pve "NOSK" - Genesis Part 2 / Fjordur / Ragnarok Cluster

NanoTrev

NOSK

Running since May 16th of 2016

NOSK is formed from three 30 slot servers for people looking to experience the game in every facet that ARK allows.

We have ZERO pay-to-win gimmicks. You only donate if you want to show that you appreciate how the cluster works and what we provide.

The servers have been prepaid for a year with no current plans of letting the subscription lapse.

Server Specs:

Hard Disk: NVME
CPU Clock Speed: 4.2 - 5Ghz (Adaptive OC)
RAM: 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

Coming Soon:

Stuff! We're always floating new mod ideas, though we aim to keep it around 25 mods at the maximum. Currently we're at 24 mods- though we only choose the most polished mods to add to the cluster.

The Rules:

1. Don't use round-about methods to try and kill people.
  2. No pillar or foundation spam.
  3. Don't back-seat moderate. As much as I hate handling drama in the event that it pops up, leave it to me. You're here to have fun! Don't worry yourself over managing other people. I'll keep the peace for you.
  4. Should a new expansion come out and we change maps, you'll be given a week in advance to upload your dinosaurs for later deployment.
  5. No hate-speech or anything of that sort in our Discord or ARK global chat. We're all fellow gamers here and there's no reason to ruin the good vibes for everyone.
  6. Don't block Obelisks or Artifact caves.
  7. Don't ask for hand-outs.
  8. Because we can't validate what was lost due to rollbacks and technical issues we don't replace items. However, we pay for an awesome server host and it has yet to be an issue.
  9.  If you're gone for more than 30 days, the decay timers will make sure that you're not holding onto space that could be used by active players.
  10. In the name of reducing lag, do not have any more than 10 dinos out at a time. We have lots of cheap, easy means to store them.
  11. Keep bases around the size of the Castle on Ragnarok (in total volume) or smaller. I think we've all experienced coming across a base that encompasses an area the size of Viking Bay and how fun it is to load in.

The Rates:

• Taming: x2.
  • Harvest: Official.
  • XP: Official.
  • AutoSave Interval in Minutes: 30
  • Difficult Override: 5
  • Difficulty Offset: 1
  • DayCycleSpeedScale=0.5
    (For longer day/night cycles)
  • LayEggIntervalMultiplier=1
  • CropGrowthSpeedMultiplier=3
  • MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.5
  • EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=12
  • BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=12
  • Item weight cut by 50% or more.
  • Water and food drain cut in half.

What Makes Us Different:

• There's only one server administrator keeping a presence. The duty isn't shared, and it's not something that can be bought.
  • Speaking of purchases, there's no system to redeem items for real world money. Our server is not, and never will be 'pay to win.'
  • Drama, as stated above in the rules, is quickly dispatched.
  • ...we may just be one of the only servers where people regularly have nicer dinos than the administrator.

Other Features:

Clustered Genesis / Ragnarok / Fjordur

• Max player level is 155 with crafted Ascension available starting at lvl 100.
  • Dinosaur recovery with Dino Storage v2. When your dino dies, it will try and return the 'soul' to your inventory or the nearest soul terminal. However, I've taken steps to ensure that other players cannot resurrect your dead dinos as a system without those fail safes is ripe for abuse.
  • Element veins and OSDs spawn on Ragnarok.
  • Aberrant and Extinction creatures are sprinkled about in areas it would make sense for them to spawn in.
  • Extinction and modded dino saddles along with their BPs drop from terrestrial Alpha animals. They vary in quality, so it won't be a single kill you can make and forget about.

A Word on Wipes:

I won't leave bases around that belong to people who suddenly vanish for 6 months at a time. It's not fair to clutter the cluster with your things and then go on a hiatus, on top of expecting those who play on it every day to live with their favorite spot being taken by someone who is almost never around.

The next full wipe will not be for quite some time as our last wipe was just performed on March 26th, 2020. To put it into perspective, we've never wiped prior to this (since 2016) and I don't see it happening for another 4 years unless a large majority of the populace brings it up and a vote is run.

MOD List:

Featured:

• ARK Additions by Garuga123
  • Kraken's Better Dinos
  • Animals of Atlas
  • No Untamables
  • Lethal's Reusables
  • Dino Storage v2
  • The recently updated S+ !
  • ...and more!

Review the mod list to read about the mods on the server and pre-load them before joining for a more seamless experience.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1810675146

JOIN US!

Below are the links you can use to join the server cluster! Each server is 30 slots.

Genesis Part 2 - 30 slot
steam://connect/54.39.73.54:28147

Fjordur - 30 slot
steam://connect/54.39.73.54:28017

Ragnarok - 30 slot
steam://connect/54.39.73.54:28027

-OR-

Search "NOSK" in the server directory in-game.

DISCORD:

https://discord.gg/GFtrsKZ

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump! Breeding Managarmers as of late to see if I can't get a couple babies going for the tribe. Not really satisfied with the second sibling's level but I can work with it! 2/3 of the raptors I want have been tamed. I'm just looking for a high-level male to compliment the two females I have. The biggest thing on the to-do list is however, is to tame another Giga, preferrably a female. Taming cap is nowhere close to the 4k limit. Recently, I've also been able to solo a blue OSD with my imprinted Managarmr! It's been an okay night for ARK.

Now, if only they fixed the Velonasaurs so I could put the 26 I have tamed to use.

On 5/11/2019 at 8:40 PM, Pazong514 said:

Is it supposed to take 1 year to be able to breed thing again. And also I can’t change gamma 

It has a cooldown of a day.

Alas, we are indeed still running and I can change my gamma, as can a couple of the other people playing on and off. It's also enabled in the server config.

• 2 weeks later...
  • NanoTrev changed the title to "NOSK" - Genesis Part 2 / Fjordur / Ragnarok Cluster

Archived