A message from Studio Wildcard

Jesse

4 minutes ago, rakshasa said:

As someone with almost 4k hours logged in ARK since when I first bought it at the end of last year, this really saddens me.

No more. If this is how things are going to continue to be, if you keep neglecting this game in the name of profit (and neglecting it you are, piling on new DLCs does not a functional game make), then you will have lost at least one customer in me until you seriously start buckling down on these rampant problems infesting your game. I have no qualms with continuing to dink around on Ragnarok, and if I want shiny new creatures from DLCs, that's what mods are for.

Y'all should really be ashamed in how you're running the show, but you're not. As long as there are sheep to keep giving you money, you aren't going to learn anything.

You speak the sad truth, apparently nobody wants to hear, my friend. I agree with you. I really wish they would actually fix ARK, but that doesn't make them money so they probably never will fix it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silk said:

They LITERALLY created Ark.  So to say it's popular despite them is seriously disingenuous.

They may of came up with the idea(w8 didnt we hear they stole the idea somewhere and got into a legal problem wen they 1st started ark?  Im not 100% certain but im pretty sure thats true), but they screwed it up massively.  Take the exact same ideas and give it to capcom, bethesda, square enix, or ubisoft and the game would be functioning evn better then it is now with probably evn more goods.  Wc limit and destroy their own game evry day.  The only reason the game is alive at all is bc the idea is so amazing.  So yes ark is popular despite wc and survives despite a team that doesn't know how to handle it.  Those who know me may remember this, ima quote walter from fable3, "Smart enough to use magic, not smart enough to wear their pants rightway forward.  Explain that."

Edited by Onimusha759

1 minute ago, Onimusha759 said:

They may of came up with the idea(w8 didnt we hear they stole the idea somewhere and got into a legal problem wen they 1st started ark?  Im not 100% certain but im pretty sure thats true), but they screwed it up massively.  Take the exact same ideas and give it to capcom, bethesda, square enix, or ubisoft and the game would be functioning evn better then it is now with probably evn more goods.  Wc limit and destroy their own game evry day.  The only reason the game is alive at all is bc the idea is so amazing.  So yes ark is popular despite wc and survives despite a team that doesn't know how to handle it.  Those who know me may remember this, ima quote walter from fable3, "Smart enough to use magic, not smart enough to wear their pants rightway forward.  Explain that."

The legal problem was caused by JS working on Ark while he was working for a different company - which was a breach of contract.

https://kotaku.com/ark-survival-evolved-developers-settle-lawsuit-1771234316

Atlas? The game that looked just like Ark and was accidentally uploaded onto Ark Survival Evolved's own youtube channel 4 months ago only to be removed shortly afterwards? The game people mistook for a DLC because it's mostly all of Arks original assets? Yeah... no. Snailgames already tried that with ArkPark, Dark and Light and Pixark. No thank you lol

I have a few good questions. Is it coming to console and when. I know for a fact if it’s made by the creators of ark it’s going to get more than 40k people Playing so will there be more than one servers. please tell me it will be half descent and not released with a ton of bugs unchecked.  Will all platforms be cross play. Thx and plz keep adding more to ark including maps, primal survival and more. Plus i think they would Make a  second game for ark due to the ending scene. 

20 hours ago, MrBabyFaceBjorn said:

YES!!!

cant wait for ATLAS to release!

nvm this post, 

console gets it “next yeah” lol

as usual console players had to wait

To be fair its best they make the game for pc first as it is hard to make games for consle im just glad we get on consle and dont have to wait years for a port

Edited by Jaykid432
Spelling error

46 minutes ago, Bonespur said:

I will pass on this game, Wild Card can't even fix all the bugs and specially the lag we face everyday in Ark, we can't even enjoy the 2x weekends because the server lags Rubberbands and ping are 255. I just don't see myself giving anymore money to wildcard.

This ^^^^

No more money from me on anything even associated with Wildcard until they can fix the common issues that plague us all. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Bonespur said:

I will pass on this game, Wild Card can't even fix all the bugs and specially the lag we face everyday in Ark, we can't even enjoy the 2x weekends because the server lags Rubberbands and ping are 255. I just don't see myself giving anymore money to wildcard.

This, and to be honest, the game does not look interesting to me at all ... combining pirates AND dino's?  Seriously?  Come on. And, are they really expecting people to pay a monthly subscription or, are they looking to do something like micro-transactions?

• Thanks 1

so you want my money for a new title which clearly you were working on pre extinction and so now I know why the six month delay , 1 week console delay , and lack of testing to get a broken dlc out ( after all , you had already took our season pass money so we can wait . right?) and still havnt fixed yet . hell the centre still has metallic forest floor and blue ob has NEVER worked . yet despite all the broken problems , promises and lies with ark which is now at its all time worst. you expect us to join you on another early access beta game ????? lol HELL NO .

• Thanks 2

Maybe you should consider fixing the problems with Extinction servers and all the bugs that still hasn't been fixed since day 1 before releasing a new game. Why should i fork out more money to support Wildcard after the countless times they've let me down with their customer service and they don't seem to have a particularly good technical team either. 

• Thanks 1

I will not be giving these people any more money until they fix Arks core problems, and Ark is even less stable since the release of Extinction. It has now become more likely than not that Ark will blue screen with each session, resulting in lost data. As much as I enjoy playing Ark, it is getting old having to redo things, and wondering if Ark will crash at any time. A core fix is wishful thinking on my part, as $$$ greed rules...

• Thanks 1

Sorry Jeremy and Jesse, but you won't be getting another dime from me until Ark is fixed. Many of the fixes can be done by updating to the latest Unreal Engine version but instead you lie to everyone saying its not possible since this version is highly customized. Well UE4 devs threw you under the bus recently when they explained that UE4 can easily be updated due to its design and that any customization made to the engine can be back ported into the latest version with ease.

Even right now while i'm typing this, the server ping for the official extinction server running on my other display is 255. The game is a mess and I urge everyone to not give these  devs another cent until they fix the game we paid to test for them.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:04 AM, Silk said:

They LITERALLY created Ark.  So to say it's popular despite them is seriously disingenuous.

Becase it is a seriously glitchy and buggy game. They created Ark, yes. The people and fans made it popular.  Most of the F-ups of WC would have killed most startups. The fans stuck with Ark, while WC promised fixes and updates. I still can't see my map when I wear ghille gloves. This was supposed to been fixed ages ago. Nope Had it happen this morning. So if I am being disingenous, that is how pissed I am at WC.

On 12/7/2018 at 1:45 AM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Not buying this like I didn't buy Extinction, Abberation, or Scorched Earth since your company has either been too lazy, too petty, or too ignorant to make the flyer nerf properly optional. Your people were even scummy enough to lie a few times that Ini. settings would eventually get implemented. (You people can scrub mentions of it off here, but you can't scrub it off google.)

I’m sorry you’ve denied yourself so much amazing content over a stupid flyer nerf, which you probably wouldn’t even care about as soon as you got your first Wyvern.

• Haha 1

So the devs made a broken game. They brought that broken game to every possible platform and made spin offs. They kept releasing content that was broken regarding balance and bugs. They broke most of their promises throughout the years.

Latest example is the extinction dlc. It was released late (as anything else), it is full of bugs, it is incredibly unbalanced. And on top of all that the devs lied when they said it was late because they wanted to ensure they bring us the best experience possible. It was late because they worked on atlas at the same time.

Now they split up their dev team and move on to the next project leaving the old broken mess behind.

• Thanks 1