Extinction Lacking in Endgame Tames.

Writhes

15 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

Why do you care so much that alot of people have a hard time pronouncing a name of a mythical creature they have never heard of. Also keep in mind alot of gamers are younger kids who may not be all that interested on properly pronouncing a creatures name. They say what rolls off the tounge the easiest and never put much thought into its origin or how to pronounce it properly.

Your comment was condescending and directed at eveyone since you used the word "everyone" to describe the people having issues. This is a video game forum, most people dont take it that seriously in regards to grammar and punctuation.

It's less about the word in question and more about the fact that it's a glaring example of the gaping decline of literacy.   I used to work a tech support job, and the number of callers I had that were totally illiterate. They were incapable of reading simple words.  Even taking into account mental disabilities that would lead to illiteracy, the number of illiterate callers was far more than one would expect.

Also, I mentioned youtubers and people in voice chat with me. Most of those are over 20. Those in voice chat with me are at least 25.  The inability to pronounce this word extends far beyond children. 

On 12/4/2018 at 9:17 AM, Anarki said:
  • Magmananaaaarasrrsrarsrrassa

Thank you for using accurate spelling.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:55 AM, GP said:

Take your forum name as a prime example where people wouldn't easily remember the order of every letter, so they'd just spam bangagaguyuguguy or something like that.

LMAO...

On 12/4/2018 at 5:41 PM, banggugyangu said:

Why does everyone have such trouble with this word?  It's pronounced exactly like it looks: Mah nah Gar` mer

I can understand people having trouble properly pronouncing wyvern, because not everyone knows the etyomology of that word, and it contains a letter that has several different pronunciations based on the origin of the word (and most people get that wrong), but Managarmr doesn't.  I'm sure the R at the end throws some people off, but it's a common thing in nordic languages.

U mean meow meows

12 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

It's less about the word in question and more about the fact that it's a glaring example of the gaping decline of literacy.   I used to work a tech support job, and the number of callers I had that were totally illiterate. They were incapable of reading simple words.  Even taking into account mental disabilities that would lead to illiteracy, the number of illiterate callers was far more than one would expect.

Also, I mentioned youtubers and people in voice chat with me. Most of those are over 20. Those in voice chat with me are at least 25.  The inability to pronounce this word extends far beyond children. 

I admire your concern about literacy, but how does any of this pertain to the OP or Ark on general. Again, this is a forum for a video game, not many people care to use proper punctuation or grammar.

Maybe post your concerns on a scholastic forum or more relevant site. People can say maganamererereer as much as they like and eveyone understands what creature they are referring to. And I highly doubt anyone here reading is illiterate. Ive seen a few that are close tho lol.

Back to topic. There are 3 titans you can tame. So I would say theres not only 1, but 3 end game tames.

1 hour ago, ishootpaint said:

I admire your concern about literacy, but how does any of this pertain to the OP or Ark on general. Again, this is a forum for a video game, not many people care to use proper punctuation or grammar.

Maybe post your concerns on a scholastic forum or more relevant site. People can say maganamererereer as much as they like and eveyone understands what creature they are referring to. And I highly doubt anyone here reading is illiterate. Ive seen a few that are close tho lol.

Back to topic. There are 3 titans you can tame. So I would say theres not only 1, but 3 end game tames.

Illiteracy isn't an all or nothing concept.  There are levels of illiteracy.  My comments don't pertain to the OP in any way.  They pertain to the post which I quoted.  As I said before, it has nothing to do with what someone WANTS to say, and rather with those who struggle to read the word.  My problem is with how many people fall under the latter.

3 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

My comments don't pertain to the OP in any way.  They pertain to the post which I quoted. 

The post you quoted was satirical with its spelling. Its a meme and I guess you didn't get the joke. If they dont pertain to the topic or even the game at all then why are you posting it here. Thats called thread hijacking. I don't think the OP or anyone here cares to be lectured about literacy since, well.... We can all read.

Again, this is a video game forum, not the UNs forum for a worldwide literacy program. People come here to discuss the game and not real world issues about education.

Thats about all I have to say as this has dragged on long enough and don't want a mod to purge the thread for going off topic.

17 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

People like you are to blame for the modern anti-intellectualism movement.

Archived