What's Next: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework

Jen

On 12/4/2018 at 9:00 PM, PrincessPixie said:

ONLY PROBLEM.. is Scorched earth has no way to get prime fish meat.. we have no sabertooth salmon. Unless you add it as a spawn

even the smallest coelacanth can drop prime with fishing, on a 2x event. I never fish on a regular day so that is why I say 2x.

Edited by shoetrax

Please don't do this.  This kibble change will single handedly eliminate 80% of the dino content from the game.  The old tree just needed a little tweaking.  

Think about it.  The only interaction most people have with most of the dino content is to tame them for kibble reasons.  Scorpions would never be tamed if they were not the kibble for rex.  That goes for a lot of dinos...Gali, terror birds, pegomastix, and on and on.  

This kibble change is not an improvement,  it's a gutting of the game and a bypassing of a lot of the dino content that was added.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Kibble rework I can see as a mistake,

system we have limits tames, in that you need a certain kibble to tame certain Dinos..

this new system will make it easier to tame and that means less restrictution on taming increasing tamed Dino count..

your new system may do away with egg farms but you will also increase random Dinos that before would have add to the game..

also this reduces the need or use of other Dinos meaning they become less desirable and are tamed less.. so instead of a Dino count of 500 random Dinos ( groups of 3-8 of specific Dinos) you will have 500 of the same Dinos..

before if you did not have kibble you did not tame or you went out and tamed along the kibble tree line till you could get the desired Dino, t

‘by reducing kibble tree you allow ppl to tame easier which reduces the challenge to playing ark.. With new DLC making everything easier and this kibble rework aren’t you removing a lot of what brought us here in the first place?

i understand reducing the challenge to make it easier for some players but did you not make dedicated and simple player for those players..

Awesome! That'll make taming and breeding much easier! Now, can we get censorship options like Conan and Rust? Would love to see the Au Naturale mod integrated into the game to give a more asthetic "stranded naked" feel to the game! Would also love to see more skins such as more armor skins, bikini/swim wear skins, and overal holiday skins! With the addition of S+ though, I'm hoping it will make building much easier!

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:00 PM, PrincessPixie said:

Can we get Triangular foundation/ceiling pieces soon for building? This is exciting

Also happy about the kibble rework! will help massively reduce tame cap

ONLY PROBLEM.. is Scorched earth has no way to get prime fish meat.. we have no sabertooth salmon. Unless you add it as a spawn

Ill second this, and stackable foundations please like in Conan.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:29 PM, girlygirlgamer322 said:

Please don't rework the entire kibble system on other maps. It will make the majority of dinosaurs boring and useless. Changing the kibble system for imprints is fine though.

As for the S+ aspect: Long overdue. Some items shouldn't have a time limit at all.

If dinos used for eggs ONLY - doesnt that mean that they already boring and completely useless ?  What a point in dino if it the whole day stay and lay eggs - yea very interesting.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:30 AM, ac273 said:

Please don't do this.  This kibble change will single handedly eliminate 80% of the dino content from the game.  The old tree just needed a little tweaking.  

Think about it.  The only interaction most people have with most of the dino content is to tame them for kibble reasons.  Scorpions would never be tamed if they were not the kibble for rex.  That goes for a lot of dinos...Gali, terror birds, pegomastix, and on and on.  

This kibble change is not an improvement,  it's a gutting of the game and a bypassing of a lot of the dino content that was added.

This, this and this. They simply need to rework the kibble tree (which is horribly designed).

For the kibble tree redesign you could make it so that trike, ankylo and stego provide kibble for ~50% of the dino cast. That would already cut down massively on the kibble farms. You should still keep specific kibbles for some dinosaurs, particularly the rare/high end ones, to keep the game interesting and to keep a use for most of the dinosaur species.

The proposed new kibble system is going to gut most of Ark's gameplay and exploration.

Edited by girlygirlgamer322

The current kibble tree just does not make sense as it is, that's why it is so frustrating. Therizino requiring megalosaurus kibble, or megalodon requiring spino kibble. Plus you need way too much kibble to tame, it often takes like 10-20+ kibble which is a drag. Fixing the kibble tree instead of wiping it will lead to a much better and engaging game in the long run.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:43 PM, TinyHippo said:

It was not just fine the way it was. Needing to get creatures that have no real uses other than their eggs for kibbles, like the scorpion which is needed for rexes, is rather annoying and not fun.
Having it like this, where eggs from a group of creatures can be used, will remove (or severely reduce) the number of worthless creatures you have sitting around laying eggs.

It also helps with the tame cap issue. If you need less dinos lying around, it'll be much easier to manage your tame cap since you don't need to tame those things or you could just cryopod them instead of leaving them there.

Scorpions? Worthless? Sheeeet just let me breed scorpions. They already fun af. Just too weak with max lvl being 191 with no mutation.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:42 PM, SaltyMonkey said:

*Wildcard announces kibble rework*

PvE players: this change will deem dinos pointless and ruin the progression.

Also PvE players: Wildcard need to fix tame capped servers.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:04 AM, ShadowAngel said:

So your full kibble farm gonna shrink to 6 males instead of 30+. Thats -30 dinos on every player on server.

The kibble rework is decent, but walled behind a DLC.  It should use materials (or substitutes) available on every map, not locked to Extinction or forcing people to buy Gachas off of the damn trading forums.

But also...  I am asking both of you (and anyone else reading this) @SaltyMonkey and @ShadowAngel:  Honestly, why are you under the impression that requiring a few less dinos will mean that people will magically tame fewer dinos?  The argument can be made that the kibble rework by itself negatively impacts the tamecap situation.  They encourage people to have less "game maintenance" tames and have more pleasure/battle tames by reducing maintenance overhead for taming, therefore making it EASIER to tame, again therefore increasing accessibility to more tames.

I really hope one of you responds with an explanation of how the entire PvE ARK community decided to tame less dinosaurs.  I'm serious you guys, the kibble rework will not affect the tamecap in the way that you two are thinking.  No one will tame less overall creatures...  They will instead tame DIFFERENT creatures totaling to the same amount.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LilTails said:

dose anyone know when the s+ stuff comes to the xbox one you can do the pickups but no s+ gear yet

So far the pickup stuff is all we get. We'll probably see more integration in the future, but keep in mind that some of it, like the euthanasia gun and auto-imprinter and other similar items will probably never make it in to the official game. 

On 12/4/2018 at 7:33 PM, Umber0010 said:

I imagine the time limit is there so it's more of a convenience thing, so say you put something on the wrong snap point you can pick it back up, or if you're trying to align something. Also, Let's be honest. Being able to build an entire fortress and then moving it at no resource penalty would just be OP.

As for the kibble rework, if those dinos only use was to sit around and make eggs to tame other dinos, they where already useless.

Couldn't agree more, this sums it up pretty much! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 1:28 PM, Cinnamongod said:

30 Seconds really? Why have a limit at all? The game already has enough grind in it. I am not sure how I feel about the Kibble rework. I know it will positively affect the egg farms needed but it also dumbs down the gameplay. The majority of dino's will become useless unless TLC's are done for all of them.

This. not a fan of this rework at all.