dino cap (new pc player)

ImSoCauZtiK

so first and foremost, as the title says I am a new player. Not that it should really matter but for some reason I feel like I needed to clarify that.

I bought the game during a black Friday sale and picked up the dlc for myself as well. I started on the island and I pretty much played nonstop until today so at least over 100 hours in that time.

As of the start for the x2 event, directly after the patch on steam, my server was Dino capped. This was immediately off putting because that entire 100 plus hours was spent getting a spot to call my own, farming ingots and taming a few dinos for the purpose of breeding. The even was spent doing more of the same (farming materials and crafting).

aside from continuing to just build random stuff or mindlessly waiting for someone to say the cap is lifted for all of however many 1:1 dinos to be tamed again, or worst case leave the server for another or play unnoficial, I really can't do anything.

it just really sucks and on top of that we have a Chinese tribe that monopolizes the server as their parking lot and alliances with themselves to bypass tribe cap. Not only did I buy the game for myself but my gf is into it now and is equally discouraged after she farmed a ridiculous amount of stuff as well.

it just seems like an arbitrary restriction that is easily exploitable by whoever wants to have the monopoly on the server. Instead they should limit tribes per server and at least show you what the cap is before someone like me, who doesn't know any better invests over a hundred hours just to be hit with not being able to tamw or breed after investing that startup time. Obviously other established players can hop around to their other servers, bases and banks but I just got to a comfortable spot and am ready to actually experience the game, I shouldn't have to go rebuild for another 100 hours and potentially be capped again.

oh well.

/rant

12 minutes ago, DuoMogAgain said:

Find a good unofficial server.

I know it's painful to leave all your work behind, but you'll never progress through the game (cave runs and boss fights) if you can't breed a good set of dinos.

Yeah but if they don't pay their bill I lose all my stuff on any given day, no?

1 hour ago, ImSoCauZtiK said:

Yes but you can find advertisements and testimonials to unofficials that have been going for years right here under your platform section. Take a look and find settings that fit what you want to do in this game and read what people have to say. You're hooked in so may as well look for something that lets you enjoy this game.

I know this doesn't address the main issue of hoarder tribes and dino cap but it will at least let you experience the game which is the best and most intriguing game I've ever played at its best which is often times found on unofficials. (rates that fit your life, prompt admin help, etc.)

if you choose to stay where you're at you just have to be more stubborn than someone else to be ready to breed and hatch. People will leave so you just have to tough it out where they won't. Not ideal by any means but currently the only solution.

2 hours ago, ImSoCauZtiK said:

Some unofficials are run from home - rather than rented servers - which reduces costs for the owners.

Don't forget that WildCard can pull the plug on official servers as well.  In fact, they have shut down lots of servers and turned some into "legacy" servers with zero support.

I do get that unofficials are not for everyone.  I've tried official and unofficial... and ultimately decided to setup my own unofficial.

Archived