Question about transferring characters

Grimreality

I am currently playing on an unofficial cluster server with a few friends that haven't been playing in a while and was wanting to go and play on another server with a new tribe. The question is, if I download my Ark Data, will I be able to come back to my original server with my friends and play in the tribe again or will i need to be re-invited to the tribe by one of them. Also, if I am downloading my character off the server, will i be able to bring anything in my ark data such as structures or tools to the new server?

You can only transfer to servers in the same cluster.

If you transfer off your current map (to another in the same cluster) you will remain in the tribe on your first map.

But you will need to form or join a tribe on the second map (and subsequent maps).

You can't take your existing structures with you - unless the server has S+ and you pick everything up - which I wouldn't recommend as you could lose it all if you die.

8 hours ago, DuoMogAgain said:

You can only transfer to servers in the same cluster.

If you transfer off your current map (to another in the same cluster) you will remain in the tribe on your first map.

But you will need to form or join a tribe on the second map (and subsequent maps).

You can't take your existing structures with you - unless the server has S+ and you pick everything up - which I wouldn't recommend as you could lose it all if you die.

To add to this, your tribe membership is per server.

So even if you to create or join other tribes on other servers, you can go back to your original server and you will still be in your original tribe on that server.

Archived