SirSlapANoob

Survivor/World Won't Save Windows 10

2 hours ago, valicetra said:

Still not fixed, but Chris responded in a Reddit post that they will try to incorporate a fix into next week's console patch. I am not hopeful at this point, but we don't really have a choice but to wait and see.

Thanks for posting this update. At least they're aware of the problem. I don't like that he has to "see what he can do". This should be priority #1 for next week's patch. No other game mechanic matters if the game cannot be played. They broke it, provided no roll back option, and just let us sit here for a month.

Hello,

29 minutes after starting ark the game crash.

If for some reason the game manage to autosave. Then it is followed by extremely bad graphics.

Snow owl is two pyramids flapping up and down as example.  Following a crash seconds to minutes later.

After restart i find autosave didn't save at all.

Xbox one the island yesterday's update single player.

Version 780.23

I opened single player to check turtle dmg numbers done by a Velonasaurs and I got my answer ,  two ( 2 ) damage per shot. 

Regards,

Ariana 

Edited by ArianaGaming

Im still having the same problem......

I try to host a non-dedicated server for me and my friends, but everytime i quit the game and then try to continue playing i have to create a new character....

The only map that does save is The Island... but it would be nice to play the full game not just one map....

Is there any new info?

Edited by Codepien

Im still having the same problem......

I try to host a non-dedicated server for me and my friends, but everytime i quit the game and then try to continue playing i have to create a new character....

The only map that does save is The Island... but it would be nice to play the full game not just one map....

Is there any new info?

18 hours ago, N8farious said:

Thanks for posting this update. At least they're aware of the problem. I don't like that he has to "see what he can do". This should be priority #1 for next week's patch. No other game mechanic matters if the game cannot be played. They broke it, provided no roll back option, and just let us sit here for a month.

The fact they come off as not knowing about this says one of two things.

1. They are not doing their jobs in the slightest. People have been going on about this for weeks.

2. He lied, they knew, and tried to ignore it.

Either way, it doesn't look good on them.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CarnoBebe said:

The fact they come off as not knowing about this says one of two things.

1. They are not doing their jobs in the slightest. People have been going on about this for weeks.

2. He lied, they knew, and tried to ignore it.

Either way, it doesn't look good on them.

Either reason is a good enough reason for me to stay far, far away from Atlas. 

So, I play on xbox one, but I do have it for windows anywhere as well, but doesn't matter which one I play on my singleplayer is not saving and if I use save world command it crashes and still does not save. So needless to say I'm annoyed and frustrated as I thoroughly enjoy this game but since the official (i feel premature) release so much on both singleplayer and multiplayer is bugged, glitched or broken and little is being done for the big issues that are making myself as well as i dont doubt many others extremely upset and unable to enjoy and play the game. I dont care so much if events or dlcs are delayed or dont happen I'm more concerned with the game not functioning on a playable level and THAT should be the main focus for you wildcard. FIX THE GAME, MAKE IT PLAYABLE AGAIN, then go wild with new maps, dinos, events to your hearts content. I know and understand glitches and bugs happen, but honestly how much testing and thoroughly looked over are the patches and dlcs? Because again, honestly, I dont think it's been gone over enough for release since with every new thing that's been brought out has made the game more and more broken, to literally the point that I cant even play singleplayer and multiplayer is barely playable some days. I also understand that fixing these issues take time and a lot of work, as on studying to a game designer/programmer, and games are by no means a simple or easy task. There is a lot that goes into making a game, not just time, patience and hard work, but scripting and coding as well as graphic detail, etc. No point in listing every aspect required to make and build a game, as well, there's just a lot that goes into game design and programming.

But I do thank you for making extinction so dinos are not falling through the map left, right and center as in aberration. Rather deal with dinos stuck in the air and floating upwards rather than falling or being pushed under the map with no chance of immediate rescue and resulting usually in death.

I apologize for the length of this, but I have been fighting with singleplayer since extinction came out and it's only gotten worse and a fix would be wonderfully amazing by christmas. And while I would love and appreciate a dev to reply, I wont hold my breath. Thank you.

Been waiting the better part of a month to see any sort of reply to my post for the same issue. Or any acknowledgment at all, anywhere. I think the Win10 play anywhere users are a small fraction of the customer base and by no means a priority. Best we can hope is they accidentally fix it, or enough people complain that it becomes an issue. I'm normally patient and understanding with issues like these, but they don't seem to mind leaving customers in the dark that already paid. Too busy working on a new cash grab (Nintendo Switch) to keep the rest of us happy (Already have our money).

And then they had a unscheduled patch to fix server crashing. Apparently to address crashes they don't have to go through the Microsoft certification prosses that slows everything down.

Guess save /loading problems aren't important enough for random patches though, so we get to wait...

As for Atlas, everyone that has asked me if I'm interested in it I've told the same thing. Not with a ten foot pole if this is how WC manages their games. It won't be worth a penny if it's not playable.

If a patch to resolve this doesn't get dropped by next week I think I'm going to start hounding Microsoft for a refund on a broken product.

I just wanted to chime in with my own frustration. I lost hundreds of hours of work after trying to upload my level 105 survivor from xbox and down into Scorched Earth on my PC. The Scorched Earth game did not save - even after about 4 hours of play - and now my character is gone. Just gone. And what makes it worse is this is the second time for me. Tried to log into xbox to see if a local save was available to no avail.  Not having a "save and exit" button for logout is just poor programming. It does not matter how wonderful the game is, or what plans Studio Wildcard has for the future of it, when everything gets lost who would want to continue playing?

Day 26. It has almost been a month with a proper patch for thi issue... Did anyone find a solution for this problem?? Or am I going to have to wait for another month?? Why did I buy this retarded game that I cant even play. The only thing the devs care about is getting more money by releasing it on switch. They are completely  ignoring the existing customers. 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:07 PM, Ootred said:

I just wanted to chime in with my own frustration. I lost hundreds of hours of work after trying to upload my level 105 survivor from xbox and down into Scorched Earth on my PC. The Scorched Earth game did not save - even after about 4 hours of play - and now my character is gone. Just gone. And what makes it worse is this is the second time for me. Tried to log into xbox to see if a local save was available to no avail.  Not having a "save and exit" button for logout is just poor programming. It does not matter how wonderful the game is, or what plans Studio Wildcard has for the future of it, when everything gets lost who would want to continue playing?

The exit buttons does save the game ((when it's working properly) and even force saving the map through console commands does nothing. The game simply won't save or load previous saves from before the update that broke everything.

I'm lucky I uploaded my survivor before the patch, so he still shows up to download, and I have downloaded him to check maps then ran to an obalisk to put him back because I knew if I logged out I'd love him for good. So there he sits in limbo waiting for the game to be playable again.

I have the same issue only on the 1 DLC Map I own (Scorched Earth). This is just pathetic Microsoft are so retarded for not fixing this yet. They need to Scorch in hell until they fix this ####. I'm sick of it they charge $44.99 plus for the NON Functioning DLC. The DLC should be free for godsakes because if it don't save and why don't it save? Well because Microsoft are stupid and there support is an absolute JOKE.  

I'm speaking on the Windows 10 Side of ARK

Edited by ProPC17

4 hours ago, valicetra said:

The exit buttons does save the game ((when it's working properly) and even force saving the map through console commands does nothing. The game simply won't save or load previous saves from before the update that broke everything.

I'm lucky I uploaded my survivor before the patch, so he still shows up to download, and I have downloaded him to check maps then ran to an obalisk to put him back because I knew if I logged out I'd love him for good. So there he sits in limbo waiting for the game to be playable again.

Same Exact Problem everyday (Windows 10 + No Saving on Scorched Earth)

3 hours ago, ProPC17 said:

I have the same issue only on the 1 DLC Map I own (Scorched Earth). This is just pathetic Microsoft are so retarded for not fixing this yet. They need to Scorch in hell until they fix this ####. I'm sick of it they charge $44.99 plus for the NON Functioning DLC. The DLC should be free for godsakes because if it don't save and why don't it save? Well because Microsoft are stupid and there support is an absolute JOKE.  

Dude it's not Microsoft at fault here. It's Wild Card, the game developers.

8 hours ago, ProPC17 said:

1. So are you able to play without issue on non DLC Maps like The Island, or is it only scorched earth? Most of us can't get any map to function.

2. Like N8fatious said, its WC's product and its them not fixing what they broke. Microsoft's only fault is selling us broken WC's software.

Come on WildCard!!!!  At least let us know you are aware of the issue and show the community that supports your company (WITH MONEY) at least a little respect and acknowledge the issue and provide a timeline for corrective AND preventative action...PLEASE.

I was out of town for a developers conference and HOPED it would be fixed when I got back.  Even got a new Xbox One X out of the trip.  Still can't save on the PC's...works just fine on the old and new Xbox. 

Welcome to CrossPlay Hell!