Right way to breed gacha

arkark

As some would know, gacha breeding is broken. While sometimes they pass hours without eating a single piece of meat it is also a fact that sometimes its meat start to drop and they die pretty easily. Also, the food you put on their inventory they eat so fast without apparent reason.

So my question is, it is there any food that they eat in reasonable way so they can be raised safely without having to be a ton of hours looking at their food stat?

Also, if anyone knows, acording to wiki their production changes over time, however mine is 10.5% completed and production seem to be the same since beggining. Does they change production at any %, at the end, or that info is not correct?

Raising a baby Gacha.

The following method had worked for me on more than 20 Gacha babies:

1. Get it to an area with a trough full of Stone.

2. Take it off Wander and Follow.

3. Drop a fridge full of meat in front of it on the ground.

4. Drop about three or four stacks of stone too.

--- The baby Gacha will pick them up, and they will go into it's inventory.

They eat 20 at a time, that's why I add the stone.

If it gets low on meat, drop a few more stacks in front of it.

5. When it troughs, take what's left out of it's inventory. 

*They don't appear to actually "eat" from the trough, but all of mine have lived (so far).

** I'm not on official, I'm on PC hosted with an Xbox.

• 3 weeks later...
On Saturday, December 08, 2018 at 7:50 PM, Malechite said:

Raising a baby Gacha.

The following method had worked for me on more than 20 Gacha babies:

1. Get it to an area with a trough full of Stone.

2. Take it off Wander and Follow.

3. Drop a fridge full of meat in front of it on the ground.

4. Drop about three or four stacks of stone too.

--- The baby Gacha will pick them up, and they will go into it's inventory.

They eat 20 at a time, that's why I add the stone.

If it gets low on meat, drop a few more stacks in front of it.

5. When it troughs, take what's left out of it's inventory. 

*They don't appear to actually "eat" from the trough, but all of mine have lived (so far).

** I'm not on official, I'm on PC hosted with an Xbox.

Any update to this? Current method? New tips? 

The way i did it and sadly had to kill over 100+ adults due to over breeding.

I have 10 throughs full of yellow berrys, 5 full of stone, 5 of meat. Had 4 owls above on ledges. Had just 2 adult male and females gachas on wander in a building 500x300 foundations.

Came back 24hrs expecting to find them dead, and couldn't get in the door as there was so many of them. When i got in there, there was a lot of dead babies, whilst i was there though the adults we're killing some of the babies. 

So looks like once they get to a point that no more will fit in there they kill there own young... 

I checked the throughs and they were empty but only a handful of adults had low health. The rest were at full health.

My owls were and 3/4 health so don't think they fed much.

6 hours ago, Arklifepeeps said:

Agree, keep rendered without food in inventory and they will be fine. After Juvy you dont need to render. That worked for us

I want to reiterate this, raised 10 gacha last night and tried various tricks mentioned; they died when out of render or not on wander as babies on leash, when I fed one he ate like madman (even on my lower cosumption server) and i killed him anyways; no good production. Once they hit juvi it was easy sailing. 

Keep rendered through babystage, on wander on a leash. Make sure you dont accidently drop any food, it will eat no matter where. It was "eating" on my cliff platform when I tried, on my foundations, on my ground etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 12:41 PM, d1nk said:

I want to reiterate this, raised 10 gacha last night and tried various tricks mentioned; they died when out of render or not on wander as babies on leash, when I fed one he ate like madman (even on my lower cosumption server) and i killed him anyways; no good production. Once they hit juvi it was easy sailing. 

Keep rendered through babystage, on wander on a leash. Make sure you dont accidently drop any food, it will eat no matter where. It was "eating" on my cliff platform when I tried, on my foundations, on my ground etc. 

Was this on official or unofficial? Did they eat much after baby stage? 

I've tried a lot of things, and after I think 6 unsuccessful Gacha raises, I kinda gave up.  It simply isn't worth raising them unless you get a high-craft element dust baby, but even then Raptor Jesus help you with keeping it alive.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:30 AM, d1nk said:

Ive been raising a few today and what ive tried: I read on reddit if you leave the babies wander on a leash and DO NOT feed them they will auto feed.. tried it. Worked like a charm. The key is: You cannot leave render.

After it was juvi I threw it outside the ring and it seems to be fine just sitting there. 

I've lost a few as babies due to perfectly timed server crashes and internet outages but if I recall, I've lost 4 Juvy Gachas.  All have been in range of a trough, and in range of one mated pair of gachas, not on wander, food in trough, and they have all died anyway.  I don't know if it is just my server/internet connection but at a certain point the Gacha Juvy stops eating any kind of food whatsoever and must be forcefed, or else it just starves and dies off.  This happened multiple times with multiple growing Gachas.  I had one at 39% Juvy and I kept it rendered, verified it was feeding from parents, and then AFK'ed for 4-5 minutes to take care of some stuff.  Came back and it was dead.  The reason i say "feeding from parents" is because if I grab the Gacha with an Argy and fly it away from the base, it no longer receives the 250-300 food every ~40 seconds, so no other explanation really works other than that food comes from parents (or really, just a happy Gacha pair, in testing I found it doesn't have to be the exact parents).  I've tested that with 3 different Gachas, and baby or juvy I observed the same behavior.

This is on 1x official PC servers, don't know if its different elsewhere?  But after the hundreds, maybe thousands of things I've raised on this game, Gacha babies are one that is eluding me.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:46 AM, TheDonn said:

I've tried a lot of things, and after I think 6 unsuccessful Gacha raises, I kinda gave up.  It simply isn't worth raising them unless you get a high-craft element dust baby, but even then Raptor Jesus help you with keeping it alive.

I've lost a few as babies due to perfectly timed server crashes and internet outages but if I recall, I've lost 4 Juvy Gachas.  All have been in range of a trough, and in range of one mated pair of gachas, not on wander, food in trough, and they have all died anyway.  I don't know if it is just my server/internet connection but at a certain point the Gacha Juvy stops eating any kind of food whatsoever and must be forcefed, or else it just starves and dies off.  This happened multiple times with multiple growing Gachas.  I had one at 39% Juvy and I kept it rendered, verified it was feeding from parents, and then AFK'ed for 4-5 minutes to take care of some stuff.  Came back and it was dead.  The reason i say "feeding from parents" is because if I grab the Gacha with an Argy and fly it away from the base, it no longer receives the 250-300 food every ~40 seconds, so no other explanation really works other than that food comes from parents (or really, just a happy Gacha pair, in testing I found it doesn't have to be the exact parents).  I've tested that with 3 different Gachas, and baby or juvy I observed the same behavior.

This is on 1x official PC servers, don't know if its different elsewhere?  But after the hundreds, maybe thousands of things I've raised on this game, Gacha babies are one that is eluding me.

Thanks for your input, as someone who is really eager to be able to consistently breed these, I appreciate your information! 

• 3 weeks later...

Based on everything I've read and observed, it seems like the adults feed the babies. I had babies without food and they were surviving. Parents were around. The babies feeding made very little sense because they were eating like a stack of berries every 20-30 seconds. Eventually I kind of was like whatever I'll let them die and I come back and they were still alive. It's been about 3-4 hours without feeding them and they're still alive. They started doing this at about 7%(2 of them) and 1.5% and now at 11% and 5.5%. So it workes with both juveniles and babies. That's so far what I've observed, I'll keep people updated if it works the whole raise.

22 hours ago, ShellyHappy said:

Do the adult gachas have to be on wandering to feed the babies or only the babies? 

Nothing needs to be on wondering. The baby and the parents just need to be in render. I had a baby today and made the mistake of transferring servers for like 2 minutes while a tribe mate was across the map. As soon as I transferred out my mate got a message that my gacha died.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:06 PM, ShellyHappy said:

Sorry for your Gacha Baby. Thanks for the info that I can simple put them anywhere without wandering. It is boring  to always search the wandering baby.?

I'm not sure if you can put them anywhere, but you can definitely just leave them with parents. My parent gachas were happy but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I just know what works, just leaving them with the parents while you're online, but i don't really want to sacrifice another baby to test it. I'm on Xbox btw, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Good luck?

during this event, i have left all my gachas on breeding. as long as i claim them before they reach juv. i actually don't have to feed them. i have had a few die but, i have managed to raise about 3 without even feeding them once. im not sure what they are getting food from but, i watch them eat and watch their food stat jump up and down all the time. seems to be a little broken but, easy raise.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:11 PM, sluggo5 said:

during this event, i have left all my gachas on breeding. as long as i claim them before they reach juv. i actually don't have to feed them. i have had a few die but, i have managed to raise about 3 without even feeding them once. im not sure what they are getting food from but, i watch them eat and watch their food stat jump up and down all the time. seems to be a little broken but, easy raise.

Just a question, could you leave render distance and log off? Because im not planning on camping the last 70% maturation next to my gacha. I fed it stone in baby fase, and at 10% it ate berries from the troughs. But i read if you log of it just dies due to starvation.

3 hours ago, Likeitis said:

Just a question, could you leave render distance and log off? Because im not planning on camping the last 70% maturation next to my gacha. I fed it stone in baby fase, and at 10% it ate berries from the troughs. But i read if you log of it just dies due to starvation.

Yes, of course. The leaving server/maybe render thing is in regard to the baby stage. You don't have to feed it at all in the baby stage as long as you're online and maybe you have to be in render, I haven't tested it out. But I do know that if you leave the server your baby will die. Once it reaches 10% it will eat out of the troughs and be fine.

Archived