How to tell what your dino can do?

Peteed1

is there some listing online of what dinos win against another type of dino so you can know if you can kill something so that you don't bite off more than you can chew?

Nothing quite like thinking a baryonyx half a dozen dilo's and 2 raptors and one of the crocodile things would be enough especially when they are all like level 50 and up and then having a level 14 Therizinosaur tear them and you a new one in like 3 seconds...

I also have played for 2 weeks or 3 weeks in solo and am yet to get more than a couple of minutes walk away from South 2 spawn point due to dinos that attack me :( 

No idea what i'm doing wrong :( 

1 minute ago, TINYMAN said:

The reason your getting killed by a theri is because of its knock back and superrrr damage. The bary can Stun dinos in the water, so kill them before you get in, or lure them out. 

The stuff about the Therizinosaur was to provide context for the rest of the stuff not the part I needed help on, the rest however is :) 

1 minute ago, Peteed1 said:

The stuff about the Therizinosaur was to provide context for the rest of the stuff not the part I needed help on, the rest however is :) 

The Dino vs. Dino thing that you're worried about is all about stats, not the actual dino. The best killers on land are(in order): titans,giga/reaper, rexes, spinos(Semi-Aquatic). People can argue that a pack of direwolfs or allos and such would shread some of those options, but solo they're the best. For water the best are: Tuso/Mosa, Plesi, Mega, and so on. Air is of course: sky titan, wyvern, griffon, arge. Those are pretty much your best killers if they're decently high level. 

1 minute ago, TINYMAN said:

The Dino vs. Dino thing that you're worried about is all about stats, not the actual dino. The best killers on land are(in order): titans,giga/reaper, rexes, spinos(Semi-Aquatic). People can argue that a pack of direwolfs or allos and such would shread some of those options, but solo they're the best. For water the best are: Tuso/Mosa, Plesi, Mega, and so on. Air is of course: sky titan, wyvern, griffon, arge. Those are pretty much your best killers if they're decently high level. 

Trouble is I have never seen any of those (except spino) and even if I did i'm fairly sure i'm not at a point where I could tame them since I only have a longneck rifle and tranq darts atm and some of those dinos take hundreds of hits to down apparently :(

You can check the wiki which will give you the base stats for each Dino. That can sorta give you an idea of where the enemy dino will be stat wise but a lot of dinos have damage modifiers which will adjust the damage before it hits the stats so expect a little funny business. For example my wake up call last weekend was when my lvl 120 Rex got absolutely stomped by a lvl 50 corrupted reaper. I had been killing so many reapers in AB using charge light (it stops their health regen) that I thought reapers were weak. turns out without that charge light debuff they are not so easy to kill. So in the end you just have to use trial and error to learn what beats what. Also fyi dilos are great for eggs and not much else....not a good combat dino. Also Therizinos have insane damage output, that lvl14 would shred a same level rex so don't feel bad lol.

Archived