dodogal

suggestion for new kibble system : option to revert to legacy kibble system

I'm really mixed about the incoming kibble system update.

From what I understand there will be no more kibble tree (specific kibble for each species) but instead a ranked eggs system, where higher rank kibble will be preferred by all species.

My problem is I feel like it kinds of break the progression system. You start with low tier dinos, their eggs allow you to get dinos from the tier immediately above, and so on till the highest tier.

I feel like this new system will make it harder to tame low tier dino, and more importantly, it will make many dinos completely useless. There are many dinos that I have tamed only for their eggs and now they may as well not exist in the game at all, I won't even notice it.

While this could be better for PVP, as it allows to go straight to the point, I feel like this is going to be extremely disruptive in solo mode where tier progression is a huge part of the fun.

So please give us an option to keep/revert to the legacy (current) kibble tree system.

Thank you.

• Facepalm 1

The way I understand it, is that the higher tier the creature the high the teir it asks for kibble rather than the higher teir kibble being prefered by all creatures, there will probably be still some form of progressuon. Take the model on Extinction for example. Managarmr is a higher teir creature and it asks for extraordinary and exceptional kibble accorsing to dododex, the highest of the kibble. However if you look at the velonasaur, it is a lower teir creature and it prefers the regular kibble, the higher teir kibble such as the exceptional isnt even listed. At least thats how I view it so correct me if I am wrong.

In my opinion it will be similiar when the rework is rolled out. For argument lets say if you down a carno itll prefer the regular kibble just like the velonasaur, probably wont touch the higher teir stuff. Knock out a dilo and itll ask fot the basic kibble. Knock out a giga or quetz and itll prefer the exceptional or extraordinary kibble.

Personally the current kibble system is, for lack of a better phrase, completely and utterly broken. While it started out as a tree based system at the beginning of early access and made sense at the time, it quickly turned into the stupidity of what was the last dino released, no longer forming a tree. I cant wait to see the current system reworked. I mean troodon kibble for equus.... and dont get me started on kentro kibble.....

Edited by AngrySaltire

1 hour ago, soepie7 said:

The new kibble system is also very flawed, as shown by the usage of extinction resources in some of the recipes.

I am hoping that this is changed when the rework comes around. They cant be using the same recipes or kibble from Extinction for the base game or the other DLCs. If they dont change the receipes there isnt much point in the kibble rework IMO

The best thing about the kibble system on EX for me is that you can choose to from several regular or augmented ones.

We tamed the first velos with a mix of carno and stego kibble. That's awesome! I could have used other kibble too. We didn't have mats for the augmented kibble, but thanks to the variety of possibilities we still got a perfect tame. If it stays that way I'm happy. 

On 12/7/2018 at 2:02 AM, soepie7 said:

The new kibble system is also very flawed, as shown by the usage of extinction resources in some of the recipes.

Thing is that the ones on extinction is just the testing phase of it.  I suspect it will be changed once it actually happens. 

On 12/6/2018 at 11:21 PM, MayonnaisePlease said:

New system is better by far.. i'm tired of every tribe hoarding 100s of dinos just for  kibble that puts immense stress on the servers. 

This is why the new system is coming out. The more players come on the more Dino’s they hoard to make kibble, hence more lag. I’m all for less lag if it’s at the cost of a system we all grew in the game with since release. 

On 12/6/2018 at 3:33 AM, dodogal said:

My problem is I feel like it kinds of break the progression system. You start with low tier dinos, their eggs allow you to get dinos from the tier immediately above, and so on till the highest tier.

Quite the opposite, this system will speed up progression. Now you don't need to waste time taming Dinos you don't want. If I get a Rex, it automatically opens the Giga, Bronto, and Quetzal( and Tek), more Rexes(and Tek), Therizino, and Yuty to me(In theory, based off the Exceptional Kibble Egg recipe), as opposed to just the Plesi and Quetz.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:43 PM, Qwertymine said:

Quite the opposite, this system will speed up progression. Now you don't need to waste time taming Dinos you don't want. If I get a Rex, it automatically opens the Giga, Bronto, and Quetzal( and Tek), more Rexes(and Tek), Therizino, and Yuty to me(In theory, based off the Exceptional Kibble Egg recipe), as opposed to just the Plesi and Quetz.

if it speeds up the progression then it does break the progression system, reading comprehension?

I'm not saying the new kibble system should be discarded, the new system is probably better for PVP.

All I'm saying is old kibble system is better for solo players so it should be available as a server option.

6 hours ago, dodogal said:

if it speeds up the progression then it does break the progression system, reading comprehension?

No, it means it fixes the choppy and annoying progression we have right now. Why do you need Carno eggs for Trike Kibble? Or Quetzal for Dimetrodon? Terror Birds for a Woolly Rhino? Oviraptor for Megalosaurus? Or probably the worst, Troodon for Equus? Does any of that sound like it is a part of a good and well thought progression system. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dodogal said:

I'm not saying the new kibble system should be discarded, the new system is probably better for PVP.

All I'm saying is old kibble system is better for solo players so it should be available as a server option.

People have been requesting a more streamlined kibble system since kibble was introduced...and Wildcard has expressed intent to streamline the kibble system since people started requesting it. 

Unless a mod-maker is somehow inspired enough to make a mod to do this, I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up...in fact, I'd highly recommend you don't get your hopes up. I can say with full confidence that - when the new system is fully implemented - there isn't going to be a switch to flip to change it back. If it's something you require to enjoy the game, I'd suggest practicing with the dev kit now so you can build a mod that does this.

• Facepalm 2

On 12/6/2018 at 11:21 PM, MayonnaisePlease said:

New system is better by far.. i'm tired of every tribe hoarding 100s of dinos just for  kibble that puts immense stress on the servers. 

Lolz instead of 100s of kibble Dinos, it'll just be 100s of gigas.... You underestimate the average ark tribe... 

49 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Lolz instead of 100s of kibble Dinos, it'll just be 100s of gigas.... You underestimate the average ark tribe... 

Yup. Something I've been saying since people started begging for the new kibble system. I've been wanting the new system too...but the argument many were making was that it would reduce dino count. It won't. If tribes free up 50 egg-laying dinos, they'll just keep 50 other dinos instead. 

I feel like the biggest thing to have a positive effect on dino hoarding has been the Pokeballs...but even with that mechanic people still hoard non-podded dinos at their bases.

That's why I feel that rather than a kibble rework, more importantly we need a taming overhaul in general.  I think the best taming method to come out has been the Equus.  It's engaging and unique.  It's also founded in realism.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:22 PM, LouSpowells said:

People have been requesting a more streamlined kibble system since kibble was introduced...and Wildcard has expressed intent to streamline the kibble system since people started requesting it. 

Unless a mod-maker is somehow inspired enough to make a mod to do this, I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes up...in fact, I'd highly recommend you don't get your hopes up. I can say with full confidence that - when the new system is fully implemented - there isn't going to be a switch to flip to change it back. If it's something you require to enjoy the game, I'd suggest practicing with the dev kit now so you can build a mod that does this.

this is cold, old man

5 hours ago, girlygirlgamer322 said:

Please give an option to keep the old kibble system. The new kibble system is going to kill off more than half of PvE content.

There is no way that the current kibble system is more than half the current content of PvE.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why did anyone think the kibble system needed a rework?  Was there many complaints about how the kibble system was originally?   Did the devs themselves say anywhere why they felt it needed reworked?

Why are the devs wasting time with something that isn't important?  Can't devs just search the "we need this fixed" and "suggestions" threads instead of coming up with crazy reworks of the entire system?  Reworking is more likely to break stuff.  How many mmorpg's have been broken this way?  Is this an inside job by competing companies with intent to ruin the game?  Or a dev that worships satan and loves to cause frustration in anyone s/he can?  Can't we learn from past mistakes like the SWTOR rework that destroyed that game?  We aren't looking for reworks. 

We are looking for fixes and small helpful additions.  And the tek trike that we never got that they gave up on cause released DLC before it could be fit in so dumped it like a day old carton of eggs.

Does this kibble rework include a fix for otter breeding?  As in a not insanely long gestation period???  Or the glitch where otter gets to full gest and doesn't deliver the baby?

Edited by Jemcrystal
MISSPELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Why did anyone think the kibble system needed a rework?  Was there many complaints about how the kibble system was originally?   Did the devs themselves say anywhere why they felt it needed reworked?

Why are the devs wasting time with something that isn't important?  Can't devs just search the "we need this fixed" and "suggestions" threads instead of coming up with crazy reworks of the entire system?  Reworking is more likely to break stuff.  How many mmorpg's have been broken this way?  Is this an inside job by competing companies with intent to ruin the game?  Or a dev that worships satan and loves to cause frustration in anyone s/he can?  Can't we learn from past mistakes like the SWTOR rework that destroyed that game?  We aren't looking for reworks. 

We are looking for fixes and small helpful additions.  And the tek trike that we never got that they gave up on cause released DLC before it could be fit in so dumped it like a day old carton of eggs.

Does this kibble rework include a fix for otter breeding?  As in a not insanely long gestation period???  Or the glitch where otter gets to full gest and doesn't deliver the baby?

So I take it you missed all the kibble rework threads ? Kibble rework was up there as one of the biggest requested changes, up there with S+ integration. The current kibble progression is broken IMO, it hasnt made any logical sense since the early days of early access.Take my favourite example: I mean troodon kibble for equus ? People sometimes say itll also help alleviate the tame cap problem, which is debatable. 

The only thing I'll say is they could maybe have gotten away with restructuring the current 'kibble tree' to make it make more sense or join it up a bit rather than do a conplete rework, but am happy with a complete rework.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Why did anyone think the kibble system needed a rework?  Was there many complaints about how the kibble system was originally?

Yes. Many people wanted the system changed because it clogged entire servers with Egg Dinos and a lot of the tree didn't make sense(Carno eggs for a Trike?)

2 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Why are the devs wasting time with something that isn't important?  Can't devs just search the "we need this fixed" and "suggestions" threads instead of coming up with crazy reworks of the entire system?

The kibble rework ties into a lot of the games problems. It makes kibble more accessible(Slightly helping with how long some tames take to tame based on the fact that their kibble used to be annoying to get), lowers the amount of egg dinos, and it helps the PvPers who can't afford large bases with ten of each dino in the game for kibble. 

4 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

And the tek trike that we never got

Are the Tek Mosa and Giga not a thing? How is this an issue? 

4 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

Does this kibble rework include a fix for otter breeding?

Does an egg based kibble rework fix non-egg breeding for the otter? What do you think the answer to that is? Does it fix meshing? Of course not, but no one complains about that because they know it's completely unrelated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

The only thing I'll say is they could maybe have gotten away with restructuring the current 'kibble tree' to make it make more sense or join it up a bit rather than do a conplete rework, but am happy with a complete rework.

A restructure of the tree and an increase to the amount of eggs laid by dinos would have probably fixed it, but whatever.

• Like 2