What's Next: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework

Jen

Thank you guys soooo much for adding it!  Other things you can add are the pizza shaped foundations, along with the cool new renovated foundations the mod has.  It is also good that in s plus you can hide cables, power the fabricator with electicity, etc.  Also, all of the placed items such as the nurse the hatchery, and all of the glass building things would be incredible if added into the game.  There are many more updates to follow for console, so please implement these things into the game.  Thank you and keep un the good work!

1 hour ago, blargzilla said:

So you're only implementing "some" of the S+ features that won't "break" pvp? Has Wildcard ever considered to have features enabled/available based on game mode? (PVP/PVE). By considering feature deprecation due to it's impact on PVP use cases you are alienating ALL of your PVE use cases as well. Why has Wildcard constantly ignored more compartmentalization of the twoish game modes? Why not make all of the features available and let the server admins decide what they want to enable/disable? Now, with this approach we WILL STILL need a mod to take advantages of the features you choose to de-scope.

You have made a fantastic game! I have spent over 3000+ hours playing and cursing at the bugs (that are still there 2 years after I discovered them). I just think Wildcard really misses the mark when it comes to their "oh this will break pvp so let's not implement it at all for the game" approach. It's pretty short-sighted when it comes to product design...

Spot on. They need to split up settings between pve/pvp. That's the best thing to do,  I wonder if the devs have the mental capacity for it.

3 hours ago, girlygirlgamer322 said:

Please don't rework the entire kibble system on other maps. It will make the majority of dinosaurs boring and useless. Changing the kibble system for imprints is fine though.

As for the S+ aspect: Long overdue. Some items shouldn't have a time limit at all.

If the only purpouse of certain dinosaur exsitance in your tribe is sitting and laying eggs forver, it is already useless dinosaur. 

The game needs this kibble overhaul to reduce stress on servers and clients caused by breeding farms with hundreds of dinosaurs. 

Plus, with this change Wildcard can finally see clearly what dinosaurs serve no purpouse in the game and improve it eventually. 

1 hour ago, nevcairiel said:

Requiring Element for a Kibble on a map like Island where your only source is boss kills would be really annoying. On exctinction you get Dust from just harvesting benches or whatnot. Thats quite the different requirement.

And Kibble that require cross-server play would be the worst idea ever. Not only that it would be super annoying, many custom servers don't have a cluster setup, and don't want to either.

Very true, I'm hoping they do something I would find consistent with the theme of Tek by letting Tek animals drop dust instead of meat.

The new patch is brilliant! The ability to pick up structures is nice, though I think it should be changed to a full minute with some utility structures pickupable forever empty storage crates, decorations, maybe fences, etc)

The kibble rework will be a lifesaver on Official, but you’ll need to change the recipes so they can be made on any map. 

After that, I’m pretty happy with this! Looks like it’ll make things a lot less tedious and more enjoyable overall.

I'm a little curious about what will happen with the Titanoboa, as I'm decently sure that the only reason that it was made tamable at all was simply for their eggs, and the only reason I tamed mine apart from looking nice. I wonder if their eggs will be used in higher rarity kibble or if they will return to their sole role as an environmental hazard.

7 hours ago, N8farious said:

This is great! Now I can pick up misplaced structures just to have them disappear when I quit and come back on my single player server!

Fix the game before adding features for the love of Pete.

Im pretty much convinced they want the constant lag, dc's and dashboards so ppl quit and they have less to maintain. They can fix a dupe glitch in a day but cant get to the other stuff from extinction thats been there since release.

The 30 second limit was there to make sure people don't just pick up and place down like Fortnite PvP. Though I do agree that 30 second is just too short.

As for the kibble rework. I really hope the final phase don't require prime fish. Because exceptional kibble is already annoying enough to make with finding that particular ingredient that rots rather fast, even with preserving salt. And like someone said, you don't find fish that leave behind prime fish meant in scorched earth even with ichy buff.

Also, this won't stop some of the tribe from capping the server. One of the se was capped with 2 to 3 tribes filling their tame limit with nothing but rex and wyverns, a total of 1.5k cap used. And it's refreshed every 2 to 7 day. And I doubt it's gonna be dealt with.

Edited by Vaculity

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Jacira said:

As a kibble trader I feel for the future of my business. Will Wild Card be offering any sort of bail outs to kibble sellers like myself and others whose business will be impacted by these changes?

Starting to feel like Lehman Brothers over here...

As they say in business. Adapt or die. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

If the only purpouse of certain dinosaur exsitance in your tribe is sitting and laying eggs forver, it is already useless dinosaur. 

The game needs this kibble overhaul to reduce stress on servers and clients caused by breeding farms with hundreds of dinosaurs. 

Plus, with this change Wildcard can finally see clearly what dinosaurs serve no purpouse in the game and improve it eventually. 

Somebody gets it.

7 hours ago, Savoroot said:

About the kibble rework, will it be introduced to other maps aswell or only Extinction?
Since corrupted nodules and element dust is rather hard to get if you don't play on Extinction or atleast have a Gacha with ele dust.

- Savo

"We are currently in the process of assigning these new kibble types to all of the remaining ARK creatures across all maps. "

1 hour ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

I'm a little curious about what will happen with the Titanoboa, as I'm decently sure that the only reason that it was made tamable at all was simply for their eggs, and the only reason I tamed mine apart from looking nice. I wonder if their eggs will be used in higher rarity kibble or if they will return to their sole role as an environmental hazard.

Titanoboa eggs are used in special kibbles as of right now, so they still have special eggs along with the hesperornis.

Wow, guys!  I mean, I just got used to the full kibble system with a massive egg farm on the Island ;-).  But these changes will make it MUCH nicer, as players can have specific dinos they prefer to lay the eggs they need, and not need to keep many of every single breed on hand.  Should help with server tame limits!  I know I will "release" many of my dinos when this goes into full effect, and just keep specific types for specific size/class of eggs.  So welcome!  And I think more fun for all.

And the S+ addition!!!!  I mean, the current addition is less S+ and more a much much needed addition.  How many times does the server disagree with the client and you place an expensive piece of metal or greenhouse in the wrong bloody place!  Now you can pick it back up for free!!!  Guys, brilliant!  So thankful for this!  It will help greatly with one of the most frustrating things in Ark building!  Kudos!

Thanks!!!