Purple OSD Strategy.

Flashock

Open discussion and theorycrafting for Purple (Legendary) Orbital Supply Drops.

To start, I typically play duo and was able to down a Red OSD with our 2 Gigas, roughly level 310, and it was fairly easy.

We attempted a Purple using the same strat but healing with a pig between rounds which was needed. Managed to get to wave 5 but then our Gigas enraged from what I assume were the alpha/enraged Rexes and being overwhelmed and we failed. The first 4 rounds we did lose 5-10k health each but weren't in risk of enraging.

Some thoughts on future strats. I have seen some speculation about using a Tek Gen and Forcefield. Has anyone tried this yet?

The thought I had was to use the Gen/Forcefield along with Turret Velonas inside, cannon fodder Rexes outside, and giga riders.

2 minutes ago, Flashock said:

Open discussion and theorycrafting for Purple (Legendary) Orbital Supply Drops.

To start, I typically play duo and was able to down a Red OSD with our 2 Gigas, roughly level 310, and it was fairly easy.

We attempted a Purple using the same strat but healing with a pig between rounds which was needed. Managed to get to wave 5 but then our Gigas enraged from what I assume were the alpha/enraged Rexes and being overwhelmed and we failed. The first 4 rounds we did lose 5-10k health each but weren't in risk of enraging.

Some thoughts on future strats. I have seen some speculation about using a Tek Gen and Forcefield. Has anyone tried this yet?

The thought I had was to use the Gen/Forcefield along with Turret Velonas inside, cannon fodder Rexes outside, and giga riders.

The Tek Shields a decent idea, but as soon as the items are released all structures are broken, so be careful.

We did our purples with the ice titan.

Post nerf it gets rough, since the titan will also damage the OSD, however it's still good for going and dpsing away from the ost (basically denying half of the "incoming wave" from its side).     It's also by far the best option for the corrupted wyverns, it gets REAL dicey with 5-7 coming in per wave, and I'd have a hard time imagining anything else being good against them with the turret nerf...maybe ridden velonasaurs with mate and imprint boost?  

Wish they didn't nerf the spikes and turrets so bad, it'd be fun playing tower defense setup otherwise.

We did this drop all the way to wave 15 with two 7 gen  velonasaurs. They had 12k health and 3.5k melee. Going up against 450+ Dino’s they were amazing. We lost one in the end when we went to the drop and deployed the contents, and it sent another wave as we were doing so. We both crashed, all the loot was gone but some cryopods, Our Wrath was mutilated, but Wrath 2 was going strong. We spammed LT for their head whip the entire time. It’s OP. We deactivated the shield right away too

On 12/13/2018 at 8:24 AM, Riellexx said:

We did this drop all the way to wave 15 with two 7 gen  velonasaurs. They had 12k health and 3.5k melee. Going up against 450+ Dino’s they were amazing. We lost one in the end when we went to the drop and deployed the contents, and it sent another wave as we were doing so. We both crashed, all the loot was gone but some cryopods, Our Wrath was mutilated, but Wrath 2 was going strong. We spammed LT for their head whip the entire time. It’s OP. We deactivated the shield right away too

3.5k melee (either % or actual damage) is 100% a boosted server by a significant amount. This is hardly a good representation of what you can expect on official or official-like servers. 

The Wyverns are a nightmare because of their fire breath dps. Me and a tribemate did a red OSD with 2 Tek Tapejaras, 13 imprinted Rexes (30k+ health, 1k melee), 3 imprinted Velonasaurs (10k health, 1k melee) and 2 imprinted Yutys (25k health, 4k stam, 650 melee) and we lost the drop. Rex saddles were 104 ascendant, Yutys 38 ramshackle and 85 mastercraft, Velona saddles just primitive ones. The only survivors were 1 Tapejara and 3 Rexes. Now we're breeding better Tapejaras and, because of the better fire resistance, some Kentros and Therizinos which we fill up with veggie cakes. Maybe they will do better.

On 12/14/2018 at 9:58 PM, DomiDarko said:

The Wyverns are a nightmare because of their fire breath dps. Me and a tribemate did a red OSD with 2 Tek Tapejaras, 13 imprinted Rexes (30k+ health, 1k melee), 3 imprinted Velonasaurs (10k health, 1k melee) and 2 imprinted Yutys (25k health, 4k stam, 650 melee) and we lost the drop. Rex saddles were 104 ascendant, Yutys 38 ramshackle and 85 mastercraft, Velona saddles just primitive ones. The only survivors were 1 Tapejara and 3 Rexes. Now we're breeding better Tapejaras and, because of the better fire resistance, some Kentros and Therizinos which we fill up with veggie cakes. Maybe they will do better.

Serious? We did a red OSD with two lvl 95 tamed gigas (currently around lvl 200 and 200-210% dmg) with just two riders and an owl to heal between waves. Official server. Primitive saddles too.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived