Obsidian yes but metal no. I also got all the cementing paste I needed from snails and chitin cave runs. I had ascendant rifle, sword, and shotgun. Also had mostly flak gear. I would go out running around unloading my shotgun on anything that moved.  So I would go through a ton of ammo, which requires metal. I still never ran short. I also had all metal outposts, boat, base with separate breeding pen/taming pen.  So I built with plenty of metal  all from volcano. 

If all you are spending you metal on is repairing your equipment then you are having to repair your equipment to often. You need to either get a good all purpose mount to shield you or find a better weapon to grind with.  If you are only using a sword then your armor is absorbing to much damage, thus requiring a lot of metal to repair. Get a good shotgun bp.  The araneo quest gives a good bp. I play on hard and before my game crashed I had an ascendant shotgun. What you get from pursuits depends on the difficulty level you play on. On hard everything is ascendant. Anyways...do the araneo quest and get a good shotty. You can kill without taking much damage and save some metal. 

Sounds interesting, and you re right about many thing you say. I m not using any firearm atm, I had crafted ascendant longneck with about 800dmg which is nice, but i wanted to use him for one shot tranqulizing of hard tames. I already did araneo quest, got the shotgun bp, I try regular shotgun, not much for me, maybe higher dmg one will change my mind. 

And about tame, I m using almost all kind of flyers for everything, so not rly the option of shielding for me. I fly to place, hop down of my flyer and get things done with my sword, thats how i do it. But yeah by your point of view it seems pretty ineffective. 

My problem with using of firearms is ammo, I have only 236kg carrying capacity on lvl 79, so not sure if this is the efficient way for me to for example raid a cave. Don t know how much of a ammo I can carry with all of the things I need to keep with me all the time.

Well I m going to try experiment - I will make my whole metal run and count how many ingots i collect, but  it s going to take some time, cause first I want to get lvl 80 for industrial forge, so 47K more of XP to grind. I m going to inform you about my results.

12 hours ago, HG1F2 said:

Make a base at volcano just for mining, leave an anky there with a lot of melee damage, if you can make an industrial forge or a bunch of ref forge, for 30 mins of farming you can get approx +1000 metal or even more, so yeah farming is the way

As I said on first post of this topic I have cowered all of major metal spawns with ankylos, and volcano was the very first spot with highest lvl of ankylo. And I m usually getting around 2000-2500 metal ingots from one run of volcano spawn point.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:19 AM, Ubalgin said:

I though that re-fertilizer works only for natural resources like trees and bushes. Does it work also on metal, obsidian and other kind of stuff?

On 12/10/2018 at 7:09 AM, HG1F2 said:

I also recommend using the re-fertilizer to spawn resources quickly

Re-Fertilizer  doesn't work in single player. I've tried it. 

Once you get the Industrial Grinder, it's pretty much a cake walk for metal. Visit the lava, snow, northwest and swamp caves. You'll can get rifles, pikes, scuba tanks, compound bows and riot shields from tributing the artifacts from those caves. Toss them in the grinder and you'll get a sufficient amount of metal. You can also get revival platforms from the immune and skylord artifacts, that's an easy 100-200 metal from placing them and then demolishing them. I built five tree platforms, as well as an elevator with a medium platform attached to the tree platform just from this method. 

I have only played multi-player, but will give my 2 cents.  First, I agree with someone above who said that you are not using tames effectively.  Especially if you are on a hard difficulty level.  Your tames basically becomes your shield, your weapon and your tools.  There is only one cave you cannot bring a rideable tame inside.  Also, if you haven't already, breed your tames to increase their stats.  My strategy: Metal - Harvest metal using a quetz with a platform saddle carrying 1-2 ankylos.  You can easily fill 2 ankylos with metal from the volcano, or the blue obelisk.  You can get more metal and faster keeping the raw metal in the ankies and then smelting it at your base.  Each anky can hold 3000+ raw metal if they are level 450.  Cementing Paste: Get 3-4 snails if you are running out of cp.  One snail is not going to be enough.  Blue Prints:  Do not always go for maximum damage or protection.  Look at the resource costs.  You may have a sword or flak armor piece that is only a few points off of the maximum you have, but cost half as much resources.  The resource costs appear to be random to me.  Battle Tames: It is fun to tame and use a good variety of creatures.  Probably my favorite part of the game.  You really cannot go wrong with most of the tames and a good ascendant saddle.  Here are some of my recommendations that you shouldn't get any armor damage, or have to use any weapons.  Rex's - Good all around.  You will not get knocked off by purlovias, or armor damage from larger dinos.  There weakness is fall damage.  So be careful travelling on mountains in the dark.  Sabertooth with ascendant saddle - Very forgiving of mistakes and can get out of trouble in a hurry.  Sabers actually have a decrease in fall damage, so mountainous terrain suites them well.   Sabers can also fit in most caves.  Weakness - Area of damage is wide and low, but you have a hard time using just the saber for flying dinos.  Good thing is you can use weapons like spears while mounted on one.  Base: NO WOOD.  Wood is damaged by a lot of dinos.  Replace with stone.  Stone can still be damaged,  but only by a few, and even then it will hold up against most wild attacks.  If your base is not next to a steep elevation, 6 high walls should be sufficient.  Hope this helps you.

It's in the way your using them, it's not to often I have to repair. I'm almost always on a tame when I do combat.

Try running around in cloth, it helps with heat. This prevents the fall damage from taking an expensive toll. Use the metal stuff for when your going someplace you plan on fighting.

Even in multiplayer i manage to only repair once a week or 2 unless i am caving. So in single player it should be at least the same helping reduce that grind some.

Also check the durability on your BP, i trash low ones everytime due to the frequent repairs adding up.

Archived