A message from Studio Wildcard

Jesse

Quote from pc gamer talking about this new game

"As for performance, Stieglitz contends that "at launch Atlas will run better than ARK does now"

Enough said , They cant get ark right so they move onto another game to do same thing to another set of gamers . They keep making products that they cant get running right .....

• Thanks 1

No chance am I buying into Atlas.. Since Extinction came out we've had crashing servers, endless lag, crashing servers, endless lag.. today pings 255+ for everyone.. crashing servers.. endless lag..crashing servers.. endless lag..crashing servers.. endless lag..get the drift wildcard?

And you actually think you can make a game that fields 50k players? You can't even get a server to support 50 players.

• Thanks 1

Jen said "end your journey across the ARKs" in one place, and then in multiple places the other Devs have now admitted that they will keep providing updates and content for ARK, including the original post of this goddamn thread that says "expansions" to ARK.  If you think ARK is dead because of one single post Jen made, you need to work on basic comprehension.

That said, I'm happy to see a new ATLAS trailer and see more content of it, more of the concept.  It might be good.  But planning 2+ years in early access, I can't commit to it in the way that I committed to ARK in June '15.  Early access, the Great Flyer Nerf, and the legacy/official split were a lot to take.  Lots of needlessly dead dinos!  Lots of deleted survivors that were never replaced.  So, I can't really buy in 100% to ATLAS, but I sure as hell will be watching it closely...

... Because perhaps only 2 or 3 times ever, a game has gripped me like ARK has.  A 100% unknown developer with a concept that BLOWS up and becomes a genre-defining adventure was something that I did NOT see coming when I bought ARK for 5 dollars way back when, nor did I know I would spend 6000+ hours on this game over the years and STILL get excited over builds, breeds, and battles.  There has been such poop in ARK...  But the experience this game has provided is unmatched in the entirety of my life.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

Jen said "end your journey across the ARKs" in one place, and then in multiple places the other Devs have now admitted that they will keep providing updates and content for ARK, including the original post of this goddamn thread that says "expansions" to ARK.  If you think ARK is dead because of one single post Jen made, you need to work on basic comprehension.

Well, this is also the very first line of the DLC description: https://store.steampowered.com/app/887380/ARK_Extinction__Expansion_Pack/

This basically just mean this is the end of the story, not that they will stop releasing content whatsoever. At least, this is how I interpreted it, and this announcement here basically confirmed it.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, this is also the very first line of the DLC description: https://store.steampowered.com/app/887380/ARK_Extinction__Expansion_Pack/

This basically just mean this is the end of the story, not that they will stop releasing content whatsoever. At least, this is how I interpreted it, and this announcement here basically confirmed it.

I gotcha QC, but the description on the store page has not likely been edited since going up.  I feel like there is precedent to trust the more up-to-date information, including the original post in the thread we are talking in right this very second, that says they will release more ARK expansions.  Understanding that expansions could mean mod-style maps (MANY good candidates, Crystal Isles, Amissa, Volcano, Valguero, all sooo good!), or canon-ARKs, and factoring in the raspy and distorted "I am coming for you" at the end of Extinction's cinematic as we see the purple oby...  I am betting on more canon-story ARKs!

21 hours ago, M4rt1n said:

No chance am I buying into Atlas.. Since Extinction came out we've had crashing servers, endless lag, crashing servers, endless lag.. today pings 255+ for everyone.. crashing servers.. endless lag..crashing servers.. endless lag..crashing servers.. endless lag..get the drift wildcard?

And you actually think you can make a game that fields 50k players? You can't even get a server to support 50 players.

255 pings sounds like more duping is back

I find it amusing... in the past your excuses like “we’re just a small team” were an acceptable reason to not fix issues in the game as fast as people would have liked.

but now your team is apparently big enough that you can send original members off to work on a whole new game when ark is actually more broken than before.