What's Next: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework

Jen

28 minutes ago, DrakoKrakin said:

I would have preferred the Kibble system changed to incorporate, rather than replace the current system.  By incorporate I would have thought to make the new kibble very slightly less taming efficient that the old specific kibbles.   This would enable people to choose their method and not eliminate the current usefulness of particular breeds of dinos.

Just my two cents worth.

Isn't that what mutton did for Carnovores?

Glad to see S+ finally getting added, even if only in part. Which I do understand, by the way. Will be interested to see if S+ stays a mod with the elements that you do not add. 

As for the kibble rework, sounds good but agree with the comment about it making some dino's useless, But am OK with that. As a person who plays alone a lot (solo some and on servers some), I like the idea of not needing so many dinos to care for.

I look forward to your spending some time to tweak the things that need it!

On 12/4/2018 at 12:48 PM, TekTusoteuthis said:

If their only use was to lay eggs, they were already boring and useless.

No, you're completely missing the point. At least people had incentive to go out and tame these "random" dinos, it was a mechanic that made you explore the map and species. This kibble change is going to render nearly half the species of dinosaurs completely useless. And no, they aren't going to start churning out TLCs. You'd have to be an idiot to believe that, we all know how wildcard works.

Especially in pve, it gave a sense of progression having to tame and interact with a lot of animal species, their habitat, specific egg temperature requirements etc. It was a sense of accomplishment. This is going to basically kill off pve and make it boring as hell.

What they should have done was reconfigure the kibble tree and make some dinosaurs accept more than one species for kibble.  For example, common species like dilo, stego, and trike provide kibble for 3 or 4 species. There was some obviously terrible ones like megalodon needing spino kibble, or therizinosaurus needing megalo kibble.  Now everyone's gonna be breeding the same few species over and over again while leaving half the cast useless and boring. 

Btw we need a TLC on almost every single species babies, most of them are just shrunken down models of the adults and it really looks terrible. Games like prehistoric kingdom do a great job of dynamically growing babies. It's not hard.

Edited by girlygirlgamer322
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

Something I would love to see added to structures is the ability to "lock" the placement mesh to a specific piece (the one you're looking at), then cycle through the snap points using the existing cycle snaps button.  This would make it so that you can move around freely without the placement mesh jumping around while you check to see if it's going where you want.  The only way to move it to the next snap point would be by pressing the cycle snaps button already in use while the left and right clicks place or cancel, like normal (moving out of range cancels automatically).

Edited by Zurar

On 12/4/2018 at 1:28 PM, Cinnamongod said:

30 Seconds really? Why have a limit at all? The game already has enough grind in it. I am not sure how I feel about the Kibble rework. I know it will positively affect the egg farms needed but it also dumbs down the gameplay. The majority of dino's will become useless unless TLC's are done for all of them.

I see it as a major lag reduction. Tribes will not have to tame so many different kibble tames and will open up tame slots on a server.

50 minutes ago, Bazookajack85 said:

I see it as a major lag reduction. Tribes will not have to tame so many different kibble tames and will open up tame slots on a server.

It won't change anything. It just replaces one species for another. 

Tribes who have 50 Dinos of 25 species in their kibbl farm now will have 50 Dinos of 5 species after the rework. It just makes the game easier for casual players. I like the complexity of the actual system. 

16 minutes ago, xxnazgulxx said:

It won't change anything. It just replaces one species for another. 

Tribes who have 50 Dinos of 25 species in their kibbl farm now will have 50 Dinos of 5 species after the rework. It just makes the game easier for casual players. I like the complexity of the actual system. 

No your missing the point. You usually have 30+ ptera eggs and when you need argent kibble with new system you will be able to use ptera eggs you already have instead.

So you dont need  male + female dino A and male + female dino B, now at max youl need  2 female dino A and male A and thats it.

So your full kibble farm gonna shrink to 6 males instead of 30+. Thats -30 dinos on every player on server.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:13 AM, Cinnamongod said:

Break official in what way? Why would you pick up your base because of your forge? How small is your base that it could be picked up in a matter of minutes? You could not pick up my base in 5 hours. Based on your responses I do not believe you have enough experience to give recommendations.

I have used S+ and it is in no way OP. It simply automates many of the annoying and monotonous tasks which frees you up to actually enjoy the game. I do not think you know what you are recommending. You are shooting yourself in the foot.  

True I don't play official, nor do I play with mods because I'm on console, but remember "The Great Flyer Nerf". They don't want official to be easy, they want it to be monotonous and time consuming. And if you had all the features of S+, the demolition gun could easily tear down a whole base in a few minutes.

Also if you get wiped than that Industrial Forge is too long a grind to redo.

I like this kibble rrwrok BUT how is anyone supposed to make the best augmented kibble? You need either a hesperornis golden egg or titanoboa egg. Hesperornis only spawn in caves on Extinction, yall turned off ALL cave tames on Extinction regarldes of if they are too high of a level like on the other maps. Which means no taming hesperornis and getting eggs for augmented kibble or Yut kibble and no taming Mantis for Elemental kibble. This has to be a gross incompetence on WCs part. 

Edited by Dhunt

I like the fact that wildcard is trying to improve their game sure some changes are illogical or drastic and plenty of changes that I don't agree with but at the end of the day ark is still a very good game.

I won't deny the fact that WC still has plenty of work left when it comes to fixing all of the problems.

It's impossible to satisfy everyone but if WC can find some middle ground that's good enough for me.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:14 PM, Jen said:

Extinction's kibble setup (known as Augmented Kibble) was phase one of our kibble rework. We are currently in the process of assigning these new kibble types to all of the remaining ARK creatures across all maps. 

All eggs will be assigned a value based on the size and rarity of the egg. These sizes include: Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and Special. The eggs are then used in a recipe to create kibble of a coinciding value: Basic, Simple, Regular, Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary. This new system will make it so that creature kibble desires are based on the quality levels instead of specific creatures.

Just a little theory crafting here, but I felt it is worth thinking about. Most everyone is assuming that the new Kibble will be implemented into every map as part of the kibble rework. Lets take a moment to review the facts.

The new kibbles are listed as (Basic, Simple, Regular, Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary) But the Extinction Kibble is listed as Augmented Kibble. Lets note that fact, on Extinction, this new kibble is reported as Basic Augmented Kibble, Simple Augmented Kibble, etc...

Taking that interesting modifier to the kibble, it is possible that on other maps the kibble will also get a modifier to it (Aberration gets Aberrant Kibble, Scorched Earth gets Scorched Kibble, and possibly the island gets no modifier to its kibble) and thinking through this further, map specific kibble will require map specific resources to make for map specific Dinos.

Just some random thoughts on how WC may be tackling the kibble rework.

Edited by DamanWeylin

Kibble rework is the best idea you've had since release. As a veteran player, I quit after the new servers came out. For me personally, it was due to having to go through the long tedious process of obtaining kibble dinos/breeding. I think both should be in the game, but there has to be a middle ground. 

5 minutes ago, Eketen03 said:

So can you already make kibble on extinction or not (console) And how? Cause there is no rockarrot spawn and al that stuff

Yes you can make kibble on Extinction, it works the exact same way as it does on the other maps. They simply introduced 6 new kibble types to the map that work slightly differently than regular kibble. As far as rockarrot spawns, there are none on any map (except Ragnarok) you are suppose to find the seeds by harvesting bushes then plant and grow them.

One suggestion on the pick up feature for structures, could you lengthen the timer to 1-2 minutes, that way folks have a little extra time to pick the structure up if it was placed as a place holder, such as putting down a pillar to place a foundation in the place you want it. Otherwise I'm really glad this feature is now in the game!!

S+ : can't you just handle PvE and PvP separately for once on that one? UNLIMITED pickup for ALL (S+) structures in PvE, keep whatever restrictions there need to be in PvP. Also PLEASE disable terrain collision in PvE... it's a server wise setting. It won't interfere at all with PvP, but allow us to finally build nice things without stupid gaps and workarounds JUST because 1% of a structure sticks into terrain.

On 12/4/2018 at 12:27 PM, Savoroot said:

About the kibble rework, will it be introduced to other maps as well or only Extinction?
Since corrupted nodules and element dust is rather hard to get if you don't play on Extinction or at least have a Gacha with ele dust.

- Savo

Did you not read the whole thing?

Edited by TheNeoReaper

8 minutes ago, TheNeoReaper said:

Did you not read the whole thing?

I did.. My main problem and why I was pointing it out was corrupted nodules and dust on other servers.. If you don't have element Gachas you cannot get dust on other maps. Also getting nodules is impossible without transferring. But someone already had a good solution, organic polymer instead of corrupted nodules for kibble, that is, if they will go through with changing it to that.

Edited by Savoroot

Please tell me y’all are going to fix the Wyvern and Drake nests on PS4, Also the Rock Drake TEK saddle and Griffin grounded attack animations. Also if A TLC 3 is in the works I really hope you are looking into the Stego(remodel&new abilities) , Bronto(Remodel&new abilities), Carno(remodel&new abilities), Giga(remodel&Shrunk), Megalodon(remodel&enlarged) and Ankylo(remodel&new abilities). Bronto definitely needs A new running animations -_-

This isn't remotely s+ integration. I actually find it somewhat insulting that they're using its good name within the community in associating this with their work.

This is essentially a feature that should have been implemented within the first 6 months of hitting steam, at least, and instead its 3 years later and their first chunk of implementation is to take one key aspect of S+ that was great, amazingly find ways to make it poop but slightly better, and here's the first phase of S+ integration.