Growth Pheromones

Lemons

Recently I raised a griffin, and boy do those things take a long time to raise. This provoked an idea in my head: What if there was something that could, I dunno, speed up growth? GROWTH PHEROMONES!!! I feel like that would that benefit people who raise dinos that take a long time to mature, (such as myself). I was just wondering if you guys were already developing something like that, or maybe we could see it in-game soon? :)

5 hours ago, Lemons said:

Recently I raised a griffin, and boy do those things take a long time to raise. This provoked an idea in my head: What if there was something that could, I dunno, speed up growth? GROWTH PHEROMONES!!! I feel like that would that benefit people who raise dinos that take a long time to mature, (such as myself). I was just wondering if you guys were already developing something like that, or maybe we could see it in-game soon? :)

Thing is, that would make the game a 'P2W'.

Maybe they can make it as Single Player only item.

35 minutes ago, qdzs1 said:

Yes, that makes the game "pay to win". Just spend money, buy amber, get the pheromones, and you can breed dinos at an extreme speed and get an army of dinos that usually are very hard to raise, like gigas.

I can see how it would make the game a bit more unfair, especially on PvP. Although people might be able to raise dinos like gigas faster, the mating cooldown is still in place preventing them from building a ridiculous giga army too quickly. I just feel like it would help many players, especially on official, if something could speed up the growth of baby dinos.

34 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Although people might be able to raise dinos like gigas faster, the mating cooldown is still in place preventing them from building a ridiculous giga army too quickly.

1.) What if the baby's a female? Or even a twin?

2.) By cutting down the time needed to raise a baby, it also cuts down the amount of micro-ing needed. Meaning, you can relax for 5 hours waiting for the next mating cycle with another more adult dino or two in your stable, already raring to go, while someone who doesn't pay for it is still tending a baby or two, while having less reinforcement. See how can it be abused easily?

• 11 months later...

Archived