A message from Studio Wildcard

Jesse

9 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Not buying this like I didn't buy Extinction, Abberation, or Scorched Earth since your company has either been too lazy, too petty, or too ignorant to make the flyer nerf properly optional. Your people were even scummy enough to lie a few times that Ini. settings would eventually get implemented. (You people can scrub mentions of it off here, but you can't scrub it off google.)

There are no less than 3 mods that bring back classic flyers.  The mod community is quite good here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elweasel2010 said:

This explains sooo much. Why is Ark still so damn buggy? Atlas. Why does it seem like there little customer service? Atlas.  They think that the reason Ark is popular is because of them. Ark is popular despite them.  Why don't you finish one game first, then release a new game. I will treat this new game like that other Ark replacement. Play ark and ignore the new game.  

They LITERALLY created Ark.  So to say it's popular despite them is seriously disingenuous.

• Like 1

Guest chancho33015

So...this is in a wat, "good bye ark"....interesting. 

Well, it was good while it lasted. It also explains why extinction came out the way it did. the most glitch dlc yet...cause they had divided their attention to new money making endeavors....

42 minutes ago, Silk said:

There are no less than 3 mods that bring back classic flyers.  The mod community is quite good here.

Consoles dont have mods but we can use ini on rented and pc hosted servers. I honestly just want to be able to level speed like a normal dino, i dont really care about the nerfed speed or stamina. If I want to have a speed stamina quetz on my unofficial pve server that shouldnt be too much to ask. 

So instead of picking one direction, fix/expand Ark or create a Ark 2, you decided to do both while making extinction (and possible already during aberration) ......

Despite the fact i should be happy that Ark is getting fixes and content still, and despite knowing Atlas was coming thanks to a certain Youtube video, i cant help but feel like i have just been kicked in the nuts ...

Edited by lordbufu
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Consoles dont have mods but we can use ini on rented and pc hosted servers. I honestly just want to be able to level speed like a normal dino, i dont really care about the nerfed speed or stamina. If I want to have a speed stamina quetz on my unofficial pve server that shouldnt be too much to ask. 

Well, there's your real problem right there.  If you join Ark on PC, you have a much better experience.
I'm not trashing console directly, but stating a fact that PC solves a lot of issues.

• Facepalm 2

With this Atlas release ARK players are all doubting ark will get some more expansions. I think wildcard should give us some HINTS about whats coming to ark next even if they have nothing made yet it would really raise the morality of ark players and  everyone would have benefits from it. We just need to get this idea out so wildcard sees it. Lets all work together and spamm this message everywhere. EVERY POST HELPS ! 

Edited by JakaVodlan

I wonder if any of the staff will actually take time to read the comments, that would be appreciated.

Well how about you actually spend some real time on Ark now? There are numerous issues with this game and yet it has been a full release for a long time. If the game is having constant lagspikes despite me using high end gaming hardware and the game is filled with bugs, there is definitely something broken with your game. As a customer of yours, I would very much appreciate it if you actually FIXED your fully priced game, instead of releasing buggy half-done DLC and a completely new game which probably will be a bugfest just like Ark. The way you developers have been handling your game the last few years, how can I possibly trust you? Will you actually take the time to respond to anything I have said?

• Like 2

Why are there so many mean people playing video games? Stop whining and have fun or stop playing. This play and whine about how bad it is is perplexing and sad, and really makes a negative vibe on social media.

Wild card you are AWESOME, and I am sure Grapeshot will be too! I will always love ARK first and foremost but I know I will vacation on Atlas. ?

• Facepalm 3

50 minutes ago, PsychoKillerr said:

Any way of allowing us to host our own private servers for this new game as well? Would love to have a place for just friends and family to play. I'm sure it can be done. 

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/atlas-mmo/  says...

"Appealing to their community's whims is especially notable because Studio Wildcard will also be releasing all of the dev tools for Atlas so that players can make their own servers"

28 minutes ago, Silk said:

Well, there's your real problem right there.  If you join Ark on PC, you have a much better experience.
I'm not trashing console directly, but stating a fact that PC solves a lot of issues.

Dont even own a pc let alone one that could handle Ark. I enjoy playing games on my xbox and have a good Ark community built up there. My phone, tablet, and xbox cover every use I can think of. I understand that a PC games better and has more options but I have 0 interest in it. 

9 minutes ago, spiritpaw said:

Why are there so many mean people playing video games? Stop whining and have fun or stop playing. This play and whine about how bad it is is perplexing and sad, and really makes a negative vibe on social media.

Wild card you are AWESOME, and I am sure Grapeshot will be too! I will always love ARK first and foremost but I know I will vacation on Atlas. ?

It does not have anything to do with "being mean". Some people simply expect a fully prized game and paid DLC which they bought, to actually work and to be finished, instead of being released in an unfinished broken state. How is that a bad thing?

• Like 1

As someone with almost 4k hours logged in ARK since when I first bought it at the end of last year, this really saddens me.

No more. If this is how things are going to continue to be, if you keep neglecting this game in the name of profit (and neglecting it you are, piling on new DLCs does not a functional game make), then you will have lost at least one customer in me until you seriously start buckling down on these rampant problems infesting your game. I have no qualms with continuing to dink around on Ragnarok, and if I want shiny new creatures from DLCs, that's what mods are for.

Y'all should really be ashamed in how you're running the show, but you're not. As long as there are sheep to keep giving you money, you aren't going to learn anything.

• Like 1