Hesperornis in Extinction

Raengoku

5 hours ago, Raengoku said:

Im really looking to tame these guys, the wiki says the spawn in the snow and desert but i haven't been able to find any of them. I've been looking everyday for about 3 hours for almost a week now. any tips to find them are greatly appreciated.

You might be the only person remaining who evens wastes their time on tame these birds.

6 hours ago, shoetrax said:

people may bother getting a few Hesperornis  because of this https://ark.gamepedia.com/Extraordinary_Augmented_Kibble_(Extinction)

I guess you may consider taming a few low Titanboas as an alternative until you get your hands on some golden egg laying goose 

lol whoever's going for the golden egg good luck. They are even rarer than titanoboa egg laying 

8 hours ago, shoetrax said:

fish is scares on extinction and in order for a Hesperornis   to lay a golden egg you would have to kill and drag a bunch of fish to it, an Ichtyornis could help out, but that's is too much of a hustle for me. 

quite a few fish in some of the rivers in the city. I see them there all the time.

4 minutes ago, shoetrax said:

what if you don't live in the city, or those places are already spawn blocked? it is scares compared to Island, Aberration or Ragnarok

If you're playing PVE, can't help you with spawn blocks.  If you don't live in the city well either travel there or setup a small base there. That's what I've done!  Come on, the world is your oyster, don't keep to one small part of the world, live a little!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ClanTKC said:

Tamed 6 kentros so I could get eggs for kibble to tame a high level yuti. 2 weeks of collecting eggs and looking for yuti, drop a 112, go to make the kibble and.. hesperomis eggs and ammonite bile. Unattainable resources.. thanks Wildcard for wasting my time.

Most people use mutton on yuty. You don't lose that much levels.

41 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Most people use mutton on yuty. You don't lose that much levels.

Some people are pretty strict when it comes to level efficiency for creatures witb kibble like yuty and mana.. Even a few level loss is a huge level loss to them and not worth breeding. Cant change those kind of people mindset.

Pretty sure you miss the point. The fact that WC releases a map where some of the items are unattainable is ridiculous. It's more egregious if you didn't carry your character over from another map and started with a new character. So many items literally can't be made or used. I can't use preserving salt or build adobe structures for example. My base is in the desert!

1 hour ago, ClanTKC said:

Pretty sure you miss the point. The fact that WC releases a map where some of the items are unattainable is ridiculous. It's more egregious if you didn't carry your character over from another map and started with a new character. So many items literally can't be made or used. I can't use preserving salt or build adobe structures for example. My base is in the desert!

The untameable hesperonis is an oversight and lazy coding, they just completely stopped cave tames, because people were taming the high level wolves, you can get preserving salt and build Adobe on extinction, you just need the engrams from scorched earth or ragnarok.

15 hours ago, Pellao said:

The untameable hesperonis is an oversight and lazy coding, they just completely stopped cave tames, because people were taming the high level wolves, you can get preserving salt and build Adobe on extinction, you just need the engrams from scorched earth or ragnarok.

Well, in a sense, cave creature were technically never meant to be tamed in most caves in the first place. I agree with the fact that they disallowing all creatures tamable in cave for Extinction is an oversight and lazy coding, but you got to remember that they never intended majority (if not all) of them to be tamable in the first place in most caves, not just Extinction. People exploiting that wolf reinforce that oversightedness of it.

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

Well, in a sense, cave creature were technically never meant to be tamed in most caves in the first place. I agree with the fact that they disallowing all creatures tamable in cave for Extinction is an oversight and lazy coding, but you got to remember that they never intended majority (if not all) of them to be tamable in the first place in most caves, not just Extinction. People exploiting that wolf reinforce that oversightedness of it.

Well excluding extinction, there's only a few caves where it's not tameable, island the swamp, ice, underwater and tek cave, in scorched just the snails. All the other caves can be tamed

Archived