A message from Studio Wildcard

Jesse

2 hours ago, Knoxy3004 said:

Wasn't atlas teased months ago then removed from YouTube...

That was an internal trailer leak. You can tell it's more of an asset flip in that old trailer and much more original content in the new trailer, even though you can still see ARK structures here and there, at least the creatures are new.

55 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

"Finish your journey through the worlds of ARK in ‘Extinction’, where the story began and ends: on Earth itself! "

^  Just reflecting back on what was said in Jen's post on Extinction's release. There will be no future expansions for Ark. Extinction is it. This is a soft goodbye if you will. For those saying "but they said there will be more expansions", oh how truthful Wildcard has been with everything else. Future expansions will be added to the stopped developments list. This marks the official dying out of Ark as we all know it. Imagine if all that focus they pour into Atlas was channeled into fixing the broken pieces of Ark how much better it could be. They're just chasing dollars by enticing Ark lovers to buy a game that has the same coding integrated into it. Pockets over players always. 

ARK is a goldmine to them. If you honestly think they're just going to pack up their bags after the most succesful PvE expansion you're in for a surprise, buddy :P 

• Like 1

It's great that they're working on a new game. BUT

If it is to act like an ARK, it will not have my positive assessment. Ark has many errors requiring urgent repair. We do not need changes only. We need to balance and correct mistakes. If Atlas will work like ARK, I  not to buy

Up to now, ARK on consoles has no support.  Now support not working:  November 20, 2018 09:53 (REQUEST #1026778 HACKING)(ps4)

There are rules, but not  working someone on the console ps4.  Why do we need these rules? No one draws the consequences from the players (PS4) 

And you can say a lot more, I think that anyway Programmers do not do what they should do but stick to the plan to finish work on ARK. Then he writes that the ARK has no support and invite you to ATLAS. I will say no not more WC games!!

Qwerz skin not working!! I paid for it.. 

I paid for it DLC  Extinction. I bought a broken DLC..... And they do not write anything about repairing mistakes.

- I will say no not more WC games!!

a/ MISTAKES !!!!!!!!!

b/  ARK on consoles has no support !!!!!

c/ Qwerz skin not working!! I paid for it..  !!!!!!

und more minus for DEV Ark

- I  Not to buy Atlas.

My opinion of the game publisher : negative  

My opinion of the GAME ARK :  great game have more mistakes 

1 hour ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Well yeah I mean that is a bit sketchy. I'm pretty worried about the future of ARK since they've expanded the game onto every single current gen console right now and I just don't see how they're going to develop ATLAS whilst fixing the THOUSANDS of problems across every platform of ARK.

they wont and its funny how people easy just belive every word they say. right if thats the case where is 100%rag released, bug fixed, lags, ddos, meshing and other poop fixed? exactly for me and my point is theyre jumping in everything at once then they got poop tons of problems why no keep doing "good work" with ark fix it and acc let people enjoy it instead of running for something else thats just shows how money grabbing this company is..... so probably your answer to community support will be they joined the ned company so they basically raptored of from ark players thats why none can get help or even a stupid answer? the other thing about the mesh yeah instead of fixin it you just wipe everyone who puts turrets under mesh for protection from other meshers FOR PROTECTION but yeah better is wipi g innocent people than fixing or running after the people who cause it...... ark is going down and more dlc dont expect anything from them they already promised a lot. wonder how they can lie so much to us aswell. internet says the Ark where you can acc play a animal role was released to xbox 2 years ago but yeah it never been released, ragnarok really? lets leave 1% so it looks like we are working on it hell yeah good job lol if thats how its gonna be u will get my ticket about giving me my money back for this broke game ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not buying this like I didn't buy Extinction, Abberation, or Scorched Earth since your company has either been too lazy, too petty, or too ignorant to make the flyer nerf properly optional. Your people were even scummy enough to lie a few times that Ini. settings would eventually get implemented. (You people can scrub mentions of it off here, but you can't scrub it off google.)

• Facepalm 1

Atlas won't affect ARK development?  Please, don't mislead your customers. The atrocious quality of Exctinction and almost no new meaningful content for past a few months tell it has already affected ARK. You even admit some people from WC works for Atlas, so how does it not affect ARK? 

Atlas will have the same problems as ARK. Poor optimisation, feature creep, terrible communication between developers and playerbase and flawed core gameplay design. I guarantee Atles will be bloated with redundant features without polishing and then WC 2.0 will move on to add another shiny toy like they had been doing through ARK life cycle... 

Apprently, they want to found game development with cosmetic MTX... I wonder how exploititive that will be. Bethesda style? 18$ for a armour skin? 

In PCGamer article you claimed you don't want to make the same mistake which was ignoring your community. There is no faith in you that you can improve to be blunt.

Btw. This time make sure your boss didn't break another deal with previous employer(s) ... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tach said:

Lol renameing yourselves grapeshot hopeing new customers wont see the way your company has handle things in the past instead of just doing the right thing and trying to polish ark before you dip out on it is sadly very on brand for wildcard. If anyone had any doubts about exactly why extinction released such a buggy unfinished mess well there's your proof they took everyone with any real talent to work on atlas and left a skeleton crew to handle ark from now on. If you thought tickets/bug fixs were slow before get ready for ALL servers to be treated like legacy.

You really like talking out of your ass

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

I can't say I'm a bit disappointed but I won't judge their decision to work on another game right now. Maybe now that Extinction is out we'll have the bugs fixed, some demanded items/creatures find their way into the game and get back the once awesome events like the first winter wonderland etc. I don't think I'm gonna buy Atlas because Ark still offers enough grinding and modded maps that I don't need a similar game. And yeah, my free disk space doesn't even allow to install anything above 50 GB... I wanna know where's @Jatheish hiding as well! Twitter and this forum aren't the same without him or @Jen :D

No. Just no. Please, stop. ARK is a mess of a game, riddled with bugs. All those clamoring for more expacs......
stop. Stieglitz and Co have learned nothing. They will take your money and leave you with a hot mess. Are you people really that stupid? They haven't learned anything. Hell, it wasn't his game to begin with! What's truly sad is they haven't any real business sense whatsoever. If you're wise, you learn. No one's learning anything. You want widespread success and, loyalty from PAYING consumers, you put out a good product, fix it when it breaks, communicate with your player base and, continue accepting and implementing what your PAYING, player base asks for. That's how you run a company. Nothing impressive here. Just another EA/Activision/Bethesda hybrid concerned with nothing more than the bottom line. No more content. Let it end.

• Thanks 1

This explains sooo much. Why is Ark still so damn buggy? Atlas. Why does it seem like there little customer service? Atlas.  They think that the reason Ark is popular is because of them. Ark is popular despite them.  Why don't you finish one game first, then release a new game. I will treat this new game like that other Ark replacement. Play ark and ignore the new game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tach said:

Lol renameing yourselves grapeshot hopeing new customers wont see the way your company has handle things in the past instead of just doing the right thing and trying to polish ark before you dip out on it is sadly very on brand for wildcard. If anyone had any doubts about exactly why extinction released such a buggy unfinished mess well there's your proof they took everyone with any real talent to work on atlas and left a skeleton crew to handle ark from now on. If you thought tickets/bug fixs were slow before get ready for ALL servers to be treated like legacy.

Exactly! This has been obvious for a long time. Happend to other teams and games (TW comes to mind).

I guess it is, ultimately, our own fault, as players and customers. Each time we bought an expansion we actually voted YES to this kind of treatment from this company.

Well, I guess children and fanboys will be happy because of this announcement, because they don't understand or they don't care.

Edited by kobayashimaru
  • Like 2