Why are Corrupted Part Textures so low quality?

TheSlayerNL

Ever since collected some Dermis and put them on my Taxidermy Base, I noticed how HORRIBLE the Quality is regarding the Textures of the Corrupted Parts. Now I got a mod that allows taming Corrupted Dinos and it just is so obvious and ugly. Why did these textures get made SO BAD? 9B7B68B2EB3B435842FB96B4B8805AE88967C761

Just look at the Inner Parts, you can literally see how low resolution it is, even see some pixelation.31294E8F85DEED96CC6FA48418F11971158726B7

1 minute ago, Qwertymine said:

You usually don't get the chance to see these things when they aren't moving, so it doesn't really matter. You use a mod, you gotta deal with what you get.

Keep in mind, I also talked about the Taxidermy skins, you get to see those when they are not moving, still imo no excuse to cut on the quality of the textures, we live in 2018 not in 2000's.

well its a procedural texture from some kind of tech etching pattern which means its made by the graphics program they use maybe mari or even painter lol. versus the regular texture which is most likely done by hand using photoshop and/or with the 3d painter the studio uses but the look is suppose to be a zombie or part zombie look so it isnt suppose to be pretty looking. even if it was done with a higher resolution it would still look about the same because it just a pattern

I would hazard a guess that they skimpt out on alot of extinction stuff in favour of working on Atlas....................
Dont get me wrong though Extinction is a fun map (when ping isnt maxed out due to chinese players for some reason, its fine when they are asleep but ping goes up to between 182-255 constantly when they all log in)

Archived