What's Next: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

I agree that there are positive aspects to this change but you do realize this will make the majority of dinos pointless. The types not just the ones being used for eggs currently. Also alot of the games beginning progression will be gone because of this. You could not just tame a Queztal or Mosa without taming previous types of dinos. 

Uh, sure you could. You can tame a Mosa soon as you can get raw meat and a truck load of narcotics.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

I agree that there are positive aspects to this change but you do realize this will make the majority of dinos pointless. The types not just the ones being used for eggs currently. Also alot of the games beginning progression will be gone because of this. You could not just tame a Queztal or Mosa without taming previous types of dinos. 

Dinos that will be made useless by this were already essentially useless.
I should not need to tame 20 different types of dinos that I don't want to use just to get eggs from them to tame other things.
The progression will still exist since you'll still need certain types of eggs for each creature, it's just that now the egg types come from a much larger range of things, so now you will be much less likely to need to tame things so they can sit around and lay eggs forever since you can just use the eggs that drop from the creatures you do like and/or use.
This will overall make the game more enjoyable.

9 minutes ago, gilgamesh9 said:

30 seconds to pick up a structure the building mechanics placed in the wrong position.....lets not over exert ourselves with implementing s+

I am not even sure that this is S+. The structures have always had the ability to pick them up it was just disabled. It feels like a trick.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

30 Seconds really? Why have a limit at all? The game already has enough grind in it. I am not sure how I feel about the Kibble rework. I know it will positively affect the egg farms needed but it also dumbs down the gameplay. The majority of dino's will become useless unless TLC's are done for all of them.

But if a dino's only use was to farm eggs, it was already useless.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

I agree that a lot of dino's may become pointless regarding their popularity but every single dino is unique in what they do (scorpion tranqs stuff, dilo's block vision, etc) so they  generally all have a purpose, even if it's not exactly worth keeping as a long term dino.
About new players now being able to easily tame end game dino's (rex, quetz, mosa, etc) I think it'll still be quite challenging as the new kibble quality depends on both the size of the egg AND the rarity. Hopefully dino's like the rex require a bigger/rarer harder to get kibble quality. However, yeah, if they keep it so Rex still like scorpion-like kibble then they will be easily tamable early game because they will only need small kibble..

Edited by PrirodaWw

45 minutes ago, Savoroot said:

About the kibble rework, will it be introduced to other maps aswell or only Extinction?
Since corrupted nodules and element dust is rather hard to get if you don't play on Extinction or atleast have a Gacha with ele dust.

- Savo

Corrupted nodules act as organic poly , and organic poly can act as corrupted nodules would be a simple solution.  element can be broken down into dust on any server would be simple fix #2. Element dust can already be transfered through servers, they just have to unlock the engram for all maps.

Edited by GrumpyBear
commented in the wrong spot
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

It was not just fine the way it was. Needing to get creatures that have no real uses other than their eggs for kibbles, like the scorpion which is needed for rexes, is rather annoying and not fun.
Having it like this, where eggs from a group of creatures can be used, will remove (or severely reduce) the number of worthless creatures you have sitting around laying eggs.

It also helps with the tame cap issue. If you need less dinos lying around, it'll be much easier to manage your tame cap since you don't need to tame those things or you could just cryopod them instead of leaving them there.

we use scorps to tame stuff , they arent' only usefull for eggs.  They can tranq my new found eggers all day long.

44 minutes ago, Ixels said:

Good news but why limit S+ pickup to 30 seconds? Many things in this game should be able to be picked up and placed again. Certain things I can understand but not most things. Extinction also needs more optimisation, it's a lagfest on official servers last I checked, and would love to be able to transfer. If this is because of PvP balance, which I suspect it usually is, then balance PvP separately. Stop restricting PvE based on PvP issues.

i hear you but for official server it is just impossible they accepted transfers on SE and boom insta capped people will just instant get the taming cap of mega tribes bringing 500 dinos by transfering

Guest EnergyDrink

Jen,
Why rock drake and vyvern nests are not fixed?

I do not understand. This is a game breaking bug which you are not fixing for 3 weeks now... WHY??????

It's amazing that people are complaining about some dinos becoming pointless.  If you tame a dino and it's only purpose is to sit on a ramp and lay eggs it's already pointless.  This way people can tame what they like without feeling like they need a dino just for its eggs.  Would you tame a Gali if you didn't need its eggs? Maybe? If so then great!  If not then tame what you like and use its eggs for taming other creatures you like. I think this is great!

Reworking the kibble system will finally help to diminish greatly the need of egg farms on Official servers, something that only helped to cap many PvE servers

Well, that and cryopods too - lost too many breeding events because cryopods didn't arrive back then

As for picking-up parts, omg that's great! no more losing tons of mats because of misplacing a ceiling or wall :D

1 hour ago, Cinnamongod said:

30 Seconds really? Why have a limit at all? The game already has enough grind in it. I am not sure how I feel about the Kibble rework. I know it will positively affect the egg farms needed but it also dumbs down the gameplay. The majority of dino's will become useless unless TLC's are done for all of them.

im guessing rather then truely enabling the ability to pick things back up instead they are keeping some sort of game buffer running allowing you to revert a action, but that would quickly fill up memory so instead the auto dump the buffer after 30 seconds if thats the case i wonder how that will interact with server crashes...dupe glitches anyone?

cool, you are gonna "add in" S+ to the Core game, best thing to do would be to just let Orionsun (S+ Dev) do what he does best without the "Studio's" interference, maybe then he could fix the majority of your borked mechanics. 

But of course, there is never any mention of what bugs will be fixed in an update. and the "Studio" is still about "hey, lets add new and shiny" instead of "hey, lets fix our borked game so it actually plays well!"

We, The Player Community, Do not care about new and shiny if the core game mechanics are still broken!

Fix the Game First!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SiCKxZenithx said:

cool, you are gonna "add in" S+ to the Core game, best thing to do would be to just let Orionsun (S+ Dev) do what he does best without the "Studio's" interference, maybe then he could fix the majority of your borked mechanics. 

But of course, there is never any mention of what bugs will be fixed in an update. and the "Studio" is still about "hey, lets add new and shiny" instead of "hey, lets fix our borked game so it actually plays well!"

We, The Player Community, Do not care about new and shiny if the core game mechanics are still broken!

Fix the Game First!!!!

The community have been in crying out for improvements to the building mechanics since day 1. S+ integration is fixing the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Savoroot said:

About the kibble rework, will it be introduced to other maps aswell or only Extinction?
Since corrupted nodules and element dust is rather hard to get if you don't play on Extinction or atleast have a Gacha with ele dust.

- Savo

I’d imagine each map will use ingredients that are native to that map for ease of access.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, chancho33015 said:

I have to see it to believe it...2 years have passed since this was mentioned. Also, 30 seconds just to pick it up...lame. 

They literally said feature by feature and official game balancing. This isn't your private world or server, this is for the whole game and balancing has to be considered