An Observation Intended to Help.

Rakkasan

I have noticed, over time, that there are a large number of people on the forum whose posts seem to revolve around complaining and demanding. I especially see a lot of "We want this," and "We want that." 

Then it just occurred to me that I see the exact same thing in the game. 

1. Create survivor.

2. Log in.

3. Immediately ask to join a tribe.

4. Immediately start asking for anything and everything.

5. Manipulate people's emotions to try to get things.

6. Cuss and yell and trash everyone that doesn't give me what I want.

I'm inclined to think that this is not a coincidence. 

Folks, I'm not here to insult anyone, but I think all of us (myself included) need to hear this:

1. The world does not revolve around you and your wants.

2. People do not owe you free stuff.

3. You should demonstrate some kind of independence and self sufficiency if you want to be accepted. (There are exceptions of course, but to be honest I'm not real thrilled when I hear a good friend say, "Hey there Rakk! This is my 10 year old brother. I'm teaching him the game." Probably wrong of me, but maybe this isn't a game for little children? I might be wrong.)

4. If you act like a child, expect to be treated like one.

5. If you have a really silly name, expect that people will be much less inclined to trust you and let you join their tribe.

-CrazyDoofChildGamerz- : Hey man! Lemme join a tribe!!

Whitesky: Mmmm. No. Sorry.

6. If you log in and immediately start asking for stuff, why would someone think you will likely respect their property if they let you in their tribe?

I could go on, but I'd probably be saying the same things in different way. And I think I'm still falling short of adequately expressing what's on my mind.

Bottom line?

The game is called "Ark: Survival Evolved," NOT "Ark: Babysitting Evolved," or "Ark: Gimme Stuff Evolved." Go. Play. Enjoy. Survive.

There. Rant ended. Good hopefully accomplished. :)

You may hate me now. ;)

- Rakkasan

bp0002_hooah_digital_camo_bumper_sticker_grande.jpeg

Thumbs up on the post. I gave up on multiplayer for multiple reasons. First was a terrible pvp experience. People being the biggest, which some relates to your post and other aspects just relating to the bad nature of some people. No tribes were accepting new recruits. Then when one finally was there was suddenly two tribes recruiting me only to be ghosted entirely. This may have been unique to this server but people were poisonous. I swear the entire server was dedicated to finding a way to ruin somebodies day, whether it was picking up noob with a ptera, stealing taming food put in a Dino, constant base raiding...you name it. It was constant. Another big aspect that pushed me away from multiplayer was the garbage littered everywhere on pvx and pve servers. It makes the island feel like an incredibly small place. Like you are shoving a thousand people into one square block. The ability of single player games to exit at any time and resume right where they let off was a huge bonus as well. 

So ya rant done when it comes to multiplayer. 

11 minutes ago, Bush84 said:

Thumbs up on the post. I gave up on multiplayer for multiple reasons. First was a terrible pvp experience. People being the biggest, which some relates to your post and other aspects just relating to the bad nature of some people. No tribes were accepting new recruits. Then when one finally was there was suddenly two tribes recruiting me only to be ghosted entirely. This may have been unique to this server but people were poisonous. I swear the entire server was dedicated to finding a way to ruin somebodies day, whether it was picking up noob with a ptera, stealing taming food put in a Dino, constant base raiding...you name it. It was constant. Another big aspect that pushed me away from multiplayer was the garbage littered everywhere on pvx and pve servers. It makes the island feel like an incredibly small place. Like you are shoving a thousand people into one square block. The ability of single player games to exit at any time and resume right where they let off was a huge bonus as well. 

So ya rant done when it comes to multiplayer. 

I know what you mean. Your experience is one reason I will never go PvP in a game like this. As I've said before, PvP is where the worst jerks tend to congregate. (But there are good folks there too, for certain.)

On Fria, PvE, Easy one of the things I like about living near Whitesky Peak is the remoteness. I have neighbors, but not many. Few folks want to do the work needed (really not much if you know what you're doing) to live up North. So it isn't cluttered at all. In fact I can hop on a tame and head North to go hunting or gather resources and wander around for an hour never seeing a soul. Love it!

Of course Fria of late has a bit smaller population so that might be a factor. Plus several great, long time players made the trip over to private servers, sometimes to get away from the stuff we complain about.

I was tempted. Even tried it. But I'm not for starting over when I've come so far. After the fact I realized that it is better anyway. Run away from the toxic folks? Leave no decent people at all on the servers? Nope. Not my style.

Besides, on PvE little griefing is possible, and what can be done is easily handled if you know what you're doing. I hear that the next update will be focusing on quality of life issues, including specific attention to folks kiting Gigas on PvE. So things are looking up.

I just get sick of the lack of mature players and the abundance of toxic or simply self-centered and immature players. I'm looking to just find one decent person to add to my tribe (full but old ghost accounts of players who left for private servers, so I can boot what is needed)! Just one! Nope. And, to be honest, I'm nervous as all get out about welcoming in anyone I don't know really, really well. Many times on our server folks have pretended to be nice just to get in a tribe and rob them blind. Then people complain that nobody welcomes new players and takes them in! :( Sad.

I cut my teeth, so to speak, on Single Player, and would never have gone multiplayer if not for that few weeks way back when the single player game would literally crash every minute or so. That forced me to multi, and I'll never go back. Just feels to lonely in single. Love the interaction of the few good folks I know.

Good observations, though. :) Thanks.

I can relate to this so much, it's a general issue with games. You have gamers, casuals, hardcores, and kids as the big 4 category's that I lump players into and they dont mix well in a tribe.

The easiest way to guarantee that I wont be in a tribe with someone is to ask to join at level 1. Any fair player gets a couple levels just scoping the server out. My current server I was invited to a tribe as a low level from breaking into a base to look around and telling them the weakness when they spotted me amusingly enough. Turned out to be kids so I promptly and kindly left.

I played on pvp for a long while, the server was stable with a fair alpha tribe and mostly "fair & fun" pvp it was great. Over the course of a week it turned into a toxic cesspool from 2 new tribes who didnt know English and a couple of rouge hardcore trolls (how you play 13+ hours a day for a week straight still concerns me!). It just got out of hand so fast that most folks left the server.

I played pvp on pc and until they open up server hoping closer to pc style for raids I wont be going back on mobile. Raiding on your home server is a terrible idea on pc... same basic concept applies to mobile without being able to raid off server. Just asking to start wars that only stop when one side quits the server and I'll pass on that.

Playing on official pvx now and it might as well be pve. I'd go to unofficial but I dont want to risk my time on a server that can be shut down and I'd rather spend my limited weekday time playing than keeping up with running a server.

I've as of yet to see another player I'd tribe with since leaving the pvp server. Children and lazy players are all that I see anymore. Or complete new players and folks dont like to be told to look stuff up. Guess 'youtube it' is viewed as rude.... lol

Sorry had to join the rant.

3 hours ago, Kens2cool said:

I can relate to this so much, it's a general issue with games. You have gamers, casuals, hardcores, and kids as the big 4 category's that I lump players into and they dont mix well in a tribe.

The easiest way to guarantee that I wont be in a tribe with someone is to ask to join at level 1. Any fair player gets a couple levels just scoping the server out. My current server I was invited to a tribe as a low level from breaking into a base to look around and telling them the weakness when they spotted me amusingly enough. Turned out to be kids so I promptly and kindly left.

I played on pvp for a long while, the server was stable with a fair alpha tribe and mostly "fair & fun" pvp it was great. Over the course of a week it turned into a toxic cesspool from 2 new tribes who didnt know English and a couple of rouge hardcore trolls (how you play 13+ hours a day for a week straight still concerns me!). It just got out of hand so fast that most folks left the server.

I played pvp on pc and until they open up server hoping closer to pc style for raids I wont be going back on mobile. Raiding on your home server is a terrible idea on pc... same basic concept applies to mobile without being able to raid off server. Just asking to start wars that only stop when one side quits the server and I'll pass on that.

Playing on official pvx now and it might as well be pve. I'd go to unofficial but I dont want to risk my time on a server that can be shut down and I'd rather spend my limited weekday time playing than keeping up with running a server.

I've as of yet to see another player I'd tribe with since leaving the pvp server. Children and lazy players are all that I see anymore. Or complete new players and folks dont like to be told to look stuff up. Guess 'youtube it' is viewed as rude.... lol

Sorry had to join the rant.

Rofl! Just had some kid, like 15 minutes ago, pestering me to death with requests and questions. I finally told him I was busy and pointed him to Google. ?

Archived