new game: Atlas

acat

Soo, many people here will remember how wildcard released that trailer of a game called atlas a few months ago. The surprise was big and they took it back down quickly, as if the upload was an accident. I havent heard any more about it until friends sent me this link today. Maybe everybody else already knows about this, but i was absolutely shocked :D It seems like wildcard will release atlas as early access game on december 13. Which means they have worked on it for months or maybe more than a year and that we can lower our hopes for a balanced and mostly bug-free ark even more (if thats even possible).

What do you all think?

In the latest trailer the creatures in this game are reskins of assets they already own. The megalodons model was altered slightly into a hammerhead shark. The hydra greatly resembles the model from snailgames Dark and Light. The cyclops also resembles the one from dark and light. There is also a reskinned rock elemental from Ark. The fire elemental next to the rock elemental in the trailer is a clear reskin of the one in dark and light also. The structures textures haven’t even been changed in this new game.

They are just getting lazy. How many times are they going to keep doing this? ArkPark, Dark and Light, Pixark and now this? Sure Atlas has different people working on it but it's basically the exact same thing. They are selling people reskins. Barely anything in this "new" game is actually new. It could have been implemented into Ark as a mod or as a DLC but no. They clearly want people to pay around £20 for this.

Think very wisely before purchasing this game. Most of the other Ark clones flopped hard.

On 12/8/2018 at 3:14 PM, Ryuk said:

In the latest trailer the creatures in this game are reskins of assets they already own. The megalodons model was altered slightly into a hammerhead shark. The hydra greatly resembles the model from snailgames Dark and Light. The cyclops also resembles the one from dark and light. There is also a reskinned rock elemental from Ark. The fire elemental next to the rock elemental in the trailer is a clear reskin of the one in dark and light also. The structures textures haven’t even been changed in this new game.

They are just getting lazy. How many times are they going to keep doing this? ArkPark, Dark and Light, Pixark and now this? Sure Atlas has different people working on it but it's basically the exact same thing. They are selling people reskins. Barely anything in this "new" game is actually new. It could have been implemented into Ark as a mod or as a DLC but no. They clearly want people to pay around £20 for this.

Think very wisely before purchasing this game. Most of the other Ark clones flopped hard.

For othergame, that was small team who works on other game.
But this one, it is the major of the team + Eve Online. I really see this as an Ark 2. Gareth Coker works on Atlas too, so I'm hyped af

Archived