dodogal

suggestion for new kibble system : option to revert to legacy kibble system

4 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Yes. Many people wanted the system changed because it clogged entire servers with Egg Dinos and a lot of the tree didn't make sense(Carno eggs for a Trike?)

This isn't going to change a single thing. If people can save space on 50 kibble farming dinos they're just going to replace it with 50 gigas. Guaranteed.

4 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

A restructure of the tree and an increase to the amount of eggs laid by dinos would have probably fixed it, but whatever.

A restructuring of the kibble tree would have been much, much better for the game.

12 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

There is no way that the current kibble system is more than half the current content of PvE.

It is though. It's the only reason you explore half the map and interact with more than half the species in the game. I mean after you set up a base what else is there to do in PVE? Just resource gathering, breeding and bossing. The old kibble system-as poorly designed as the kibble tree is-gives a good sense of progression and a lot to do in PvE.

• Like 1

I think they should focus on making all the dinosaurs have a use as opposed to the kibble trees being the forced reason to tame them.  If the kibble tree actually worked like the OP imagines originally it might be fun but you often have dinosaurs asking for retarded crap like deep sea predators prefering the eggs of a creature that never lands

10 hours ago, girlygirlgamer322 said:

It is though. It's the only reason you explore half the map and interact with more than half the species in the game. I mean after you set up a base what else is there to do in PVE? Just resource gathering, breeding and bossing. The old kibble system-as poorly designed as the kibble tree is-gives a good sense of progression and a lot to do in PvE.

This is what I've been saying. This new kibble system will make a lot of dinos less useful that trees and stone in the background.

All we've been asking is an option to keep old system or run both systems concurrently so everyone does whatever they want and everyone is happy. There shouldn't even be a debate. You can't force people to prefer your way rather than their way.

This is especially crucial for solo players and PVE, as this new change will deeply disrupt their progression system which is a huge part of the fun you can have in PVE. For such a major gameplay change there should be an option to keep the legacy system.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Yes. Many people wanted the system changed because it clogged entire servers with Egg Dinos and a lot of the tree didn't make sense(Carno eggs for a Trike?)

The kibble rework ties into a lot of the games problems. It makes kibble more accessible(Slightly helping with how long some tames take to tame based on the fact that their kibble used to be annoying to get), lowers the amount of egg dinos, and it helps the PvPers who can't afford large bases with ten of each dino in the game for kibble. 

But being more accessible isn't necessarily a positive thing for this game Qwerty.  Rag, Center, and Island servers are bouncing off of cap already, and as said by me, and countless other forum-goers.  Question:  Are enough people going to kill off unneeded kibble dinos?  Answer:  A resounding no.  Say someone currently has a total of 12 egg-layers for the "Superior" Kibble tier, and the changes roll out.  Are most people going to kill 5 or 6 of their Superior egg-layers?  No.

Now let's go out on a limb and assume the most likely scenario is that (not a problem on PvP) PvE ARK players grew up overnight and now somehow give a hoot about other people on the server's experience.  Let's say that on a capped (or nearly capped) Rag server, 10 tribes decide to do this and trim 8 dinos apiece.  That's 80 slots, which is what, ~2 days?  Maybe 4?  Oh hello Mr Square One...  It's nice to see you again.

Yes, the tired-old-solution of playing on unofficial exists.  Everybody knows it, and yet the masses are not flocking to unofficial.

22 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

So I take it you missed all the kibble rework threads ? Kibble rework was up there as one of the biggest requested changes, up there with S+ integration. The current kibble progression is broken IMO, it hasnt made any logical sense since the early days of early access.Take my favourite example: I mean troodon kibble for equus ? People sometimes say itll also help alleviate the tame cap problem, which is debatable. 

More immersive taming?  Good suggestion.  But just because a change is a popular request does not mean the change is good for the game.  I'm gonna start a request to halve the required amount to build all structure parts, but include random materials in addition to what they take now, to make them cheaper but nonsensically complicated (for metal walls, metal+CP at half their current value but also sap and fiber).  If we can get people talking loudly enough about it, maybe they will implement it.

People don't like to do work.  I am not saying I am against the S+ integration, I love building and this is gonna make official blow up, but it is not as if you can't do ANYTHING with the current building system.  It just takes work, and people just want it to be easier.  Same with the kibble rework, which I am somewhat against.  Enough voices have said, "Make it easier" and so they are.  But I will say for the umpteen-millionth time, yeah you are right that the cap-problem will be unaffected in the long term, no debating needed.

On 12/6/2018 at 4:33 AM, dodogal said:

My problem is I feel like it kinds of break the progression system.

Going to disagree with that, it's going to fix the kibble system which has basically been broken from the beginning.

You start with low tier dinos, their eggs allow you to get dinos from the tier immediately above, and so on till the highest tier.

You still do that, you just aren't obligated to tame garbage dinos any more. The net result will that you can tame fewer dinos and still work your way up through the tiers. Instead of needing to tame 3-5 dinos of 12 different species, you can now tame 4-6 dino's of whatever species you want at that tier, and then use them to tame your choice of dinos at the higher tier.

I feel like this new system will make it harder to tame low tier dino

Based on what? What is there about this system that gives you the idea that low tier dino's will be harder to tame?

and more importantly, it will make many dinos completely useless. There are many dinos that I have tamed only for their eggs and now they may as well not exist in the game at all, I won't even notice it.

Which is exactly what players have been requesting for years. People are tired of being forced to tame dinos only for their eggs, instead they want to be able to choose the dinos they tame based on how useful they are. There are tens of thousands of dino's accross this game that have been tamed only for their eggs, which is a waste of everyone's time, forces people to build bigger bases to contain all of the extra dinos, and contributes massively to the tame cap problem on every Official PvE server around the world.

While this could be better for PVP, as it allows to go straight to the point, I feel like this is going to be extremely disruptive in solo mode where tier progression is a huge part of the fun.

Nothing is preventing you from taming as many dinos as you want. Tame everything, that's your choice, this change to the kibble tree isn't stopping you from taming whatever you want.

13 hours ago, dodogal said:

This is especially crucial for solo players and PVE

It's not "crucual" for anyone, you still have the option to tame everything you want to in solo mode, you shouldn't need WildCard to force you to tame things.

And for PvE, this is one of the biggest improvements they've made to the game. Kibble farms and the tame cap are a major problem on every PvE server, and this change will improve PvE significantly.

If they actually raptoring change the kibble tree I'm legit stoping playing this game after over 10k hours. Stop breaking the game further, people have worked there Arses off for tames to progress through kibble trees just for u to raptor it over? Well I guess NO ONE, will be taming any Kairuku,Dilophosaurs,Carboneyms,Archaeoptrix,Microraptor,Compy etc... The list goes on of tames that are now or will soon be irrelevant and totally pointless.

7 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Going to disagree with that, it's going to fix the kibble system which has basically been broken from the beginning.

False.

Which is exactly what players have been requesting for years. People are tired of being forced to tame dinos only for their eggs, instead they want to be able to choose the dinos they tame based on how useful they are. There are tens of thousands of dino's accross this game that have been tamed only for their eggs, which is a waste of everyone's time, forces people to build bigger bases to contain all of the extra dinos, and contributes massively to the tame cap problem on every Official PvE server around the world.

It's really only a vocal minority. Thousands of people play the game and enjoy/utilize the current kibble system. The kibble tree just needs some restructuring. It's definitely not a "waste of everyone's time", lots of people enjoy the kibble progression. As I mentioned in the main kibble feedback thread, the new kibble system will cut out about half of PvE content. As for the tame cap, this has been addressed numerous times in this thread. If people can free up 50 dinosaur slots by needing less for kibble, they're just going to replace it with 50 other dinosaurs. 

Nothing is preventing you from taming as many dinos as you want. Tame everything, that's your choice, this change to the kibble tree isn't stopping you from taming whatever you want.

This again has been discussed. Nobody is going to tame a bunch of useless dinosaurs "for the heck of it", that's not how video games, or people work. There has to be some sort o incentive even in open world games. Kibble gives otherwise useless dinosaurs a purpose, at least as a stepping stone for kibble progression. I mean  who tames female megaloceros or diplodocus right now? Nobody. And that's what half the dinosaur species will be relegated to if Wildcard goes through with this kibble rehaul.

Regardless we've strayed too far from the OP; who simply wants an option to keep the old kibble system. That way everyone can enjoy the game however they want. Please consider this WC.

Edited by girlygirlgamer322
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 10:09 PM, Pipinghot said:

It's not "crucual" for anyone, you still have the option to tame everything you want to in solo mode, you shouldn't need WildCard to force you to tame things.

And for PvE, this is one of the biggest improvements they've made to the game. Kibble farms and the tame cap are a major problem on every PvE server, and this change will improve PvE significantly.

Again why are you even arguing?

We are not asking the removal of the new kibble system which has its usefulness.

We are just requesting to keep the legacy system as an option for those who like it and there is a significant number of us.

There should be no debate, period.

@girlygirlgamer322 @Arkscapelife and everyone who cares about the future-ex-kibble system, I recommend to make a post in the kibble rework feedback thread. Don't start a debate though, just politely ask devs to give us the option to keep the legacy kibble system. The more people ask for this option, the more likely they will include it.

Edited by dodogal
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2018 at 1:50 AM, dodogal said:

if it speeds up the progression then it does break the progression system, reading comprehension?

For many people, excessively slow progression is the root problem and therefore the kibble change fixes the progression system. Concept comprehension?

On 2/6/2019 at 12:03 AM, girlygirlgamer322 said:

It's really only a vocal minority. Thousands of people play the game and enjoy/utilize the current kibble system.

We're going to strongly disagree on that. I have lots of experience with tribes both large and small, PvE and PvP, Official and Unofficial, and the significant majority of all the people I've every been in a tribe with has always disliked the traditional kibble tree, with the chief complaint having always been that it forces people to tame garbage dino's that they have no interest in.

I will dispute anyone who says it's a "vocal minority", that doesn't match my experience going back to the early months of the game right up to the present. The kibble tree is a complete waste of time - beyond which it actually subverts progress in many cases, requiring eggs from species that people have not yet tamed.

As I mentioned in the main kibble feedback thread, the new kibble system will cut out about half of PvE content.

It will cut our exactly none of the PvE content. People still have the freedom to tame whatever they want for their own personal reasons. If you need WildCard to force you to tame things then you have a strange idea of how to play ARK. If you enjoy the content (which includes taming some of every species) then by all means you can still do that, no content has been taken away from you or anyone else.

You have the freedom to tame more, others have the freedom to tame less, that's more freedom of choice and that's good for everyone.

As for the tame cap, this has been addressed numerous times in this thread. If people can free up 50 dinosaur slots by needing less for kibble, they're just going to replace it with 50 other dinosaurs.

And if it happens that way that's fine, having dinos for any other reason than kibble is good, having extra dinos that server no purpose other than to be in the kibble tree is bad.

If people want to tame 50 compy's and breed them for colors that's fine, that's still having the freedom to enjoying the game content on their own terms rather than being forced to tame dino's they don't want.

If people want to tame 50 rex's to have a better gene pool for boss fights that's fine, that's still having the freedom to enjoying the game content on their own terms rather than being forced to tame dino's they don't want.

If people want to tame 50 gallimimus so they can go running around the map as fast as they can that's fine, that's still having the freedom to enjoying the game content on their own terms rather than being forced to tame dino's they don't want.

Freedom of choice is better than not having freedom of choice, that's true even if the server tame limits are still being hit.

This again has been discussed. Nobody is going to tame a bunch of useless dinosaurs "for the heck of it", that's not how video games, or people work. There has to be some sort o incentive even in open world games. Kibble gives otherwise useless dinosaurs a purpose, at least as a stepping stone for kibble progression. I mean  who tames female megaloceros or diplodocus right now? Nobody. And that's what half the dinosaur species will be relegated to if Wildcard goes through with this kibble rehaul.

Everything about this paragraph is a bad argument. If the dino's are useless except for kibble, then really they're useless and should only be something to look at as part of the scenery. Forcing people to tame "useless" dino's is a disrespectful waste of player time, giving people the freedom to tame what they want to tame is a superior system.

Regardless we've strayed too far from the OP; who simply wants an option to keep the old kibble system. That way everyone can enjoy the game however they want. Please consider this WC.

That's actually the whole point of the kibble tree rework, to allow people to "enjoy the game however they want". Nothing is being taken away from solo players, they still have the freedom to tame anything they want to tame.

7 hours ago, dodogal said:

Again why are you even arguing?

Umm... obviously because I disagree with this suggestion, which is why anyone ever argues on the forums. In case you haven't noticed this is a public forum and everyone else has just as much right to post here as you do.

We are just requesting to keep the legacy system as an option for those who like it and there is a significant number of us.

Honestly, no insult intended, I seriously doubt that. Based on my experience in this game the vast majority of people are happy to see this change coming with just a tiny number of people who are resistant to it. At most I'd expect that less than one-hundredth-of-one-percent of all the players in the game would agree with you.

There should be no debate, period.

Then don't post on a public forum. Submit your suggestion privately and be done with it. If you're going to post on a public forum then you have to accept that debate is always a possibility. Period.

On 2/5/2019 at 2:09 PM, Pipinghot said:

That you think, for a second, at all, for any reason, in any way/shape/form, that this will have any kind of positive impact on the PvE tame-cap situation (outside of approximately 2 weeks after the kibble rework's release) is far beyond the realm of any logically conclusive reasoning in the history of human insanity.

Think, @Pipinghot.  I am really sorry for saying it in such a crude way.  But holy poop in a raptoring bucket man.

----

this

change

will

not

solve

the

tamecap

----

People will not have less dinosaurs.  They will, maybe for a very short amount of time, shrink their tribe with unnecessary egg-layers by cryopodding them.  But what then?  Unless the people in question (AKA the entire ARK playerbase that has kibble dinosaurs) STOP TAMING DINOSAURS FOREVER, those slots will quickly disappear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

I'm a pure PvE player. I personally look forward to the upcoming kibble changes to limit the kibble to four (five? I am not sure) different types.

I have 12,000 hours in Ark, and there is so much to do in PvE Ark, it has been keeping me busy for years now. For me, and for my tribemate, there is enough to do in Ark to keep us busy from when we wake up to when we go to bed. A lot of that time is spent keeping eggers alive, instead of enjoying PVE Official Ark. The upcoming kibble system will free up more time for other things we actually enjoy. I gladly welcome it to the game!

My tribe is two active people. me and my tribemate. I have no school and no job so I have all day to sit and play Ark.  We need our eggers out of the cryopods and in our bases so we can gather eggs for making kibbles for imprinting our babies and taming pretty dinos.

Due to our dependency on needing supplies from different servers, I am spread across three servers (Center, Aberration, Extinction), while my tribemate is spread across two (Center and Ragnarok), for a total of four maps between us with Center as our primary. This is a lot of time spent feeding all the tames so we can get all the supplies for all of our building and breeding projects.

Not needing eggers will give us more room for more useful dinos, and the option to not have so many if we dont want to feed more.

Our tribe right now, we dont have all the eggers we need for all the kibble we want. Our tame count (for a two-player tribe) is sitting around 400, give or take a dozen. This 400 doesnt count the 200+ on Ragnarok or the 100+ on Extinction. I guesstimate that 1/3 of these are eggers, not being used for anything other than making eggs.

TL;DR:  I want this new kibble system, to save on time that is spent on monotonous upkeep.

My favorite part of this kibble rework, is the time it saves taming wild theirzinos.

I love therizinos. I want to breed a lot of therizinos. I dont like letting any of my tames die.

But I have, on multiple occasions, sat 7+ hours to tame a Therizino with crops, and a raptiring ton of narcotics.... Edit: oops it was a different creature for the Kibble... I lost some wonderful tames trying to tame some of those nasty things for the eggs to tame theriz. I broke into tears when my beloved Natasha died, because the Mega jerk would not let her go.

New Kibble system will be a time saver and relief! Thank you Wildcard for these quality of life stuff. My candle of hope for a better Ark has been re-ignited.

Edited by GreenRoc

1 hour ago, GreenRoc said:

TL;DR:  I want this new kibble system, to save on time that is spent on monotonous upkeep.

Good to hear but this thread isn't about wanting or not wanting the new kibble system, it's about having the OPTION to use the legacy kibble system for those who like it and/or consider it essential for reasons that we have detailed.

Edited by dodogal

5 hours ago, TheDonn said:

this

change

will

not

solve

the

tamecap

----

People will not have less dinosaurs.  They will, maybe for a very short amount of time, shrink their tribe with unnecessary egg-layers by cryopodding them.  But what then?  Unless the people in question (AKA the entire ARK playerbase that has kibble dinosaurs) STOP TAMING DINOSAURS FOREVER, those slots will quickly disappear. 

At this point I think they're trolling because  no honest people with their mental sanity can think the kibble rework will magically remove the tame cap.

Edited by dodogal

11 hours ago, dodogal said:

At this point I think they're trolling because  no honest people with their mental sanity can think the kibble rework will magically remove the tame cap.

You're clearly confused about the difference between "trolling' and "disagreeing".

I believe you when you say that you don't think the kibble rework will do anything to improve the tame cap problem, but you accuse people who disagree with you of trolling which betrays your inability to understand that other people have differing viewpoints. Disagreeing is not the same as trolling, you need to learn the difference.

Then there is still the valid point that even if you're right, even if tame caps are not improved by this change, it will still improve how people get to play the game because they will tame dino's they actually care about rather than dino's they would never bother to tame if it wasn't for the kibble tree. The kibble tree rework gives everyone more freedom of choice, including you. People will have the freedom to choose which species they tame, and even if the servers still hit the tame cap that freedom of choice is an improvement over the existing game.

On 2/7/2019 at 5:14 PM, Pipinghot said:

Everything about this paragraph is a bad argument. If the dino's are useless except for kibble, then really they're useless and should only be something to look at as part of the scenery. Forcing people to tame "useless" dino's is a disrespectful waste of player time, giving people the freedom to tame what they want to tame is a superior system.

That's actually the whole point of the kibble tree rework, to allow people to "enjoy the game however they want". Nothing is being taken away from solo players, they still have the freedom to tame anything they want to tame.

No, they are not  useless by definition because they provide kibble. If you implement the new kibble system, then they will become useless, by definition

People have discussed numerous times in this thread how terrible the "freedom to tame anything they want" argument is. Go back and do some reading. Yes, a HUGE part of gameplay is  being taken away from PvE players. If you actually cared about letting people enjoy the game they want, you'd support the option to keep the old kibble system because it caters to both sides of this argument and literally takes away nothing from people who want a kibble rework.

The fact that you're arguing against an option to keep the old kibble system tells me you are either insane or trolling. Everything you have discussed has been beaten to death on the forum. No point arguing with you.

Edited by girlygirlgamer322

I've read a bunch of this. As far as i can tell, it will be like extinction's kibbles. Creatures will prefer the kibble that their egg makes (i.e rex prefers simple as scorpions make simple kibble). They would change the resources to be non-extinction, perhaps 1 veggie per type of kibble, and maybe a more valuable resource for exotic kibble (snake/golden eggs). This won't change much, and the types of kibble people have in their fridges right now would be turned into the proper kibble type. This means that having 500 dodos no longer makes sense regardless of how much of the basic kibble you need, as other species also make the same kibble and you could probably get away with grabbing a few wild eggs along with your *maybe* 3 female dodos, saving server and tame room for the important stuff. I also read "100 gigas" somewhere, but if a tribe has 100 gigas, chances are they'll be hunting down wild gigas for the hearts. Wild gigas, even with good saddles and imprint on tamed ones, screw over tamed ones in most cases. You'd need a 10-1 fight to try and take on a 150 wild giga to kill it, unless you have such an insane amount of mutations that it no longer makes sense to even be playing the game, because chances are you have beaten every boss on alpha multiple times over and have built such grandiose structures (hopefully) that the only thing you can do is breed for super cool mutations. The kibble rework can solve a lot of problems. The old tree is a bit annoying. The new kibbles are much more simple, and it means you can focus on the creatures that actually matter. 

On 2/9/2019 at 1:14 AM, girlygirlgamer322 said:

No, they are not  useless by definition because they provide kibble. If you implement the new kibble system, then they will become useless, by definition.

If the only reason a dino is useful is for kibble, then 99.9% of the player population already thinks they are "by definition" useless. The vast majority of players do not like taming dinos when kibble is the only reason for taming them. That is not "adding content" to the game, that is creating busy work that adds no game play value, which is exactly why people have been complaining about the kibble tree since the very beginning of the game.

People have discussed numerous times in this thread how terrible the "freedom to tame anything they want" argument is.

And other people have discussed numerous times how completely amazing that argument is. What a surprise! In a thread involving different points of view there are multiple posts with differing points of view, what a shock. Welcome to the wonderful world of forums.

Go back and do some reading.

Take your own advice.

Yes, a HUGE part of gameplay is  being taken away from PvE players.

I've played a lot of PvE (including Official, Unofficial and Solo) and that's false. All of that "game play" is still available, if you don't tame those dino's that your choice.

If you actually cared about letting people enjoy the game they want, you'd support the option to keep the old kibble system because it caters to both sides of this argument and literally takes away nothing from people who want a kibble rework.

The kibble tree rework already caters to both sides of this argument, you still have the freedom to tame whatever you want for whatever reasons you want, nothing is being taken away from you. If you want to do something in a game, you will, regardless of whether the game requires it. The kibble rework allows you to keep your freedom to tame, while allowing other people to not tame, you should not need a game option that forces you to tame things, if you enjoy doing it then you can still do it.

The fact that you're arguing against an option to keep the old kibble system tells me you are either insane or trolling.

Personal attacks, classy move.

Everything you have discussed has been beaten to death on the forum.

Right back at ya', everything you have discussed has also been beaten to death on the forum. Circular argument much?

No point arguing with you.

That's obviously not true, because that's exactly what you just did. Your own post debunks your claim.

Edited by Pipinghot
  • Like 1