Pve way to deal with drop theives

bigfishrob

Wildcard please give us a way to combat ppl stealing drops in pve. You put kiting in coc so we cant run ppl off the server who are messing with everyone. We cant attack them. We cant block them in. We have a box box tribe on my server that follows us everytime we are finishing a drop and comes with a whip and takes half the loot. Forcefield wont work bc the expolsion of the loot instantly breaks it. Taking the loot is not against coc yet this is clearly pvp behavior. This is forcing us to find ways around your coc to try to protect what we are earning. 

3 hours ago, flamron said:

Use a whip for OSD’s

Destroy the outer veins or ignore them and pick only the middle vein on element veins 

On harder drops, just stop helping if they come with an owl or one mana and let them get their butts kicked 

Join others on their drops and take what you can

You were going good until that last recommendation where you are essentially saying "be a piece of crap as well".

Let me add another option: Just trade for the good loot that drops out and let others fight each other.

4 hours ago, flamron said:

Use a whip for OSD’s

Destroy the outer veins or ignore them and pick only the middle vein on element veins 

On harder drops, just stop helping if they come with an owl or one mana and let them get their butts kicked 

Join others on their drops and take what you can

This doesnt work bc they come in with whips also and they hide until u pop it. Plus when u whipping it up u grab 50 stone walls or 200 black pearls and ur stuck thumbing inventory while they collect all your stuff. And we cant go "share" with theirs because they cant do them. They just show up for free loot. We cany kill em. Owl cant freeze or stop them. It literally just promotes pvp theft in what is supposed to be pve environment minus the ability to do anything about it. Im rdy to just ignore coc and kite stuff to them anyhow but im trying to play right.

3 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

You were going good until that last recommendation where you are essentially saying "be a piece of crap as well".

Let me add another option: Just trade for the good loot that drops out and let others fight each other.

Playing intended game mechanics is way different than being crap. Do unto others as they do to you. You join me, I join you. Simple enough. When you come and grab what you can at the end, it’s as intended as well. So not much you can do. Getting the butthurt creme out isn’t gonna solve it, and I’m pretty sure crying to the server and/or your mom won’t do much either. So live with it and play within the allowed rules. Don’t like it - there’s a war option and also plenty of other servers you can go join where the same thing happens, but keep those blinders on.

You don’t own the drop. You don’t own the loot. Plain and simple. 

3 hours ago, flamron said:

Playing intended game mechanics is way different than being crap. Do unto others as they do to you. You join me, I join you. Simple enough. When you come and grab what you can at the end, it’s as intended as well. So not much you can do. Getting the butthurt creme out isn’t gonna solve it, and I’m pretty sure crying to the server and/or your mom won’t do much either. So live with it and play within the allowed rules. Don’t like it - there’s a war option and also plenty of other servers you can go join where the same thing happens, but keep those blinders on.

not really a solution, but ok!

image.thumb.jpeg.5e80a9ed1b21f75d7eef5414d3d6940d.jpeg

8 hours ago, flamron said:

How do you know they are intended game mechanics? A lot of assumptions here like "if you can do it then it must be intended". Under that logic then meshing is intended and duping as well. Many horrible game mechanics are Dev laziness and corner cutting. Using the forums to point out obvious flaws is not crying. It is using the forums for their intended purpose. What is butthurt crying is criticizing everyone who uses to the forums in an attempt to better the game. Playing within the allowed rules can get you banned. A player must use common sense and realize when a mechanic is broken and post on the forums. The same thing you are making fun of them for doing. I have no idea what that last sentence is attempting to say but war is and never should be part of PVE

I don't own imaginary loot? Ownership is not the thing. Selfish players who leech off of others is. The fact that you are trying to justify this shows which type of person you are.

If the devs want the loot to be earned , then they'd set up a team system and let the drop be only lootable by the team that initiated the drop.  Or they would allow defenses to be demolished 1min after loot has been released.  Problem with the second option though would be one person in the group could go put down a shield gen and keep other participants not allied to not get any loot. Or even a non-participant to possibly roll up and place a shield generator and push out the actual participants while they grab all the loot.

I don't see them building a teaming mechanic separate from the tribe/allied system just for osd.

12 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

How do you know they are intended game mechanics? A lot of assumptions here like "if you can do it then it must be intended". Under that logic then meshing is intended and duping as well. Many horrible game mechanics are Dev laziness and corner cutting. Using the forums to point out obvious flaws is not crying. It is using the forums for their intended purpose. What is butthurt crying is criticizing everyone who uses to the forums in an attempt to better the game. Playing within the allowed rules can get you banned. A player must use common sense and realize when a mechanic is broken and post on the forums. The same thing you are making fun of them for doing. I have no idea what that last sentence is attempting to say but war is and never should be part of PVE

I don't own imaginary loot? Ownership is not the thing. Selfish players who leech off of others is. The fact that you are trying to justify this shows which type of person you are.

Keep crying in global when people show up. Element is worthless now. Only noobs who’ve never had tek before over value it’s worth. We farmed 1000 element in under two hours yesterday - with people “helping”. It is what it is. Cry like a baby though, and try to make up other excuses like meshing is ok. You have nothing to back up your argument with. You’re just salty because you want all the element. Greed greed greed is what rules the Ark. We have plenty. People can ride our coat tails if they need to. 

20 minutes ago, flamron said:

Keep crying in global when people show up. Element is worthless now. Only noobs who’ve never had tek before over value it’s worth. We farmed 1000 element in under two hours yesterday - with people “helping”. It is what it is. Cry like a baby though, and try to make up other excuses like meshing is ok. You have nothing to back up your argument with. You’re just salty because you want all the element. Greed greed greed is what rules the Ark. We have plenty. People can ride our coat tails if they need to. 

Image result for watch out we got a badass over here

We actually have a decent server community over on Ext and even though we are mainly hitting just the blues, people fly over, see us doing it and then head off. We haven't had an incident where we have had loot stolen. 

What we do have in place and I would suggest this also, is make allies. You can always call them over when you are on your last wave and they can come and help get the loot with you. Id happily fly over to assist in getting allies' loot and give it to them if it was going to stop 'thieves' from gaining others' hard earned loot.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:27 PM, flamron said:

Holy crap, get your PvP ass out of here. People want to do their own damn drop without others stealing the poop they didn't work for. I joined some pals of mine to do Purple drops on official PvE a few days ago. We did the 5 drops, each till round 8, but every time my friends would scramble like madmen to get to the loot, screaming that the drop had been opened. I didn't understand why they would they would dash for the loot despite the fact that there seemed to be no need for a rush. That was until our 6th drop, where we screwed up and accidentally got some of our Gigas killed. We decided to stop the drop early, and that's when we saw it. Someone on a Managarmr diving towards the loot. They dismounted and began whipping like a madman, taking whatever they could, remounted, and got away. We lost about half our hard earned loot. In PvP, this would be totally acceptable, but don't even try to defend this kind of stuff in PvE. It's completely unacceptable. 

The drops and Element Nodes need to be rebalanced for PvE. A lot of stuff in the game does. PvP and PvE cannot run on the exact same mechanics, it just doesn't work for balance.

54 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Holy crap, get your PvP ass out of here. People want to do their own damn drop without others stealing the poop they didn't work for. I joined some pals of mine to do Purple drops on official PvE a few days ago. We did the 5 drops, each till round 8, but every time my friends would scramble like madmen to get to the loot, screaming that the drop had been opened. I didn't understand why they would they would dash for the loot despite the fact that there seemed to be no need for a rush. That was until our 6th drop, where we screwed up and accidentally got some of our Gigas killed. We decided to stop the drop early, and that's when we saw it. Someone on a Managarmr diving towards the loot. They dismounted and began whipping like a madman, taking whatever they could, remounted, and got away. We lost about half our hard earned loot. In PvP, this would be totally acceptable, but don't even try to defend this kind of stuff in PvE. It's completely unacceptable. 

The drops and Element Nodes need to be rebalanced for PvE. A lot of stuff in the game does. PvP and PvE cannot run on the exact same mechanics, it just doesn't work for balance.

Not in it for PVP. I’m just being realistic. For the most part, we see people joining in that are completely incapable of running a higher tier drop/vein by themselves. A little common courtesy would go a long way, but their greed overrules that. 

So I make it a point to join in on anyone that sees fit to do the same to me. At this point, that’s about seven tribes on our server. Anyone who maintains the respect to either ask (we will happily split loot/element every time) or move along is treated as such. 

It just seems that more and more people are getting greedier as we get through the progression of the map. I just accept the fact that it’s currently as intended, and I don’t foresee any changes coming soon. So instead of whining about it, We took it upon ourselves to set the precedence. Not many liked it at first, but now they understand after being bamboozled by the sneaky people/tribes on the map. 

2 hours ago, flamron said:

Not in it for PVP. I’m just being realistic. For the most part, we see people joining in that are completely incapable of running a higher tier drop/vein by themselves. A little common courtesy would go a long way, but their greed overrules that. 

So I make it a point to join in on anyone that sees fit to do the same to me. At this point, that’s about seven tribes on our server. Anyone who maintains the respect to either ask (we will happily split loot/element every time) or move along is treated as such. 

It just seems that more and more people are getting greedier as we get through the progression of the map. I just accept the fact that it’s currently as intended, and I don’t foresee any changes coming soon. So instead of whining about it, We took it upon ourselves to set the precedence. Not many liked it at first, but now they understand after being bamboozled by the sneaky people/tribes on the map. 

If you accept things the way they are then why are you wasting your time to post on the forums? You are just muddying the waters of possible change. The forum is a place that you come to point out issues that need to be fixed, whining as you call it. It is way more effective if everyone is in agreement. When you argue with legitimate points people are making then you justify the devs in their inaction. If your optimism has already been defeated the stay off of the forums. Have you heard the term self-fulfilling prophecy?

8 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

If you accept things the way they are then why are you wasting your time to post on the forums? 

If it's not clear to you already, let me point out here that - between the two of you, - you are well beyond wasting your time. You're complaining about an intended mechanic. He accepts reality for what it is. The drop mechanics in PvE have remained the same the early days and there is zero indication (quite the opposite, in fact) that it will change no matter how hyperbolic your posts become.

...and please, spare us the "hard work" or "hard earned" comments. This is a video game, not a 401k. 

1 hour ago, Cinnamongod said:

If you accept things the way they are then why are you wasting your time to post on the forums? You are just muddying the waters of possible change. The forum is a place that you come to point out issues that need to be fixed, whining as you call it. It is way more effective if everyone is in agreement. When you argue with legitimate points people are making then you justify the devs in their inaction. If your optimism has already been defeated the stay off of the forums. Have you heard the term self-fulfilling prophecy?

It’s a disagreement. That does not nullify my or your opinions. 

I don’t, and will not agree with your assessment because I don’t believe it will help gameplay. Simple as that.

My optimism has nothing to do with this subject either. We just disagree. Perhaps you should look in the mirror before directing people to not even bother posting on the internet. You know, a place filled with many opinions?

build a racer or quetz with walls that extend into the ground. As soon as you pop it , walk over and stand over the loot.

Maybe it doesn't work, maybe you can only guarantee half the loot. but if someone else gets stuck from another tribe you can problably wait till they die of food or thirst lol.

I play pvp tho and a battery heavy solves this prob lol

On 12/10/2018 at 2:43 PM, LouSpowells said:

They will not do that. Loot belongs to the person who picks it up. Don't expect that to change.

And you know this how? Are you secretly an employee pretending to be a player on the forums? 

I love how people come to the forums to state the obvious. The forums true purpose is for feedback and suggestions not pissing all over people ideas.

People asking for change is not an expectation. Who is the one being hyperbolic? Many game employee safeguards so that players can not leech off of others. There is no reason that WC can not do the same. They do not have a similar mechanic in Ark that compares to the OSD's so it is not out of the question to think that significant changes will still happen. There needs to either be personalized loot or a participation scoring that prevents leecher from stealing undeserved loot.

Players are right to request this issue to be fixed and they should keep asking as loudly as possible because eventually something will get done about it. Ignore people who tell you otherwise as they do not have the games best interests in mind.

Archived