Contrary to most of the threads

MadClaw

I am a first time ARK player and I have to say I find the game very enjoyable. There are a few bugs but that is to be expected with a large game like this. The developers have really done a good job porting over the massive amount of content to something like the switch and it can only get better with time. So to everyone here let's be patient for those updates to come out, as we know the switch has a large user base and it would be beneficial for the game to become popular it's probably going to get some love. 

It's not the only game with crashing errors I've played a few switch games that crash regularly if you don't restart them. We need to post the bugs we find and be constructive!

Happy ARKing!

Unfortunately, something I've noticed is that the switch port is about 8-9 months behind the PC version in it's fixes and patches. You'll notice a lot of things like armor weight values being different, tek dinos being non-existant, none of the "she who waits" notes anywhere to be seen. Also, there is literally no way to unlock the Tek Light, Sword, or Shield legitimately since they are normally unlocked on the Ragnarok map, which as you know doesn't exist on switch and they were too lazy to make them unlockable on the island so they're just permanently NOT unlockable.

Other than that, I find the switch version enjoyable, especially playing on an empty official server.

10 hours ago, girlygirlgamer322 said:

Atleast try to make it less obvious wildcard paid you $5 to post this. Lmfao

YOu know I'm also mad about graphics but have already lvl 52, 19 tamed dinos, stone base and game works fine. I use STAT SHOW commend that I see FPS in game. Stable 30 FPS in my base so is impressive! SO I'm enjoying game on Switch. Also I play in handheld mode only. Its playable but have issues. 

Your post is so poison that I think you're from PC community of ARK?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually feel relieved seeing this post on here since many of you may know the game has been getting a lot of negative attention since before it was even released for the Switch. I happen to also think the game is quite enjoyable on the Switch despite it lacking so many features in comparison to other consoles. I mean, it's to be expected right? It was JUST RELEASED on the SWITCH. A hybrid console that's still being upgraded little by little. Some people are just so impatient and ungrateful.

I look forward to the upcoming release of the other DLC packs for it, nonetheless I think many new players will be able to spend hours upon hours enjoying themselves with the Switch version even now.

Archived