Community Crunch 159: Winter Wonderland & Dev Diary!

Jen

I am excited for the christmass event and more colored dinos and the presents i been rlly terriable this year so i hope i get alot of terriable goodies to abuse the wildlife in ark with XD another thing is i am hopeing for a tlc i think many many many creatures still can use a improvement carbonemys is one of them for there (turtle shell mode wich would help them survive like the doedicurus's for the longest only intill now valonasaurus can actualy kill them in the wild with repeative shooting) the bronto could use a earth shattering stun attack with its 2 front feet doing heavy damage as well cause of its weight.... and aside from creature stuff i was surprised that extinction because of it being earth i was surprised there wasn't a laser sensor trip wire or something that like if it is enabled or something that tribemates have a free access root to getting from point a to point b in a base.... because it would be a same tribe thing i feel the whole opening the doors constantly and shutting them mainly can be a pain i mean we got the tek doors wich are awsome so i guess we can just use those aside from that other creatures like terror birds and sabertooths could use a tlc boost like pack boost like the raptors and wolves terror birds could use a stunning kick attack cause being kicked by a ostrich or emu has never been pleasent..... and i still feel like the carno does need something cause at this point it is basicly ur standerd medium carnivore without any ablites what so ever raptor gets pounceing rex has a stunning roar for smaller stuff carno has absoutly nothing....... it could use a bulldozering charge attack like the rhino how it gets momentum incompairson to the rhino and do heavy damage maybe.......... since it is nicknamed the meat eating bull or atleast something for it.

I have been playing this game since early access.  At this point I do not want anything new added.  I just want Wild Card to fix the game that I payed for.

I play Ark on Xbox one.  Due to the Extinction dlc the whole game is a broken mess.  The launch of this dlc has ruined the performance of every other map in the game.  The Dino's now look like playdough and the textures will not load.  Ark has always been a buggy game but the performance has never been this bad.    

Wild Card needs to roll back the last update and shut down Extinction completely.  It has broken the game on console.  Bring it back when it has been tested, debugged and optimised.  At the moment it's a waist of time and money.

6 hours ago, MadTurninator said:

wyginięcie jest zepsute na Xboksie. zła grafika główne problemy z renderowaniem stałe dcing. krople orbity są powyżej koloru niebieskiego, a otrzymujesz 5 klatek na sekundę i opóźnienie. artefakty się nie spawnują, a replikator Tek uczy się od kropli i nie możesz tego zrobić. to tylko niewielka garść błędów. zaprzestanie dodawania nowych rzeczy i naprawienia tego, co publikujesz 

On ps4 consoles, the same thing happens

6 hours ago, jammyjade said:

yet again you still cant take ownership an instead blame it on players playing the game an finding bugs FIX YOUR GAME!

What different universe post did you read?! He literally did not blame the players. He said it's impossible to find as many bugs/glitches as players encounter since players put in 6000 times more playtime than any testers.

I already knew his clear post wouldn't be able to reach the most insane cases, you, and it didn't. You read what you wanted to read and ignored the rest.

• Like 1

See I feel like half of that was untrue, with that much testing, how on earth does a mech that can shoot bases down out of turret range, get past that rigourous testing phase? Like a majority of the serious players noticed that in no time at all. I could go on listing things but to me it seems like next to no testing go's on, and people are losing hundreds of hours of work due to silly things like the above getting through into the main game, Ark could be such an amazing, unique game, if a little more care went into mechanics  and other things before release

Server PVE on the console due to lack of blockade in the city have become a pvp arena. Weak tribes have no chance with wyer 304 or spino 300+. Which through trolls are downloaded to the base. Do not mention the respawn of the coruptet wyv in the city.

Gach's saddle what is it for? Ornament? It's nothing functional.

Support not work? November 20, 2018 09:53 have open ticket.  Just why he will receive the answer: " We are sorry we can not help you due to technical reasons."  how long do I play have the same answer. :( 

Rendering the game for repair!!!!

add a replicator to the terminal.  (for small tribes, two people are not able to make it in a cave  Getting BP  for two is not possible (wiki: Alternatively, their blueprint can be obtained from Orbital Supply Drops and King Titan)) 

and many more mistakes to fix. Repair!!!  And you intend to change the look of dino, we do not need it Now.

where is the skin qertzl for which I paid?

Edited by Maniek

FIX ARK! If you do not fix the game, the whole lot of players will negatively evaluate your next titles before they even rise. So, as long as you do not polish and do not fix the ARK, forget the good grades of ARK 2, Atlas, or others. How you create a game and how you treat customers after purchase will affect the future of your business. We will not forget.

Saw the picture, had hope that we'll get a TLC but nope... And what the hell is this december update ? a random event that will bring back old skins ? Useless. 

Just stop those useless events that brings nothing new. We need TLC for so many creatures ! And real updates like S+ and quality of life content. We're still waiting. 

I believe with the others that the game needs some work, hire a bigger Q&A team to show the community that you care! 

Fixing stability of the game, optimization no one really cares about new content being pushed especially if its going to be hand fed to sugar coat the issues at hand. Most of us want a polished game at its core balanced pvp, I feel at times that the game was never intended for pvp gameplay because it is so broken and unbalanced and easy to raid bases with defenses lagging serverside to keep up so its easy win for raiders regardless of what styled base design you have if someone wants in and invests on the soakers or glitches they will do it.

Why not increase the structure health and fix broken armour when running with some beer your like a god take for example the armour from all the gatcha exploits over 1k durability use that with beer and u can run heavys no problem.

I am glad my bases survived the broken Extinction DLC with the Meks and Titans you should have had testers that built big bases hire in some pvpers from official to play around break the game as much as possible to ensure that the issues wouldn't occur, hell I would of done it for free knowing that I helped contribute to the community!

I have reached a point now where I am fed up I have 5000 hours in Ark and most of it spent in PVP the content has become stale boring with no real challenge, everything is far to easy to obtain early.

I think DLC for certain dinos should be considered with new and improved abilities take for example the Hyaenodon why not make it so it instantly spoils meat in its inventory or has a reduced time possibly bigger and ridable at the moment its use is pointless no one really tames them.

Another is the Carno it could use some work on it to improve its functionality it is kept mainly as a kibble dino.

There is a long list of things to consider here not to go too off-topic with it all.

Instead of officially releasing Extinction on Nov 6th you could have released it to a bunch of  'test servers' for a week like many other games do. 

25 test servers running at 5x's would have been full of players eager to explore and find exploits.  Many of the major problems would have been found saving everyone a whole load of frustration and heartache in the long run.

• Like 1

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the dang cryo pods to work the way you guys explained them during the Extra Life stream.  Currently if you pod a dino it resets the breeding timer, and resets imprint timers instead of freezing them where they are.  On top of that if you cryo pod a pregnant dino it kills the baby.  These things are currently completely useless for helping breeders. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

What different universe post did you read?! He literally did not blame the players. He said it's impossible to find as many bugs/glitches as players encounter since players put in 6000 times more playtime than any testers.

I already knew his clear post wouldn't be able to reach the most insane cases, you, and it didn't. You read what you wanted to read and ignored the rest.

not at all! the post is literally a big "its not our fault" they should have more testers we should not be the testers! also take a look at the replies the majority are not happy either with the post? no mention of the console issues or sorry for the problems just a "you guys found the bugs gg" these bugs are not small or rare or unlikely some are plain and simply basics of game testing = check other maps work when implementing new dlc! (center map volcano island completely glitched out) check other game modes work ( primitive plus servers offline for weeks) check graphics load in correctly on dinosaurs ( still have dinos that look like origami) not one of them bugs glitchs or whatever you call it is a small thing that should have been missed , i haven't got the time or words to list all the issues with balancing an pvp, simply stating they cater to everyone does not cut it! if you can't deliver a product that works dont deliver it,  then be silent over the issues for weeks. ps you know whats insane doing the same thing over an over again even though you could choose not too! all the previous dlc had huge issues, every update has broke the game further an you want to white knight and defend them? looool

14 hours ago, BERSERK3R said:

So basically what Chris is trying to say "WILDCARD DEVTEAM diched the project before its even finished, started working on another hyped game, and let you SIT THERE ALONE to fix SOME bugs and then drop mic leaving us with a game that's broken, while the modding community knows how to fix and polish the game (S+, Builders Improvements, etc).

Oh and what about Jen and that other "CM"?

"Buy on switch, buy on your phone, look at this poster"....and "Ladies and gentlement S+ will be implemented"

Instead we got....Extinction with made the game even worse, and even AFFECT other vanilla features and maps.

Just say "Wildcard ditched the community, and ran away with the money".

Oh come on how can you say it like that they worked realy hard with extinktion and it is a great expansion you ungratefull b****

• Facepalm 1