Kill zone outside ark edge.

butterfly25

Seriously. I was given all of 5 seconds before the edge killed me, my wyvern, and my shine horn.  Losing everything, i go home grab my gryphon. Parking it safely and run in. Only halfway in I die again! And so does my gryphon! HE WAS INSIDE THE ZONE! And he still died! This is way OP. AND REALLY HARSH! Give at least a warning. I lost all my good ascendant gear and my cryopods with dinos in them! I was told not to go past the red towers. But I got glitched. Into the wall trying to flee. And it's hard to see where the wall starts. And where u can move safely. U have really screwed me. I'm very disappointed in u ark.

I got killed outside this area after a yuti agroed my magnamar this is bs not going there is one thing but when you cant even stop your dino from running out there is another please tell me this can be rectified my id is id is 991514693 dino name was purp please tell me this is not how its supposed to be if so stop spawning yuties at the edge of the desert it agors all the time and I lost a dino and all my stuff 

2 hours ago, jatiff1973 said:

I got killed outside this area after a yuti agroed my magnamar this is bs not going there is one thing but when you cant even stop your dino from running out there is another please tell me this can be rectified my id is id is 991514693 dino name was purp please tell me this is not how its supposed to be if so stop spawning yuties at the edge of the desert it agors all the time and I lost a dino and all my stuff 

You should have sprinted away before the Yuty get the chance to fear roar your managarmr. This is your fault at one end, since dino becomes unresponsive once they are scared, fleeing anywhere in terror and potentially falling into the kill zone. It won't be rectified, else everyone will ask for it.

I almost lost an owl when I accidentally got too close to that yuty.

26 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

You should have sprinted away before the Yuty get the chance to fear roar your managarmr. This is your fault at one end, since dino becomes unresponsive once they are scared, fleeing anywhere in terror and potentially falling into the kill zone. It won't be rectified, else everyone will ask for it.

I almost lost an owl when I accidentally got too close to that yuty.

He is not to blame with this. U can't control an out of control dino. 

I got stuck in a crevice. I thought it was a cave I saw wild dinos in there. Once the damage started I didn't have enough time to turn around. We all know the turn radius on a wyvern. And in a closed space turning around would take time. Which I didn't have. You literally have 5 to 10 seconds before your killed. This is not enough time!

1 hour ago, butterfly25 said:

I got stuck in a crevice. I thought it was a cave I saw wild dinos in there. Once the damage started I didn't have enough time to turn around. We all know the turn radius on a wyvern. And in a closed space turning around would take time. Which I didn't have. You literally have 5 to 10 seconds before your killed. This is not enough time!

it is his fault though. Everyone know Yuts will fear/knock you off fliers so don't let them get to close. 

2 hours ago, butterfly25 said:

It's ark, it's a survival game. You lost a dino fair and square to legitimate albeit unfortunate game mechanics. Getting the dino back from a GM would be basically cheating.

If it were due to, say, a server crash, or something, it would be a legitimate claim.

3 hours ago, butterfly25 said:

I wasn't asking for the dino back. I'm asking for more time to get out. More messages and/ or less damage when u go past. I'm a slow person it takes me awhile to register things. I have a neurological disorder. I'm usually fine but the rapid damage from the edge is too fast!

Sorry to hear about your disorder, but some advice would be to simply stay away from the edge of the map. I don't see why people feel the need to push the borders and get punished. The Red Nodes are easy to see, and it shouldn't be too difficult to stay away from them.

On 12/2/2018 at 9:30 PM, Qwertymine said:

Sorry to hear about your disorder, but some advice would be to simply stay away from the edge of the map. I don't see why people feel the need to push the borders and get punished. The Red Nodes are easy to see, and it shouldn't be too difficult to stay away from them.

Ty. And honestly I had forgotten about the red pillars killing u. I knew they were bad. Just forgot they killed u. Either way. Its not fair to have such a harsh instakill system. We have enough to worry about on ark extinction.

I do think this was in general poorly implemented and unnessicary. All the ark maps previously had a force field to prevent you from leaving the boundary an death zone runs counter to player expectations and is really just kind of a FU move by the devs that really doesn't fit the game.

I think it would have been better to simply use a radiation like mechanic with slower but still significant health drain. Enough to provide ample time to notice and evacuate the area. magical Instakill is never okay in a survival video game especially when it prevents recovery of gear and loot.

On 12/5/2018 at 7:20 PM, MikeLoeven said:

I do think this was in general poorly implemented and unnessicary. All the ark maps previously had a force field to prevent you from leaving the boundary an death zone runs counter to player expectations and is really just kind of a FU move by the devs that really doesn't fit the game.

I think it would have been better to simply use a radiation like mechanic with slower but still significant health drain. Enough to provide ample time to notice and evacuate the area. magical Instakill is never okay in a survival video game especially when it prevents recovery of gear and loot.

Couldn't have said it better my self. What you said is exactly what I wanted to say. Thank you!

eh i play alot of conan and it would be nice if the barrier was a bit more defined i hear the pinging and i steer back towards the center of the map but i've had friends die to it a few times and when i went and saw where they died it seemed like it was still within the pillars. but who knows really? Honestly i discovered it on accident trying to find the top of the map in the city.

Lore-wise, I get it. The implants are controlled by the obelisks, and leaving the obelisks' radius of influence, it goes haywire and kills you.  Game-design-wise, they could have simply put a barrier akin to the ARKs around the map with little lore consequence. Instead of you getting outside of the obelisks' radius of influence and dying, the obelisks prevent you from leaving their radius of influence. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in agreement and trust me, I'm all about this is a survival game.  Last night I'm on my Owl and going to the spot at the very top, 0 lat, 43.5 long in order to get oil. Guess what folks? There is oil there for a reason, so you can harvest it!  It's a decent spot too, one of the best on the map.  Typically I fly from the snow region and I have a route I take and have never had issues with the screen going red, or insta-killing me.  Last night I was at the Sunken Forest so decided to hit my favorite spot on the way home so basically coming to it from the opposite side of the map.  Right around around 10 Lat, 34 Long it goes red. I try to turn away but instead I'm insta-killed.  So your telling me that 0 Lat 43.5 Long is a legit safe spot on the map, but not 10 Lat 34 Long? That makes no sense folks and so I was screwed because of a wonky shaped map. 

• 5 months later...
On 12/2/2018 at 1:56 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

Unless your creature is so fast that you don't notice, approaching the limit by going past the towers give you a periodic warning beep, with the message telling you your implant is unstable and you should turn back.

I know this is a little late but this is bs. I just lost 5 tames in the space of 5 minutes and 3 whole inventories because of this red zone crap. when you're over by the king titan spawn there is no beep or procedural warning to let you know you're going to die it's just insta death 

"Forbidden Zone Extinction"

What is with the forbidden zone on extinction near the kind titan fight arena, i just lost 5 tames in the space of 5 minutes because there was absolutely no warning or "You're implant is overheating prompt" to tell me i was about to die, it was just insta death. I don't know if this is a glitch in the map because we all know how well widcard look over their maps what with the occasional tear in the mesh on rag or free mesh entrance on center. If this is a glitch please fix it asap, i'd hate to see more people lose tames over wildcard having an incompetent developer team. I hate to dog on the guys because they have made such an amazing game but when you frequently make such easily avoidable mistakes it feels like you just don't care about your community 

• 10 months later...

I know I am really late to the party here but the same just happened to a few friends. I was at base when the kill feed fills with their deaths and their dino deaths. They were at roughly 10 lat by 40 lon when it happened. No warning just numbers for damage saying 99999 was dealt. Is it really just a tear in map mesh that hasn't been fixed?

Archived