Pve way to deal with drop theives

bigfishrob

Your opinion is that they should be protected. Which is fine. But they aren’t changing it any time soon. Provide proof they are if you have it.  Until then, it’s a feature that is working as intended.

The forums are not really a place for suggestions for Wildcard - I doubt they monitor it too heavily. Twitter and Reddit seem to be more monitored and responsive for them. And nobody is pissing on your idea - it’s just Disagreement. 

My opinion is that Wildcard wants the drops and veins open to the public to spark more conflict on servers - this will lead to lower dino counts. Which is a benefit to them to keep servers from capping as fast. But again - it’s an opinion. It’s neither right or wrong. Just like your opinion, I have no proof to prove it true or not. But the continued silence from WC for 5 weeks isn’t coincidence...

On 12/13/2018 at 6:59 AM, flamron said:

Your opinion is that they should be protected. Which is fine. But they aren’t changing it any time soon. Provide proof they are if you have it.  Until then, it’s a feature that is working as intended.

The forums are not really a place for suggestions for Wildcard - I doubt they monitor it too heavily. Twitter and Reddit seem to be more monitored and responsive for them. And nobody is pissing on your idea - it’s just Disagreement. 

My opinion is that Wildcard wants the drops and veins open to the public to spark more conflict on servers - this will lead to lower dino counts. Which is a benefit to them to keep servers from capping as fast. But again - it’s an opinion. It’s neither right or wrong. Just like your opinion, I have no proof to prove it true or not. But the continued silence from WC for 5 weeks isn’t coincidence...

Except in pve it is against coc to do things that would lower dino count...

16 hours ago, RipMoFo said:

tame a giga, take the giga to their base, set it on aggressive mode, and unclaim it, GG (of course you have someone do this while your doing an OSD so you know they arent there to claim it

Seriously..lol.. unclaimed giga aggressive wont do anything to tames

My reference to lower dino counts is the likely wars that will be caused from the perceived “stealing”. I’ve seen it boil over numerous times on our server - but war is pointless atm since nobody has anything. When transfers open, it’ll be a new game. 

Personally, I’d love to see a PVP element introduced into the veins and OSD’s on PVE. But that would probably cause more issues than solutions. 

On 12/13/2018 at 3:03 AM, Cinnamongod said:

And you know this how? 

Because they've stated that they have no intention of changing this mechanic many times since I started playing the game in early June of 2015.

Throughout the early access development process and since release, many people have requested this change. Myself included. It's beyond pointless at this point to expect that they will backtrack on three and a half years of precedent. I'm not telling you this because I don't want it to happen. I'm telling you because it's been made clear on a multitude of occasions that they have no intention of doing so.

You can be vitriolic, angry, hyperbolic, loud, litigious, threatening, vulgar, violent, captious, kind, sweet, disparaging, polite, acrimonious, gracious, curt, whiny, sad, deprecating, gratuitous, congenial, argumentative, spiteful, or downright nasty...I've seen people try all of those things. They haven't worked. I'm telling you to not bother wasting your time with the expectation that it will change anything.

Are you secretly an employee pretending to be a player on the forums? 

No. Not everyone you think disagrees with you is part of secret conspiracy to undermine you.

I love how people come to the forums to state the obvious. The forums true purpose is for feedback and suggestions not pissing all over people ideas.

There's a difference between "pissing all over people ideas" and providing a straight forward response to a request in which the answer is already known. Chill out with manufactured outrage...or at very least be mature enough to recognize that directing it at me for being realistic serves no purpose beyond irrational scapegoating.

Does anyone have any idea why nothing has been addressed to people coming in and stealing from everything? we are working hard in our tribe to do red drops and above, and when it is done another tribe comes in and steals everything, then goes on to say that they have done nothing wrong and start kiting corrupted dinos to everyone's bases saying it is our fault? Why can they not be made to be tribe/ally only?

its Hard to deal with theives and bad persons in PVE, Some people really do play PVP instant to PVE like a person yesterday, 
he Kite and kill my 8 dinos cuz i knock out a 180 TEK-Rex we are 2 person shoot the Rex he is only 1 person flying aorund in Arge not shooting with anything but
he is sure he claim it.  Even we are saw first he is Just 68 lvl we are 100+ i don't believe he has Dart or any kibble like we do,
its happen Center 350 official, i guess he is chinese or russian or something hes name was [boxboxbox] after we knock out the Rex
First he Try to attack unconscious Rex i guess he thinks its pvp then he realized can't dmg it and start to kite eventually he hit with wild dinos and lost all my efficiency on Rex
then while i try to protect Rex with him kites he start to kite Dinos my Friends base and he forget the doors open he killed abouth 8 easy dinos like dodos, dilos not important
but then i said i have Video and i Report him he Start to Speak and says "Admins your dady? Admins do nothing, they don't help you, haha i mess with your base" 
Sadly this is True even i share a video They don't help they do nothing and im sure they don't even care PVE server. 
PS. He is mocking after i said i will report him and says he mess me with tomorrow too cuz he not getting any report, warning or punishment.
http://prntscr.com/lwcims

On 12/14/2018 at 11:35 AM, flamron said:

Personally, I’d love to see a PVP element introduced into the veins and OSD’s on PVE. But that would probably cause more issues than solutions. 

That was already the case and it was the very thing people were complaining about. The majority of player do NOT want PVP in their PVE at all! If you want a hybrid mode then ask for PVPVE maps instead of advocating for the ruined experience of the PVE player base. 

Look at that! People go to the forums and "whine" and something gets done about it. So was it really whining or was it what the forums are here for? This would work much better if people would not pointlessly fight each other on here even if they have no faith that a change will ever take place. Do not interfere with the attempt for positive change; support it or remain neutral.

2 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

Look at that! People go to the forums and "whine" and something gets done about it. So was it really whining or was it what the forums are here for? This would work much better if people would not pointlessly fight each other on here even if they have no faith that a change will ever take place. Do not interfere with the attempt for positive change; support it or remain neutral.

So don’t disagree. Or else?  

Seems perhaps you’re confused about how opinions work. Some people (me included) were ok with how the drops worked. It helped build teamwork on server for the right folks, and it showed many true colors immediately by how others acted. Now the drops are a purely solo event for one tribe for the majority of the game. I know our allies will run with us, because we enjoy playing together. What about the solo player though?  This was their shot at getting loot. Now that’s gone - unless you think tribes will just drop MEK BP’s to the solo players and other good BP’s?  So what fun is it for them?  You can only run so many blue and yellow drops solo before you rip your hair out from getting premade compound bows and cooked meat jerky. 

Everyone will be happy now though, right?  There’s a reason our server population has dropped from 60 consistently on the weekends down to 30. I fully expect to see those numbers back up and a lively server...

I think the “new” griefing will be solo players and salty tribes intentionally running the map activating all the drops and veins preventing anyone else from getting them. It’ll be interesting for sure to see how people react.

I can guarantee if I roll up to a blue drop that I’m activating it and moving on so I can try to find a red or purple drop. They aren’t worth running, and I’m not going to wait for someone to maybe eventually pop it. 

23 minutes ago, flamron said:

I think the “new” griefing will be solo players and salty tribes intentionally running the map activating all the drops and veins preventing anyone else from getting them. It’ll be interesting for sure to see how people react.

I can guarantee if I roll up to a blue drop that I’m activating it and moving on so I can try to find a red or purple drop. They aren’t worth running, and I’m not going to wait for someone to maybe eventually pop it. 

Very true but that is no different to higher tier tribes doing that now anyway, they just rock up, activate it and go off on their merry way.

I think it will be helpful for those players who find one first and activate it. 

14 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Very true but that is no different to higher tier tribes doing that now anyway, they just rock up, activate it and go off on their merry way.

I think it will be helpful for those players who find one first and activate it. 

Yep. Until you have a tribe of three or four actively hunting drops/veins and starting them all. Imagine them doing that for 10-12 hours a day?  Just to lock everyone out and then run when they want. Seems like an imbalance.  

10 minutes ago, flamron said:

Yep. Until you have a tribe of three or four actively hunting drops/veins and starting them all. Imagine them doing that for 10-12 hours a day?  Just to lock everyone out and then run when they want. Seems like an imbalance.  

I guess it is the same as with cave runs, its whoever gets there first isnt it. No real imbalance really, just luck that you are there when it drops.

3 minutes ago, Anarki said:

I guess it is the same as with cave runs, its whoever gets there first isnt it. No real imbalance really, just luck that you are there when it drops.

Maybe. We will see. I’d expect to see a post or two pop up that “people are stealing drops and not running them” as this rolls out. But I could be wrong - I was wrong about WC not doing anything about them in the first place. Lol

6 minutes ago, flamron said:

Maybe. We will see. I’d expect to see a post or two pop up that “people are stealing drops and not running them” as this rolls out. But I could be wrong - I was wrong about WC not doing anything about them in the first place. Lol

That will likely happen too but with them spawning correctly multiple at a time there will be more chances to get to them.

9 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

That will likely happen too but with them spawning correctly multiple at a time there will be more chances to get to them.

Yes. The spawn fixes will be great. We wasted a forest titan tame because we couldn’t run any red/purple drops. I just hope the crashes that seemed to be the norm with multiple drops running don’t come back. 

Archived