nintendo switch Ark: Survival Evolved for Nintendo Switch

xSOTKx

Anyone know why ark keeps ending my game? The screen will say system shut down due to error or something like that and no matter how many times I save, when I restart the game I’m back where I was when I last left the game the day before. So frustrating and I really don’t even want to play anymore since I don’t know if I’ll be able to save anything I’ve done. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2019 at 11:23 AM, Tohru said:

To be honest, I think they do. Obviously they worked to get the game on the Switch in the first place because they wanted to expand their audience, which would then make them more money. That being said, after the release of the game and seeing how much negative feedback they'd been receiving it would only make sense for them to continue working on fixing issues on the Switch version, even though it'll obviously take time due to how much they have to minimalize for the game to even work properly on the Switch.

In the end they want the Switch version to be as successful as they can make it so their efforts won't be in vain. Of course it won't be exceptional at first, but they were able to port a version of the base game over to a console that made the task seem impossible to even think about. So I do think they care about it, it's just people are way too quick to judge, and we need to be patient to see what they have for the future of Ark on the Switch.

Who knows, maybe they aren't even ABLE to fix and update the game due to the lack of support/funds they've been getting for the Switch version. At least not for now. All we can do is at LEAST provide a tiny bit of support for them in hopes that they'll be able to improve what they've been able to achieve so far. I mean I don't see anyone else porting over HUGE, seemingly unrealistic games to the Switch so new players can enjoy it. On the Switch, this is the only game of its kind and some people are enjoying it for what it is.

this post didn't age greatly, cashgrab by wildcard is what the switch version is

• 1 month later...

Simply, the problem isn't solely the game and how it runs on switch, it's the lack of care in communication from wildcard about what they are doing about the problems, even if they aren't going to do anything. They don't even update switch players on events like 2x or 3x on time, so we are constantly unaware on whats happening. The fact that us switch players paid over $50 for this game, with not even 1/8 of the content available to us that are on other platforms, is purely disgusting, at least have the decency to keep your community informed. The constant glitches and disconnections have been accepted as a part of the game by most of he switch community, but , however, the Ark on Switch community is not happy, and Wildcard has strongly damaged their reputation. It is simply, just sad. Hope we get more updates on what they are going to do, but to simply not reply to the cries of help from the people that pay their salary is what many would call "bottom of the barrel". The last and only update was two years ago, not even a maintenance update since then.

We Deserve More Than What Has Been Given

The Ark On Switch Community

On 3/9/2020 at 2:00 PM, Scuffle said:

Simply, the problem isn't solely the game and how it runs on switch, it's the lack of care in communication from wildcard about what they are doing about the problems, even if they aren't going to do anything. They don't even update switch players on events like 2x or 3x on time, so we are constantly unaware on whats happening. The fact that us switch players paid over $50 for this game, with not even 1/8 of the content available to us that are on other platforms, is purely disgusting, at least have the decency to keep your community informed. The constant glitches and disconnections have been accepted as a part of the game by most of he switch community, but , however, the Ark on Switch community is not happy, and Wildcard has strongly damaged their reputation. It is simply, just sad. Hope we get more updates on what they are going to do, but to simply not reply to the cries of help from the people that pay their salary is what many would call "bottom of the barrel". The last and only update was two years ago, not even a maintenance update since then.

We Deserve More Than What Has Been Given

The Ark On Switch Community

I’ll toast to that, friend. Their treatment of the game and the community is nothing more than a display of senseless corporate greed. It’s disappointing and disrespectful. I want to enjoy the game but seeing the difference of how they treat us versus the PC, XBox, and PlayStation players is very disheartening. They’ve really damaged their own reputation.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:48 PM, Spinosaur said:

I’ll toast to that, friend. Their treatment of the game and the community is nothing more than a display of senseless corporate greed. It’s disappointing and disrespectful. I want to enjoy the game but seeing the difference of how they treat us versus the PC, XBox, and PlayStation players is very disheartening. They’ve really damaged their own reputation.

Now we are having unruly players join our server that are sabotaging other people, using profanity, breaking trade deals and kiting dinos, and what the point in reporting? There is none... The game is no longer enjoyable for me. Thank you for your feedback, hope your experiences are better than mine.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:47 AM, Scuffle said:

Now we are having unruly players join our server that are sabotaging other people, using profanity, breaking trade deals and kiting dinos, and what the point in reporting? There is none... The game is no longer enjoyable for me. Thank you for your feedback, hope your experiences are better than mine.

You just wait and those people leave.  Had some on the server I played on for a while, and they went away.  Just have to say nothing, keep chat off, do your thing.

Oh and also, standard ARK rules still apply to Switch: don't ever join a PvP server, and don't ever invite a rando to tribe or alliance.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived