Lost most of my people to a bad download from Nitrado

Frostinction Cluster downloaded Extinction on release day, had a full server of 50 players most of the time. We had uncontrollable crashes and losses due to what Nitrado called a bad download. It was only after almost 2 weeks of hell that they offered to wipe the Extinction map and relocate it to another server station in Miami. We lost 2/3 of our players from this incident. The players that stayed have been with us since the beginning and are friendly, understanding, and loyal . Matter of fact We keep adding maps because they keep donating even though we went through hell trying to play Extinction. Maybe it’s because I spent countless hours on the phone and computer with Nitrado and kept my players up to date, or compensating them for losses. Or that they knew I tried everything and this was out of my hands. This message is for you owners out there that feel like your the only ones or want to quit. And for the players that think server owners have everything Ark related in their control. And to the loyal, this is why we do this and go through all this, for you!

I'm grateful I haven't experienced these situations within my cluster. I also rent from Nitrado and have for some time. My hosting location for the cluster is New York. I believe some of the bugs owners experience are directly related to the individual machines at Nitrado's sites. This is why changing the location will usually resolve the issue because there's an issue with the individual machine running that particular server. When your location changes, or even if it doesn't and you simply reinstall the gameserver, it assigns a new server IP in which most cases will also change the machine running it. It is amazing what God like powers players think Admins possess.  Sure we have a good amount we have access to, but nowhere near what PC users have and definitely nowhere near what the general player base thinks we have. Console admins are very limited in comparison to what player expectations are. 

So the issues I have been having is loss of characters at the most random time. It is an issue where people are making accidental body bags, once I have my server switched to another machine the issue stops but it has happened a few times and my two servers had to be switched from a Dallas location to a New York location for my cluster. Also people were not happy with the invisible wyv eggs until we found out about the whip trick. These issues I had no control over and had to figure out how to fix them. It definitely has been a learning experience and taught me to not be afraid to ask for help when needed. I run my servers thru Survivalservers. 

Archived