What's Next: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework

Jen

Love the structures plus plans, hate the kibble change. I play primarily unofficial with just a few friends PVE and single player so maybe I just don't get it. But I'd like to have an option to leave kibbles as they are. They give a feeling of progression, make me test out each dino, and give extra use to everything. I've found uses for everything beyond just kibble making but kibble progression trees give me solid goals... It's awesome to tame something new, test it out, get its kibble, and tame the next thing (usually with the previous animal as my new mount if possible). 

I fear the kibble change may just make it all feel very redundant... 

What should be reworked is the titan tame timer, we have one tribe on our server who just keeps taming the titans back to back, once their timer is down they go back in and tame it again. 

Maybe a longer timer fornthe tribes who last tamed them to leave room for other tribes to get a shot at them. 

Not only is it pillars r' us all over the extinction server we play on but we have that one tribe hogging the titans. 

12 hours ago, Brybry said:

I wish you guys would rename Basic, Simple, Regular, Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary kibble to just Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and Special  

It would be a lot more concise and make a lot more sense in-game and when talking to other people when you need kibble made. The difference between the words Basic and Simple or Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary is overly confusing.

Fully agree on this comment! If you asked me to line up "Superior, Exceptional and Extraordinary" according to size, I would not know how to do it. On the other hand, it's not only about size but also rarity... but those exact terms do not really tell me much about that either. Maybe something as boring as "Class I" (II, III...) or "Quality class A" (B, C...) would be a more disambiguous way of naming the 6 "levels" of kibble?

Other than that, I like the kibble change! Just hoping that I will be able to make all of those kibbles on my lonely, non-clustered island server (preferably even without fighting the bosses, because I'm never going to get that far in the game, the way I play :D).

10 minutes ago, Aldalasse said:

Fully agree on this comment! If you asked me to line up "Superior, Exceptional and Extraordinary" according to size, I would not know how to do it. On the other hand, it's not only about size but also rarity... but those exact terms do not really tell me much about that either. Maybe something as boring as "Class I" (II, III...) or "Quality class A" (B, C...) would be a more disambiguous way of naming the 6 "levels" of kibble?

Other than that, I like the kibble change! Just hoping that I will be able to make all of those kibbles on my lonely, non-clustered island server (preferably even without fighting the bosses, because I'm never going to get that far in the game, the way I play :D).

The Blueprints (code) for the kibble items are basically named Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and Special already.

For example,  Extraordinary Augmented Kibble is PrimalItemConsumable_Kibble_Base_Special_EX 

It's just that whomever does the actual display text got a little too clever for their own good rather than sticking with the simple existing nomenclature.

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

GM is floundering right now, cutting its product offering and laying off thousands. Still want to use them as the basis for an argument?

Yes I do actually, because without the bail out they would have been done and dusted years ago. Repeating myself now but that was the point I was making. How well their business does after that is completely a non-issue to the argument.

• Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, Brybry said:

I wish you guys would rename Basic, Simple, Regular, Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary kibble to just Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, and Special  

It would be a lot more concise and make a lot more sense in-game and when talking to other people when you need kibble made. The difference between the words Basic and Simple or Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary is overly confusing.

Maybe even change augmented kibbles to:

Primitive, Ramshackle, Apprentice, Journeyman, Mastercraft, & Ascendant.

To match the equipment grading system.

so... kibble...

I have become lost now, can someone explain this? Argy kibble was fine, you telling me I now need to create improved kibble from argy eggs?  is basic argy kibble gonna remain the same effectiveness as kibble now and Extraordinary kibble is super effective in comparison>??

eg....

13 argy kibble = 98% effective = standard

2 argy kibble = 100% effective =extraordinary

I hope the implementation of this new kibble system hints that they may be bringing out new TLC updates, or plan on balancing dinos accordingly. I love the idea that I no longer have to tame an extensive kibble farm, and the potential for these kibbles to reduce tame times can help make the game more accessible to many more players. I do foresee problems with this idea though. The biggest one that stands out is the power gap between Alpha and Not grows more. They already have access to obscene amounts of kibble. Changing the tame balance to make things like Quetz/Giga/Mosa/Theri/Yuty take the best kibble means they could potentially monopolize high tier tames, which happens to some degree already.

15 hours ago, Savoroot said:

About the kibble rework, will it be introduced to other maps aswell or only Extinction?
Since corrupted nodules and element dust is rather hard to get if you don't play on Extinction or atleast have a Gacha with ele dust.

- Savo

From what I understand, it means that rex will no longer only take pulmuno egg kibble, but also carno, stego, sarco, terror bird, and so on.

Stop complaining about dinoes being useless after this, they were already useless before if the only use was to make eggs.

ALSO:

This is a huge change to solo players. Will make the game much faster, as you no longer need a billon types of kibble.

17 hours ago, PrincessPixie said:

Can we get Triangular foundation/ceiling pieces soon for building? This is exciting

Also happy about the kibble rework! will help massively reduce tame cap

ONLY PROBLEM.. is Scorched earth has no way to get prime fish meat.. we have no sabertooth salmon. Unless you add it as a spawn

You could always grap a fishing rod and go fish coels. that can drop prime fish :Jerbfat:

7 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

If your complaint about the kibble rework is that many dinos will become useless, do you not think it would be in your best interests to list and nominate them for TLC passes?

I personally think every dino has its use that makes it worth taming. Kibbles just give a sense of progression. But with this idea, that progression is cut down to a smaller group, thereby reducing the feeling of progression. 

Maybe it doesn't impact servers the same way but for a single player person who's been loving the milestones of every tame and getting to explore each animal's use, I just feel like this threatens that feeling and will cut gameplay. 

• Thanks 1

Regarding the Kibble Rework...from a PvE player... while I can appreciate the effort from the Devs to try and fix a Player Related Problem, I think it will severely diminish the PvE gameplay. It is Fully the player's fault for hitting and keeping the tame caps. If players didn't seek to horde dinos and keep them beyond their utility, the kibble system would function perfectly as a mechanic of game progression. Just because the majority of this community would like things to be given to them without effort doesn't mean the current system is broken or that the dinos are useless. This game offers hours, demands hours, of gameplay that are filled with excitement and adventure...why would you want them to water it down??? Because it's challenging?!? If the player communities would spend more time trying to work together to solve the problems with the Devs, and less time complaining about the things that are broken, WHILE exploiting every possible glitch that works to their benefit, we might help to fix some things. 

--- CAN YOU PLEASE FIX CAVE DROPS AND ARTIFACTS?! ---
Was almost excited, then I saw 30 seconds?
I don't know if thats some pVp non-sense, but for PVE can we just pick up our stuff whenever please?!
Just for reorganizing purposes. I would maybe use the 30 second pick once in like 3 months lol pretty pointless.

Kibble - Cool your trying to do something else, but my kibble farm is so perfect already :( feel like it was a waste of time now probably

I want to get ascension on scorched earth, canonicaly in the lore it should be possible. Just imagine being able to unlock a tek grenade launcher, a tek incubator (mass incubates eggs) and the tek wyvern saddle. I really want this and the 15 levels from ascension, mainly so my character can be lv 150.

Edited by Yaoi