nintendo switch Ark: Survival Evolved for Nintendo Switch

xSOTKx

I run a group for Ark players on Nintendo Switch and I hate to say it but we are not satisfied with the graphics. We love Ark but the graphics are just not meeting our expectations. Quite a few have mentioned that they are returning the game. Will there be patches/updates soon to come to improve this issue? We all want Ark to work great on Nintendo Switch. The following are problems noted from players in my group:

- Very, very low resolution graphics in handheld mode. The visuals are so poor that I cant play for a few minutes without developing a headache. 

- Rendering distances are very poor in handheld mode; many objects don’t fully render until you’re right next to them.

- The entire world seems to need to re-render every time you open and close the in-game menu. 

- When killed by a dinosaur in handheld mode, the HD rumble seems to vibrate to its absolute maximum, so much so that it feels like it’s going to damage my console if it keeps happening. 

- It often takes multiple attempts to join an official server, even when said server isn’t anywhere near to being full.

- Equus go through the mesh and disappear when pooping. Textures also flicker on them when they are rendered again after coming back in range.

- Some single player settings are not saved the next time the game is loaded.

- The ground keeps disappearing.. it's crazy and terrifying when you're getting off a mount and don't know if you're going to fall to your death or not.

- Brightness/gamma needs work or maybe contrast. With gamma all the way up its still nearly impossible to see anything at dark.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should be able to maniplulate the gamma settings through the settings/options tab, joining official servers be like that, xbox has the same problem, try adjusting the vibration settings for the game, do you have a far or near render distance, and their might be different graphics settinga for handheld, dont know how to solve horse (try whistling it, or if you got a whip(dont know if these are on switch[from Scorched Earth DLC])/argy/quetz try picking it)

Otherwise you just got Ark’ed, happens to me at least once a week in either accidental dismounts, bases with turrets not rendering in before i fly near them (prob with pteras, griffins, and wyverns, not so much argies, quetzals, and snow owls), random aggro dino spawning behind me, or dino running off after dismounting it(happens with wyvs most often for me, usually somehow wandering got turned on)

So I will look into what you mentioned but the graphics issue remains unanswered. Hoping devs have a clear answer for this with a plan on what they will do to improve graphics. Ark runs graphics better on my smart phone than on Nintendo Switch which doesn’t seem right. Hoping for patches really soon. I hate saying it but graphics are bad and I can’t deny it. Many people in my group are returning the game as we speak. Already noticed Ark was selling used the next day after being released at my local GameStop. I love Ark and I want to see it succeed on the Nintendo Switch.

Poison?? Bro, you think this is poison? This guy is being delicate. What is he supposed to say, “The game runs fine, frame rates are great and there are no bugs whatsoever?” The game runs terribly on the switch, he is simply telling them some issues they need to resolve, and fast if they want people to continue playing/buy the game. If the devs aren’t going to reply to this or anything like it they better switch up (no pun intended) their community game fast. You ever hear of fallout 76? Diablo Immortal? If they don’t listen to the community, like xSOTKx or myself, they are on a fast track to ending up like Bethesda or Blizzard.

Never mind...

I manage to contact with Abstraction games about patch/update :)

Here is what they reply:

"Hi Damian,

Short answer is: yes, there are going to be updates. For ARK Switch support, please reach out to the owner and publisher, Studio Wildcard. We don’t provide customer support to this title even though we are commissioned to working on ARK Switch along with Studio Wildcard. They are our client and they call the shots. We don’t have any ownership whatsoever with regards to ARK Switch as a product or even as a project."

We must just wait until they or them make some update ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/19/2017 at 4:57 AM, SapphiraTigress said:

I have been asking about this for weeks and it is a massive problem. I have tried to message the devs on Twitter. You still cannot reduce inventory rank since like 4 updates ago. You can't increase or decrease the rank at all on any object. I will gladly continuously post this until I get some sort of a response. I have had not a single response from anyone on this issue. 

On 12/5/2018 at 11:49 AM, xSOTKx said:

I run a group for Ark players on Nintendo Switch and I hate to say it but we are not satisfied with the graphics. We love Ark but the graphics are just not meeting our expectations. Quite a few have mentioned that they are returning the game. Will there be patches/updates soon to come to improve this issue? We all want Ark to work great on Nintendo Switch. The following are problems noted from players in my group:

- Very, very low resolution graphics in handheld mode. The visuals are so poor that I cant play for a few minutes without developing a headache. 

- Rendering distances are very poor in handheld mode; many objects don’t fully render until you’re right next to them.

- The entire world seems to need to re-render every time you open and close the in-game menu. 

- When killed by a dinosaur in handheld mode, the HD rumble seems to vibrate to its absolute maximum, so much so that it feels like it’s going to damage my console if it keeps happening. 

- It often takes multiple attempts to join an official server, even when said server isn’t anywhere near to being full.

- Equus go through the mesh and disappear when pooping. Textures also flicker on them when they are rendered again after coming back in range.

- The ground keeps disappearing.. it's crazy and terrifying when you're getting off a mount and don't know if you're going to fall to your death or not.

- Brightness/gamma needs work or maybe contrast. With gamma all the way up its still nearly impossible to see anything at dark.

Hey man I'm looking for a real tribe got 5k plus hours on pc 350 or so on the switch. Hit me up on discord zombieman#3352

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, Maverick81PL said:

THEY DON'T CARE SWITCH VERSION! 

To be honest, I think they do. Obviously they worked to get the game on the Switch in the first place because they wanted to expand their audience, which would then make them more money. That being said, after the release of the game and seeing how much negative feedback they'd been receiving it would only make sense for them to continue working on fixing issues on the Switch version, even though it'll obviously take time due to how much they have to minimalize for the game to even work properly on the Switch.

In the end they want the Switch version to be as successful as they can make it so their efforts won't be in vain. Of course it won't be exceptional at first, but they were able to port a version of the base game over to a console that made the task seem impossible to even think about. So I do think they care about it, it's just people are way too quick to judge, and we need to be patient to see what they have for the future of Ark on the Switch.

Who knows, maybe they aren't even ABLE to fix and update the game due to the lack of support/funds they've been getting for the Switch version. At least not for now. All we can do is at LEAST provide a tiny bit of support for them in hopes that they'll be able to improve what they've been able to achieve so far. I mean I don't see anyone else porting over HUGE, seemingly unrealistic games to the Switch so new players can enjoy it. On the Switch, this is the only game of its kind and some people are enjoying it for what it is.

I think the problem comes with the studio that ported ark to the switch. It's not wildcard working on the port but the other studio.

At least that's my guess why wildcard is not as responsive as we are used by them. 

However I've read online that the other studio is working on porting the patches and implementing the Dlcs. But sadly they are not responsive at all as it seems. 

10 hours ago, SonBanana said:

I think the problem comes with the studio that ported ark to the switch. It's not wildcard working on the port but the other studio.

At least that's my guess why wildcard is not as responsive as we are used by them. 

However I've read online that the other studio is working on porting the patches and implementing the Dlcs. But sadly they are not responsive at all as it seems. 

Well lets just hope they are working on it and can update the Switch version with some serious fixes.

1 hour ago, Maverick81PL said:

They not working. I post email from them on that forum. That's what we get is final game on switch. Future DLC (maps) also are in question on switch.

Last update was for server compatibility and future do the same.

We'll just have to wait and see. I mean they only released a playable version of the game on Switch a couple months ago, updates will come eventually. (At least that's what I hope)

Clearly they don't have anything to say about it probably due to the fact that they are still working on it, and/or have higher priority projects at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I am definitely happy I found this. Was dissapointed to see that Survive the Ark didn't have Switch as a console option so I thought I wouldn't find any support here. I was over the moon to get Ark on the Switch and the game demands to be unplayable. I can't keep my Engrams for anything. Every time I close the game they're all gone again with no points to spend on them and no update in sight.?

On 12/5/2018 at 4:49 PM, xSOTKx said:

Just deal with it the gameplay is good and that is what matters

We have the game out on the Switch for months now and we all know the graphics are not good. But it sucks to hear all the whining over and over again. Deal with it or leave it be. No matter what option you choose: Wildcard does not give a single F about it.

So we should all enjoy the gameplay it offers since THAT is what gaming is about and the Switch Version contains all of it. At least on The Island.

Lets just hope we get the DLCs. There will be no improvements. There is no mentioning of the Switch Version, there is no hope for on the horizon. So we just have to accept the game as it is. Maybe we get the DLC but I hardly think it will happen.

I myself will still have maybe 200 hours more of fun and then thats it. Sad but true.

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2018 at 7:49 PM, xSOTKx said:

Archived