OSD Stealing Loot cant be Rule Banned?

balistikas

So this keeps happening we spend time   doing  drops  OSDs  and  on end  people come  grief  and   take loot  

Shouldnt  this be an act of grief?   you  can just   tame a  owl     follow  where titans are or  drops  camp  then go  and steal loot and we cant do anithing?

Tek shield  would prevent this but  not  worth putting since  he takes  many dmg  that he dont even survive   1 wave on purple  or red .....

Farm other people’s drops and use a whip. That’s what we do now. People join us all the time and don’t do much (riding owls). So we have whips ready to go on the OsD’s. 

For element veins, we destroy almost all of the outer veins because they’re useless anyways - we pick the middle until it has 200 HP left and then go get the remaining outer veins if there are any left. 

When we come across anyone else doing drops or veins we join in. It’s an adjustment people need to make. Just like drops - you don’t own it until it’s in your inventory. No need to get upset with folks - just develop a better strategy. We farmed 600 element two days ago with numerous tribes joining in. Would have been closer to 900 element probably without them. But veins are easy and plentiful. People need to stop this “gold rush” mentality on element. It’s not worth that much anymore. I overvalue ingots at this point on extinction. Lol

41 minutes ago, flamron said:

Farm other people’s drops and use a whip. That’s what we do now. People join us all the time and don’t do much (riding owls). So we have whips ready to go on the OsD’s. 

For element veins, we destroy almost all of the outer veins because they’re useless anyways - we pick the middle until it has 200 HP left and then go get the remaining outer veins if there are any left. 

When we come across anyone else doing drops or veins we join in. It’s an adjustment people need to make. Just like drops - you don’t own it until it’s in your inventory. No need to get upset with folks - just develop a better strategy. We farmed 600 element two days ago with numerous tribes joining in. Would have been closer to 900 element probably without them. But veins are easy and plentiful. People need to stop this “gold rush” mentality on element. It’s not worth that much anymore. I overvalue ingots at this point on extinction. Lol

So your solution is that I should sit on my butt, watching, and then use a large amount of tribemates to ensure I get the lion's share of the loot, with little to no risk of my own resources. And the person who did all the hard work, and potentially lost tames/resources has no recourse or way to fight back as this is PVE.

Sounds like grieving/trolling to me. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Yeah some really troll-like answers in this forum.

There was a similar post on the main general forum, and people linked the stream recording, they said nothing about how it's ruled in PVE.   Since PVP has counterplay that's all well and good, but stealing hard work where there's no counterplay possible is exactly griefing (and before you say forcefields, they take a while to get powered up and aren't viable post patch changes on higher waves anyway).

30 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

So your solution is that I should sit on my butt, watching, and then use a large amount of tribemates to ensure I get the lion's share of the loot, with little to no risk of my own resources. And the person who did all the hard work, and potentially lost tames/resources has no recourse or way to fight back as this is PVE.

Sounds like grieving/trolling to me. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Crying about it in global chat doesn’t do anything. And it’s not reportable. So yeah - I’m good with the strategy. I mean, I could kite them and kill their stuff, but that would be against CoC...

On 12/5/2018 at 1:11 PM, Migol said:

Yeah some really troll-like answers in this forum.

There was a similar post on the main general forum, and people linked the stream recording, they said nothing about how it's ruled in PVE.   Since PVP has counterplay that's all well and good, but stealing hard work where there's no counterplay possible is exactly griefing (and before you say forcefields, they take a while to get powered up and aren't viable post patch changes on higher waves anyway).

here is your answer:

“What's really cool, even beyond that, is that this is ARK, and it takes place in that world. That means other players can show up in the middle of it. Maybe they'll help you for a piece of the reward, maybe they'll wait for you to fight off all the dinosaurs and then take the spoils for themselves, or maybe they'll start a fight with you. It brings a new wrinkle to the game with these [events] happening out in the world.”
-Chris Willoughby

source:

https://www.newsweek.com/ark-survival-evolved-extinction-dinos-pve-series-future-995874

22 minutes ago, Migol said:

"or maybe they'll start a fight with you".    Obviously this is not from the perspective of PVE where you can't start fights (which is why unlike PVP, dropping tamed dinos to block entrances/construction is griefing).   Different rulesets require different actions.

need i continue to remind you, PVE is not priority mode for development? unless someone can link something stating otherwise there is no sense arguing this point, the devs said it themselves.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, LabRat said:

I say we go back to the good ole days where KITING is part of the game . those of us that are good at it can remove the trolls. If stealing is awesome, then pushing your **** in is MO awesome.

Ok but you revived a dead post that is no longer relevant since they made osds claimable.

Don't kite on pve, thats a pvp action.

Archived