Dino Download Restrictions on Extinction

Muni

I dont know if this question was already asked, but is there any official Statement on the dino download for Extinction? 1. When will it be enabled and 2. Will there be any restrictions for the dino download on Extinction like it is on Aberration? For example disabling non native dinos on Extinction like Wyvern, Griffins, Reapers, Rock Drakes,...

I know that I will get a fair amount of negative reactions to this, however this is only my opinion. I honestly hope that there is never the ability to do dino downloads to or from Extinction. I love the fact that you have to survive with what you can get there. I will also say there have been times I would love to have my Griffon or Wyvern to make some things easier, but it is the challenge to make do with what I can find. I wish all of the servers did this. I also know that some will argue that they have spent a great deal of time breeding boss level dinos and don't want to leave/sell them and start over.   Again this is only my opinion and am not hoping to influence anyone either way.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Flakz said:

just like how you can take dimorphs to ab because of seekers beeing considered their counterpart

Not true. You can transfer Dimorph because Aberrant Dimorphs are spawning; they are just very very rare. They spawn in the Drake trenches.

6 hours ago, Ice1089 said:

I know that I will get a fair amount of negative reactions to this, however this is only my opinion. I honestly hope that there is never the ability to do dino downloads to or from Extinction. I love the fact that you have to survive with what you can get there. I will also say there have been times I would love to have my Griffon or Wyvern to make some things easier, but it is the challenge to make do with what I can find. I wish all of the servers did this. I also know that some will argue that they have spent a great deal of time breeding boss level dinos and don't want to leave/sell them and start over.   Again this is only my opinion and am not hoping to influence anyone either way.

Like you said, it's just an opinion, but the decision of transfer for official is wildcards. We will get transfer eventually, but they had mention there will be limited transfer to start with.

Transfers + raganarok somehow killed SE. All its challenges was taken by island gigas, brontos and quetzals as pteranodons and griffons took the role of some other animals and tacticis in the map. While I love the idea of another map like ragnarok that could also have aberration and extinction stuff I'd hope they think about it with caution to not have another wasted expansion while everyone plays  on island/ragnarok servers.

11 hours ago, ZulunSurvives said:

Transfers + raganarok somehow killed SE. All its challenges was taken by island gigas, brontos and quetzals as pteranodons and griffons took the role of some other animals and tacticis in the map. While I love the idea of another map like ragnarok that could also have aberration and extinction stuff I'd hope they think about it with caution to not have another wasted expansion while everyone plays  on island/ragnarok servers.

It will eventually become fully transferrable. Such is fate for most of the map.

They did mention there might be limited transfer at start once its open though in one of the Digest.

1 hour ago, ZulunSurvives said:

Yeah. Extinction seems more prepared for that, hope it dont get killed by another free dlc. For now extinction owners must have the premium feeling .

Center and Ragnarok are made by non-staff mods (before they are so-called hired). I don't forsee Wildcard doing that again for a rather long time for maps with Extinction and/or Aberration spawns.

8 hours ago, ZulunSurvives said:

Isnt crystal islands planned to get sponsored?

What do you mean by that. If you think being put into sponsored means they may potentially become DLC, it doesn't work that way.

1 hour ago, Hashbat said:

You can bring every extinction Dino to ab except snow owl, despite being foreign to the map. I don't understand why you think wyverns, reapers, and Drakes won't be allowed on extinction despite them clearly having corrupted counterparts.

It doesn't work that way. Its wildcard's decision which dino will eventually be allowed, not us. Also, need I remind you that Aberration launched earlier than Extinction?

4 hours ago, Vaculity said:

What do you mean by that. If you think being put into sponsored means they may potentially become DLC, it doesn't work that way.

It is actually how it worked for the other 2 and other types as Primitive plus and now S+ integration. It can be nothing but it is the first step. From the sponsored mod announcment :
"(...)with a possibility of completed mods being integrated into the Official Release of ARK: Survival Evolved on PC and Console."

Also thats not the only sponsored map mod , which means that wildcards keep its eyes on other possibilities. Another official mod map is not that remote. 

it would be really nice if they would allow transfers soon I know not everyone agrees but its kind of a must for solo players we don't wana start over each time to get few new released

dinos for big tribes I get that it can be fun and more challenging but for solo players like me don't wana spend hundred of hours retaming all the kibble dinos and such I know they made superior kibble and such so less dinos to tame but still

2 hours ago, deadghost said:

it would be really nice if they would allow transfers soon I know not everyone agrees but its kind of a must for solo players we don't wana start over each time to get few new released

dinos for big tribes I get that it can be fun and more challenging but for solo players like me don't wana spend hundred of hours retaming all the kibble dinos and such I know they made superior kibble and such so less dinos to tame but still

I won't say "its a must for solo player". I have seen solo players surviving through hell without the need of transfers.

Archived