SirSlapANoob

Survivor/World Won't Save Windows 10

This is a known issue that has not been addressed yet.  It has been happening since Play anywhere version was released.  We were told before the holidays that they didn't realize that the Win10 version had the issue until after it was sent for certification and that they would have to send in a fix to get certified.  At that time they said that it would take about 3 - 5 business days to get it through certification but since it was right at the holidays they said it should be after January 1st.   We are now on the 8th and not one person from Wildcard has responded to questions about this patch.  It is sad we cannot use a game we paid for.   @Jatheish Can you at least give us some sort of acknowledgement this is being worked on and a timeframe for resolution?  This is getting crazy... we waited forever for play anywhere and now that you released it, we can't even use it.

On 09/01/2018 at 6:26 AM, SirSlapANoob said:

Im trying to host a crossplay server via my pc. when my windows 10 server is restarted it erases all progress. please help!!!!!

If this is happening for any map then I would like you to try this.

1) Open up your file explorer

2) enter %LocalAppData%\packages into file explorer

3) you will see folders for the main game and every DLC you have, the main will look like this StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38

4) Delete all folders that have the name Studio Wildcard in it

Restart your server, it may crash and if it does just start it back up again.

This worked for me, but if this is the Aberration specific issue, I am not sure this will work for you. But worth a shot.

On 09/01/2018 at 8:28 PM, CyberAngel67 said:

If this is happening for any map then I would like you to try this.

1) Open up your file explorer

2) enter %LocalAppData%\packages into file explorer

3) you will see folders for the main game and every DLC you have, the main will look like this StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1w2mm55455e38

4) Delete all folders that have the name Studio Wildcard in it

Restart your server, it may crash and if it does just start it back up again.

This worked for me, but if this is the Aberration specific issue, I am not sure this will work for you. But worth a shot.

I am on aberration and it doesn't work for me, guess we will have to wait for the patch.. I honestly think this patch isn't even submitted to certification:/ I tried to get answers from WC but i got nothing. Me and my friends haven't even played Aberration yet.

Edit: This issue has been patched on xbox one on 768.5 i think. Win10 version is still on 768.1 wich means that the patch is probably ready but not yet submitted to microsoft.

Edited by VapeLordJav

1 hour ago, VapeLordJav said:

I am on aberration and it doesn't work for me, guess we will have to wait for the patch.. I honestly think this patch isn't even submitted to certification:/ I tried to get answers from WC but i got nothing. Me and my friends haven't even played Aberration yet.

Edit: This issue has been patched on xbox one on 768.5 i think. Win10 version is still on 768.1 wich means that the patch is probably ready but not yet submitted to microsoft.

exactly the samere , replied to posts started my own still nothing , and again me and my players have not played it yet either

I have been playing the game through my boyfriends account for a while. Since we wanted to start hosting servers for our friends he bought the explorers edition and gifted it to me so I have my own copy of the game. He got the explorers edition so I could also get all of the dlc/ expansions which is exactly what we had been using since its what my boyfriend has. However after buying it for me I can no longer save my game on anything but the island map. The center and Ragnarok just crash, and I can play on aberration, scorched earth, and extinction but it will not save, even when I try using the saveworld command. It just started after he bought and gifted me my copy of the game and I don't know why its not working anymore. I mostly play it on a windows 10 PC but we bought it through the Xbox store. This is how I was playing it before through my boyfriends Xbox account and everything worked fine. I'm absolutely lost as to what could be the problem, or whats causing it. Since I would be the one hosting servers and it wont even save server data want to figure out whats causing it but I cant find jack squat. I hope someone can help, and any and all help will be immensely appreciated.

Edited by BlueMoonSurvival

I am getting this issue too, However The Center and Ragnarok are working fine for me. It is just the DLC maps. I'm all but certain that the issue was caused by yesterdays update somehow as I was playing scorched earth when the update came out. Saved and exit, updated, then loaded up a new aberration game. The aberration game did not save. I then found out Scorched Earth would also no longer save after that update. However I could reload where I was before it. 

I've tried numerous solutions online, most noticeably the "Read Only" problem but that isn't doing anything. So if anyone has a solution or even an update as to what on earth is happening that would be fantastic. 

*Update* I have a second computer that I tried recreating this. Once again after the update I am unable to save games on the DLC maps. Different computer, different xbox account, same problem. So I'm pretty sure at this point its an issue on either Microsoft's end or Wildcards. 

Edited by Darkeagle771

after the 780.10 update my extinction single player map got erased, i lost my character, my dinos and my base. The map seems to reset every time i leave and rejoin the game and the "SaveWorld" command doesn't work. I didn't saw anyone posting about this so i don't know if this is something that happened to everyone or just me

There's another thread in the General Bug reports for Xbox about this.  Its not limited to Extinction, its any DLC map. Aberration and Scorched Earth are doing the same. The Island however is not. I have it happening on 2 different computers on 2 different xbox accounts. So no you are not the only one experiencing this. However there has been no word of acknowledgement.

Edit: Ive seen a couple reports of the Island, Ragnarok, and The Center being affected too.

Edited by Darkeagle771

This has also happened to my boyfriend and I. We lost our characters on crossplay, but they still seem to randomly pop up or disappear(along with our base and dinos) if we sign on to our console. Completely gone if signing on via PC crossplay. My boyfriend uploaded his character via console to see if he can retrieve it on the PC where we normally play, but now his character is entirely gone.

Our Island characters are still there as far as we can tell, but who knows.. it'd suck to lose them with the amount of time and effort we'd put in to things there.

He debated just rebuying the game on steam, but I personally cannot justify giving them more money when they seem to just ignore things half the time.

Edited by CarnoBebe

21 hours ago, N8farious said:

Happening to me here as well. Lost several hours of time on Extinction and other maps. Unlike Darkeagle, all my maps are affected, I think. The Center is for sure. Hopefully there's a way to recover once this is fixed but I doubt it...

There might be. I wouldn't play around with it too much however this is Xbox Play Anywhere, two copies of the save files are made, locally and another set saved to cloud storage. There still might be an old save somewhere. 

Yeah...Same problem.  Can't save on the DLC.  I just downloaded the "Season Pass" from the Windows Store on Friday and wasted about 6 hours in Scorch and Aberration on 2 different PC testing the failures...Once it showed it's ugly head.  Sucks.  Playing, saving, re-entering worked just fine on the Xbox in Aberration.  I am trying a complete reinstall on one of my PC's now...not that I think it will actually do any good.  If the issue is related to a recent update, the WC "should" be working on it and a "hot-fix" should be out in a few days...hopefully.  Until then, I guess I don't get to play with my new toy that I paid for.  Oh, well...there are other games I can play.

-SFBG 01

I'm not sure if it counts, but I have had the same issue on my non-dedicated server I host with a friend. It still loads when I open it from the Xbox, but is a full wipe when I open on Win10 (which is where I actually play, and so does my friend), and we are forced to restart a survivor on each load. We did try a full re-install and it was unfortunately not helpful. This is on ALL of my maps, and we haven't even gone into Extinction yet. We had planned on uploading our survivors but I'm not doing anything until this is dealt with. I have seen a few threads in bug reports, but so far it doesn't look like anybody from WC has acknowledged the issue yet. 

I just wanted to reply to let you know that we share your pain, and to follow this post in case somebody finds anything out. 

8 minutes ago, Cimeies said:

I'm not sure if it counts, but I have had the same issue on my non-dedicated server I host with a friend. It still loads when I open it from the Xbox, but is a full wipe when I open on Win10 (which is where I actually play, and so does my friend), and we are forced to restart a survivor on each load. We did try a full re-install and it was unfortunately not helpful. This is on ALL of my maps, and we haven't even gone into Extinction yet. We had planned on uploading our survivors but I'm not doing anything until this is dealt with. I have seen a few threads in bug reports, but so far it doesn't look like anybody from WC has acknowledged the issue yet. 

I just wanted to reply to let you know that we share your pain, and to follow this post in case somebody finds anything out. 

Ohhh definitely don't upload the survivor. My boyfriend did this and it's now completely gone from both XBox and Windows 10.

I think WC is too busy worrying about pushing the game out on the Switch, according to posts on dev Twitter accounts and nothing said on the multiplying issues the game is having.

Somebody needs to go to the big gaming sites and bring this chaos to their attention. Maybe potential bad press will make them freaking move, or speak up.

Edited by CarnoBebe

1 minute ago, CarnoBebe said:

Ohhh definitely don't upload the survivor. My boyfriend did this and it's now completely gone from both XBox and Windows 10.

I think WC is too busy worrying about pushing the game out on the Switch, according to posts on dev Twitter accounts and nothing said on the multiplying issues the game is having.

Fortunately I do know that we are safe and sound on the Xbox. For now. I'm avoiding logging in at all on either system until WC does something.