What's Next: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework

Jen

Guest chancho33015
On 12/4/2018 at 1:33 PM, Umber0010 said:

I imagine the time limit is there so it's more of a convenience thing, so say you put something on the wrong snap point you can pick it back up, or if you're trying to align something. Also, Let's be honest. Being able to build an entire fortress and then moving it at no resource penalty would just be OP.

As for the kibble rework, if those dinos only use was to sit around and make eggs to tame other dinos, they where already useless.

op? i mean, pve...is not op. Makes it easier just to move around maps and live where every you want...also...less time wastedd on official pve. Lets be honest, this game is one of the most time consuming games ever made...

On 12/4/2018 at 2:00 PM, PrincessPixie said:

Can we get Triangular foundation/ceiling pieces soon for building? This is exciting

Also happy about the kibble rework! will help massively reduce tame cap

ONLY PROBLEM.. is Scorched earth has no way to get prime fish meat.. we have no sabertooth salmon. Unless you add it as a spawn

You can get prime fish on scorched, you get it from fishing....

thank you wild card ???

all the fixes for pc ... meanwhile I can not stop watching ps4 players (as in my case) writing in forums and reporting why European and NA servers do not work. Since this happens nobody has given us an answer as to why all the servers are in 9999 ping and why we can not play.

Thanks again for forgetting consoles again.

For folks talking about 30 seconds not being enough time, I think it's fair to say as this is the first integration step that this may either change or be configurable in the future. It seems to me the devs have picked the option least likely to break the players' current game as a way of testing the waters toward future integrations.

Ok, neat as this is an all, and a time saver for when you have that one wall that won't snap right, when will we get some real manpower behind bug fixes? The PS4 version of this game has more bugs than a stray has flees, and nobody in WildCard seems to be taking any interest in even trying to fix this. We have game breaking bugs from at least a year ago, but no patches or fixes.

All I want to definitely see changed is, 1 enable structure clipping with terrain, that you can't has never helped balance and has always been annoying as raptor for building. 2 give us equalateral triangle foundations/ceilings with the same width as standard square ones, and corner ramps so we can build circular structures and pyramids, god damn how hard is that?

On 12/4/2018 at 2:06 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Uh, sure you could. You can tame a Mosa soon as you can get raw meat and a truck load of narcotics.

Raw meat? Are you serious? Do you realize how long that would take? It is impractical and stupid. A 150 Mosa would take 15 Hours and 35 minutes as well as destroy your taming efficiency. It will take 1010 Raw meat and 6225 Narcotics to do it that way. Just because you can do some things does not mean you should! There is a reason why the game makes it that painful because it is telling you that this is not the way to do it. 

• Facepalm 1

On 12/4/2018 at 2:08 PM, TinyHippo said:

Dinos that will be made useless by this were already essentially useless.
I should not need to tame 20 different types of dinos that I don't want to use just to get eggs from them to tame other things.
The progression will still exist since you'll still need certain types of eggs for each creature, it's just that now the egg types come from a much larger range of things, so now you will be much less likely to need to tame things so they can sit around and lay eggs forever since you can just use the eggs that drop from the creatures you do like and/or use.
This will overall make the game more enjoyable.

I completely disagree. Many players, not just you, have the attitude that a dino tamed for eggs is useless; this is illogical. The use is for eggs which is a use. There are like 100+ dinos in the game and if this change happens in this way then you will only need 6. That make rather large groups of dinos that have similar egg types. You will only need one of them and everyone will figure out which one is the best one to keep and all the other dino's in that group will be ignored. Even if they have other uses unless what they do it vital they will be excluded from gameplay. Six dinos will give you access to all dinos and you still think that passes for progression? This is just dumbing down the gameplay which is insulting to all those who had to do it the hard way for the last few years.

As far as dinos sitting around that was really only needed for a time. Once you accumulate a couple stacks of eggs you do not need them anymore. Now with the cryopods you can put them away without the need to tame them again in the future because you can take them out if you run low until you are stocked up again.

I am all for improvements and streamlining things but this comes across as a hatchet job. I feel that one way they could do this and retain some of the progression would be to make all the dinos in a given group have a different value to their egg quality. If you use the easiest dino with the lowest quality eggs then it will take more of their eggs to make the same amount of kibble and conversely, if you use the hardest dino in a group with the highest quality eggs then it less of their eggs to make their size of kibble. If they don't do at least something like this then I feel this change will, in the long term, have a bad effect on the gameplay. Only ever using and breeding 6 dinos will get boring very quickly. 

• Facepalm 1

On 12/4/2018 at 2:39 PM, falizure said:

im guessing rather then truely enabling the ability to pick things back up instead they are keeping some sort of game buffer running allowing you to revert a action, but that would quickly fill up memory so instead the auto dump the buffer after 30 seconds if thats the case i wonder how that will interact with server crashes...dupe glitches anyone?

I do not think it works that way at all. I would say there is just a timestamp on each structure placed and based on that date and time it enables you to pick up or not. The ability to pick structures up has always been in the core game mechanics it is just disabled on Official. You can enable it on single player or modded servers. They are actually making server performance worse by keeping track of the timestamps. If you could just pick items up anytime then they would not need to keep track of that at all.

I have messed around with building and 30 seconds is basically pointless; by the time I come to the decision to pick it back up, it is too late. 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:52 PM, Tomm1e1 said:

30 Seconds is alright for accidental placement, no limit would probably break official, e.g Picking up your whole base in a matter of mins to save your Industrial forge.

Locking certain features of S+ to options for non official, Yes Please. 

Break official in what way? Why would you pick up your base because of your forge? How small is your base that it could be picked up in a matter of minutes? You could not pick up my base in 5 hours. Based on your responses I do not believe you have enough experience to give recommendations.

I have used S+ and it is in no way OP. It simply automates many of the annoying and monotonous tasks which frees you up to actually enjoy the game. I do not think you know what you are recommending. You are shooting yourself in the foot.  

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

Raw meat? Are you serious? Do you realize how long that would take? It is impractical and stupid. A 150 Mosa would take 15 Hours and 35 minutes as well as destroy your taming efficiency. It will take 1010 Raw meat and 6225 Narcotics to do it that way. Just because you can do some things does not mean you should! There is a reason why the game makes it that painful because it is telling you that this is not the way to do it. 

A7DE694E-6AB9-481F-A5AA-7A7F4206AB1F.png

On 12/5/2018 at 5:38 AM, TinyHippo said:

Dinos that will be made useless by this were already essentially useless.
I should not need to tame 20 different types of dinos that I don't want to use just to get eggs from them to tame other things.
The progression will still exist since you'll still need certain types of eggs for each creature, it's just that now the egg types come from a much larger range of things, so now you will be much less likely to need to tame things so they can sit around and lay eggs forever since you can just use the eggs that drop from the creatures you do like and/or use.
This will overall make the game more enjoyable.

Well said mate, I completely agree

Whilst its good to see S+ being integrated (as much as you feel its necessary) how about fixing the current issues and problems?? It gets more than a little tiresome being dropped to the dashboard (xbox one) or having to spend additional time restarting a server due to not being able to join (this is now happening at least once a day since extinctions release).

13 hours ago, Cinnamongod said:

I completely disagree. Many players, not just you, have the attitude that a dino tamed for eggs is useless; this is illogical. The use is for eggs which is a use. There are like 100+ dinos in the game and if this change happens in this way then you will only need 6. That make rather large groups of dinos that have similar egg types. You will only need one of them and everyone will figure out which one is the best one to keep and all the other dino's in that group will be ignored.

I am all for improvements and streamlining things but this comes across as a hatchet job. I feel that one way they could do this and retain some of the progression would be to make all the dinos in a given group have a different value to their egg quality. If you use the easiest dino with the lowest quality eggs then it will take more of their eggs to make the same amount of kibble and conversely, if you use the hardest dino in a group with the highest quality eggs then it less of their eggs to make their size of kibble. If they don't do at least something like this then I feel this change will, in the long term, have a bad effect on the gameplay. Only ever using and breeding 6 dinos will get boring very quickly. 

Im really confused you dislike the idea of having a select few Dino's for kibble and then you suggest a solution that would result in everyone using a select few Dino's.

The exact argument you are using to try and make this change look bad is the exact same outcome your solution will have.

If you want to make people see it your way don't contradict yourself.

• Haha 1

If you are indeed doing a TLC Phase 3, there are 3 creatures that me and probably hundreds of other people think deserve more love than ever...(This is in a PVE Sense.)

1. Megalodon: It looks like it has a baby's face, it is fairly useless once you get a Tusoteuthis or a Mosasaur, and it overall just seems unworthy of it's title. MEGAlodon. Make it bigger if possible. And definitely give it a new look. Also, I say give it an attack where it leaps up out of the water and can grab prey from midair or on the edges of the beach (Specifically Pelagornis or Seagulls.) Or give it a sense of smell like a dire wolf. Where it sees corpses and can see where they are. 

2. Brontosaurus: It's face looks warped and weird, It's weak compared to other herbivores in my case, and it only has one VERY big (a o e) attack. It may be an amazing berry gatherer and a good mobile base, but that's it. Try giving it a stomp attack where it rears up like a Titanosaur. Maybe give it a better appearance as well. Or possibly add an passive ability where it can become stronger the smaller the opponent. It can have a limit as well. And maybe give it an ability where it can has a garden on it's saddle. Essentially making it a mobile Garden!

3. Stegosaurus: It has the slowest movement speed out of all the rideable herbivores in my opinion, and it only has one attack, and it's walking/running animation is a bit off. Maybe give it an ability where it can grab things like the Kentrosaur. Or maybe give it a buff where the blood flows into the dorsal plates and gives it extra defense, or a speed boost. Or, you can add a pack bonus like Allosaurus. The leader will get a buff and can encourage it's fellow pack mates to fight on with a roar or something. The buff will be a 30 second speed and defense boost. Or an attack boost. 

If you read this, thank you. 

Sincerely: A man named Jaiden.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2018 at 5:43 AM, Slvr said:

I personally think every dino has its use that makes it worth taming. Kibbles just give a sense of progression. But with this idea, that progression is cut down to a smaller group, thereby reducing the feeling of progression. 

Maybe it doesn't impact servers the same way but for a single player person who's been loving the milestones of every tame and getting to explore each animal's use, I just feel like this threatens that feeling and will cut gameplay. 

Well said. It's kind of a mechanic for game progression, if they dumb it down it will make pve rather pointless and boring.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

I would have preferred the Kibble system changed to incorporate, rather than replace the current system.  By incorporate I would have thought to make the new kibble very slightly less taming efficient that the old specific kibbles.   This would enable people to choose their method and not eliminate the current usefulness of particular breeds of dinos.

Just my two cents worth.

• Like 1