nintendo switch Ark: Survival Evolved for Nintendo Switch

xSOTKx

On 1/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, SonBanana said:

I think the problem comes with the studio that ported ark to the switch. It's not wildcard working on the port but the other studio.

At least that's my guess why wildcard is not as responsive as we are used by them. 

However I've read online that the other studio is working on porting the patches and implementing the Dlcs. But sadly they are not responsive at all as it seems. 

This post is highly ill informed.  Abstract, the same company that did the xb1 and ps4 port, is the studio heading the switch port.  Abstract has stated they r waiting for wc to give them the ok to begin bringing patches and dlc to the switch version.  Wc has legal right and control, abstract just extra workers.  Its wc slowing it down and holding abstract back from going all in.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, SonBanana said:

I think the problem comes with the studio that ported ark to the switch. It's not wildcard working on the port but the other studio.

At least that's my guess why wildcard is not as responsive as we are used by them. 

However I've read online that the other studio is working on porting the patches and implementing the Dlcs. But sadly they are not responsive at all as it seems. 

On 2/10/2019 at 6:59 AM, Eviga said:

We have the game out on the Switch for months now and we all know the graphics are not good. But it sucks to hear all the whining over and over again. Deal with it or leave it be. No matter what option you choose: Wildcard does not give a single F about it.

So we should all enjoy the gameplay it offers since THAT is what gaming is about and the Switch Version contains all of it. At least on The Island.

Lets just hope we get the DLCs. There will be no improvements. There is no mentioning of the Switch Version, there is no hope for on the horizon. So we just have to accept the game as it is. Maybe we get the DLC but I hardly think it will happen.

I myself will still have maybe 200 hours more of fun and then thats it. Sad but true.

So for the first quote, no, it's not on the team that ported. It's on WildCard because they voluntarily rushed an unfinished port. The team said "Not ready", WildCard said "Oh well". For the second quote, you honestly think people should just stay silent and accept a half-assed game that's not going to get the DLC that's been released on the other platforms or much needed bug fixes or better/proper servers? You're an idiot. You, lying down and accepting poor products, is why companies like WildCard continue to poop on their customers. Grow a pair and raptoring stand up or shut up and let those of us that have the balls to say what's right do it.

18 hours ago, KennethLM said:

So for the first quote, no, it's not on the team that ported. It's on WildCard because they voluntarily rushed an unfinished port. The team said "Not ready", WildCard said "Oh well". For the second quote, you honestly think people should just stay silent and accept a half-assed game that's not going to get the DLC that's been released on the other platforms or much needed bug fixes or better/proper servers? You're an idiot. You, lying down and accepting poor products, is why companies like WildCard continue to poop on their customers. Grow a pair and raptoring stand up or shut up and let those of us that have the balls to say what's right do it.

Yeah well, whatever you say Boss.

I myself sold the raptoring Nintendo Switch and bought an Xbox One X with Ark.

Now I can play everything and with awesome graphics. I dont care for the Switch anymore :D

On 4/25/2019 at 7:28 AM, Eviga said:

Now I can play everything and with awesome graphics. I dont care for the Switch anymore :D

SHUT UP, you understand that some people ACTUALLY CANNOT DEAL WITH A BLOW LIKE THIS. This is the money we spent like me, who got it right after release, YET the company refuses to do anything about it. This is cheating against its own users. I dont care about your retarded rich self buying 40 ps4's, because its us who are here, us who SPENT THE MONEY, or RECIEVED THIS AS A GIFT, who had no idea we would be cheated, and cannot afford to just back down.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:08 PM, DarkAprentice said:

Guys they did not leave ark Nintendo switch they are working as hard as they can it took a lot to even get it onto the switch I’ve even tried spawning items from other dlcs like climbing pick, oil jar, etc and they are fully functional so tell me how that’s not them working on the game.

The last patch for Switch was last year, December I think. The only recent thing I can remember them doing for the Switch version was REMOVING servers which raptored players on those servers. Lost dinos, bases, etc. All the work they did since release taken because WildCard shut those servers down.  So where's all their "hard work"? They haven't said poop about the Switch version. They won't even reply to people on their social media. I'm not 100% sure, but I think MOST dev companies that are working hard on stuff for their games like to actually let their players in on that work. Not. One. Word. About. Switch.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:28 AM, Eviga said:

Then shut the raptor up and get out of this forum thread. It's for Switch players. 

A friend of mine gave me his Nintendo Switch for a week to see if he could interest me. No offense to him, but he sounded pretty delusional, because he told me ARK on Switch was the greatest thing ever. Let me go in detail and sum up the big three problems with this pathetic version of ARK. (A disgrace to the game and the studio behind it.)
I was already reluctant to try another console version of a already very poorly performing game, even the machine itself felt like it was assembled really cheaply, Oh boy, was I in for a pretty sour treat.
First of all, the graphics and FPS performance were absolutely appalling. I'm an Xbox player that started playing on PC a while back and I thought that the graphics on the Xbox version of ARK were mediocre but it turns out, I hadn't seen anything remotely as bad as the Switch yet. The console versions running 24FPS makes the Switch's 16FPS look good. Wildcard was targeting 60FPS on the Switch version on medium settings, well congratulations! They successfully got 16FPS on LOWER than the LOW preset! (especially with the bait and switch fiasco when we saw the preview at E3 last year!)
Second problem: Why is the game 60 dollars with the amount of problems? Paying more (like even all console players) to get a worse version of the game. Game breaking bugs on a scale I had never seen before are a norm, along with crashes is a pretty normal part of the game, a feature at that point. 
Third problem (and my personal favorite): Only ONE MAP, and that is The Island. The amount of content is severely lacking. At least The Center should be in the Switch port. Ironically enough, while Switch only has The Island, if you put in admin commands to spawn in creatures from Aberration, Scorched Earth, etc they will actually spawn and be fully fuctional.
To note, it's not Abstraction's fault, It's one of the things where you can tell that the game was severely rushed; even Abstraction Games (which is the Studio which helped WC port the game to the Switch) even said themselves that it was a miracle that the game even runs on the Switch in it's current state and that even they agreed that it was nowhere near being ready for release when Wildcard gave the green light. On the topic of that, the game should have never came to the Switch if Wildcard already knows that current generation consoles struggle to run the game; ARK takes an enormous amount of resources to run, and will never perform well (sometimes even on mid-range computers that usually run the game with no struggle) without a ton of work from Wildcard. 
This may be offtopic, but to be completely fair, the Switch itself isn't a bad idea, but the battery is just garbage and there's a lot of games on it that can't run worth anything. Nintendo should have stuck to Mario Kart because that's the only game I've seen that even attains over 20fps on the Switch. Unbelievable that the game is actually more expensive on consoles (especially Switch) yet worse. While I own ARK on two platforms, (Steam and Xbox) I noticed a while ago, the price on the Steam version was dropped to 49.99USD (from 59.99USD, which is how it's priced on Xbox, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10. It's a minor difference, but it's still freaking hilarious how the best version of the game is the cheapest. Sure, ARK on Steam still has it's bugs (as you will see clearly in my review, if you would like to read below) but regardless, is the best version and the only version of the game that doesn't feel like an indie game. Sorry about getting a bit offtopic and for rambling too much as well, XD.
Here's my Steam review for the game: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Yocimir_Plays/recommended/346110

unknown.png

Man, thats some real Switch spite up there, lol...The switch is easy to charge on the go through your car or wall outlet & runs with a 3 hour battery life when full, more if youve picked up the battery pack after market accessory. I think its fine. Also Ive played nearly 600 hours on the Switch version of Ark & have the game on the PS4 as well. It looks much worse than PS4, however its entirely playable & fun.  It will crash though...but then again so does ....well, every version. Even those pricey PC's. At least the crashes I get are often signaled before hand by the ground disappearing. Thats my cue to hunker down & restart. Im happy the game is on the Switch. Portability without a pricey laptop, cheap online, & uncrowded servers. The Switch has a great catalog & will soon outsell Xbox despite its 2 year lead because it is a FUN gaming machine, not a powerhouse but very fun. If you want a beautiful game then Ark on PC is the way to go....but Ark is an old game...its running on phones & tablets now in mobile form. Its not this giant resource eating monster you need a super computer to run. My PS4 runs it fine, so does my Switch. I dont want to mess with optimizing settings on PC, its why I prefer to game on console thats plug & play.

I payed around 40 bucks for my physical copy after buying the bloated digital version for the full 60 (it takes up way to much memory space in full download form, much less space on cartridge) & have saw it as low as 25 dollars physical at my local Mom & Pop gaming store. The support IS terrible from Wildcard & the player base very small (which I kinda like, coming from the PS4 servers) Its also lacking free events (with the exception of double xp/harvest/tame evolution weekends) & the two free maps. The 3 payed for DLC maps are also not available for purchase; I doubt they ever will be.  Mods & updates (& the resulting roll backs that make you lose your character, or make you wait for the next update/patch to finish your build....as they have messed something up & things no longer snap correctly) for better or worse are also not a thing on the switch version. (It still even uses the old kibble chart) at least it hasnt been this past half year Ive played the Switch version.

Overall I just dont agree with you that its a bad game. I cant see me playing a bad game for 600 hours when I have a better looking & supported alternative available....but the Switch games not crowded & Ive fell in with some fine friends on it as well as had an online friend or two clan up w/me who Ive known for years on Nintendo platforms, plus, theres almost a sense of relief when it comes to being ignored when it comes to updates considering how Wildcard often implements them & their sometimes undesired effects....all while being portable

I found this review on youtube sums up Switch Ark well, ugly but fun. You got the Ugly part right, level4gaming....but you missed the fun. Maybe you have been playing PC so long you you cant equate an ugly looking game actually playing in a fun fashion. Perhaps its the legitimate lack of support or how theres no mods. Whatever the reasoning, its sound sense FOR YOU....but judging by your post' you came across as wanting the Switch version not to exist at all. I have a real problem with that. Play what you enjoy but dont lobby for options to deny me the ability to do likewise.

Nothing will be done because us as a community do nothing other then sit here and bitch about it... we need to all either bug the poop out of these people on many different platforms and social media. Start constantly posting stuff about Ark on Switch everywhere the Devs will see it and cant get away from it.... post poop on their social media telling them how pissed we are... dont leave them alone... and if we still get no answers then get rid of the raptorin game and sink this God awful company

• 2 weeks later...

I thanks everyone here is a little bit Angry but I think the switch version is really playable, not beautiful, but playable.

I've been playing ark on switch with a friend for a while now and we've almost got everything we can and killed all the bosses (including Overseer) in Alpha without any major issues, bug or anything else.

Yeah the game is crashing from time to time but what game of this kind has never done it? 

Still, its sure there's place for improvment but we can't do something other than hope they would improve it!

Now I'm doing every command that spawn stuff from DLC and a lot of them are in the game! Unusable, but in the game! The other day, I've spawn a wyvern and it worked! At least half of it worked because the wyvern was really there but was invisible and we go through it, to make sure it was real I've spawn a Rex lvl 100000000 (just to make it quick) and made him attack everything and it was said: You Wyvern lvl.1 (Vitriol) was slain by: Rex lvl 150000000.

So I guess they've planned to do it one day or another.

Of course, it is playable. If it were not, we would not have been playing every week since November. In our case, we are a family of players, father (me), mother, son and my two brothers, and we had a great times playing this version. Sometimes, we meet at my mother's house to play the four or five, in the same room, exchanging ac chargers when necessary. This is VERY difficult to achieve with other console versions.

We ask so little. Better graphics? The fact is that they can be obtained. But already, if only I did not have so many issues, those that throw you out of the game at the worst of times (a disconnection in an underwater fight ... for example). Or those cases in which there is a lot of lag in built areas (something that happens in other versions, but that they will improve), or get  the latest improvements were applied in terms of structures (triangular foundations)... In addition, in all this time the island is getting a bit small for us, we want to go further, to the DLC. We can buy another console version? We could, but we would lose that to be able to reunite the whole family. That's better for us than the most realistic graphics on the most powerful PC.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 8:24 AM, Mossenstein said:

Man, thats some real Switch spite up there, lol...The switch is easy to charge on the go through your car or wall outlet & runs with a 3 hour battery life when full, more if youve picked up the battery pack after market accessory. I think its fine. Also Ive played nearly 600 hours on the Switch version of Ark & have the game on the PS4 as well. It looks much worse than PS4, however its entirely playable & fun.  It will crash though...but then again so does ....well, every version. Even those pricey PC's. At least the crashes I get are often signaled before hand by the ground disappearing. Thats my cue to hunker down & restart. Im happy the game is on the Switch. Portability without a pricey laptop, cheap online, & uncrowded servers. The Switch has a great catalog & will soon outsell Xbox despite its 2 year lead because it is a FUN gaming machine, not a powerhouse but very fun. If you want a beautiful game then Ark on PC is the way to go....but Ark is an old game...its running on phones & tablets now in mobile form. Its not this giant resource eating monster you need a super computer to run. My PS4 runs it fine, so does my Switch. I dont want to mess with optimizing settings on PC, its why I prefer to game on console thats plug & play.

I payed around 40 bucks for my physical copy after buying the bloated digital version for the full 60 (it takes up way to much memory space in full download form, much less space on cartridge) & have saw it as low as 25 dollars physical at my local Mom & Pop gaming store. The support IS terrible from Wildcard & the player base very small (which I kinda like, coming from the PS4 servers) Its also lacking free events (with the exception of double xp/harvest/tame evolution weekends) & the two free maps. The 3 payed for DLC maps are also not available for purchase; I doubt they ever will be.  Mods & updates (& the resulting roll backs that make you lose your character, or make you wait for the next update/patch to finish your build....as they have messed something up & things no longer snap correctly) for better or worse are also not a thing on the switch version. (It still even uses the old kibble chart) at least it hasnt been this past half year Ive played the Switch version.

Overall I just dont agree with you that its a bad game. I cant see me playing a bad game for 600 hours when I have a better looking & supported alternative available....but the Switch games not crowded & Ive fell in with some fine friends on it as well as had an online friend or two clan up w/me who Ive known for years on Nintendo platforms, plus, theres almost a sense of relief when it comes to being ignored when it comes to updates considering how Wildcard often implements them & their sometimes undesired effects....all while being portable

I found this review on youtube sums up Switch Ark well, ugly but fun. You got the Ugly part right, level4gaming....but you missed the fun. Maybe you have been playing PC so long you you cant equate an ugly looking game actually playing in a fun fashion. Perhaps its the legitimate lack of support or how theres no mods. Whatever the reasoning, its sound sense FOR YOU....but judging by your post' you came across as wanting the Switch version not to exist at all. I have a real problem with that. Play what you enjoy but dont lobby for options to deny me the ability to do likewise.

Just play ark on mobile.It has better graphics, more content, less mesh monkeys and actually has s team that fixed bugs.Oh and it runs smoother.Its also free and 100x better than the switch version.They even have bosses and a dungeon.

1 minute ago, rageraxes said:

Just play ark on mobile.It has better graphics, more content, less mesh monkeys and actually has s team that fixed bugs.Oh and it runs smoother.Its also free and 100x better than the switch version.They even have bosses and a dungeon.

It also controls like trash. Id rather have an interface I enjoy & can play than use my phone. If they update it to support android cheap lap tops an enable a swipeless interface than yeah it would be good fit for me in replacing that cheap portable niche the Switch fills...as it stands though I tried it awhile back & wasnt impressed. It will as a free to play likely end  up being .the most supported version as far as micro transaction boosted content goes. Its also broken though. Check out its bug issues too. Folks buying stuff & not getting it or paying for features that dont work. Been there, done that on Switch allready, lol

• 3 months later...
On 11/13/2019 at 9:40 PM, Brian44 said:

Ok, It's November 2019 and I'm playing Ark on the switch- version 600.0 and the crashes are horrendous. They're making the game borderline unplayable.

Any word on patches or dlc? Would really love to play Scorched Earth...

Same my game crashes if I move too fast, overheats my console and makes it crash. No word on DLC.

Archived