Single Player ... Switching Maps creating copies of my character.

Grinz

I was playing on the Ragnarok map on single player. When Extinction came out, I uploaded my character from the Ragnarok map and then started an extinction single player with him.

When I decided to switch back to the Ragnarok map, I uploaded my survivor from the Extinction map and opened up the Ragnarok single player. When I got there... my character was listed twice (these aren't copies of each other, as they have different food and water levels displaying).

Is this normal? And if so... is there a difference between those uploaded characters? (They are both level 105.) I'm thinking I'm going to have to carefully manage these saves if every time I'm switching maps I will be creating a ghost of my character in the obelisk.

• Volunteer Moderator

I believe this is caused by the fact that when Extinction got released, it was sharing the default base directory for its save. It was fixed shortly after, but I believe the fix actually moved the map save itself and copied the profiles without deleting them (to avoid data losses, more than likely) which would explain why your character was duped.

Archived