Would anyone know about a really good base location for my single player base?

BlackACE

East/northeast of the metal wall above the desert cave has a nice big flat spot it’s sorta on the hillsides just above the outer desert of the biome.  You will have to watch for corrupted spawning there though.  We just had a 150 corrupted wyvern troll the area today on official.  But truly nowhere is really safe from them in the end.  X plants and velons weighted down on agro on your roof would be my recommendation.

my build spot is on the other side of that wall above the cave, I took over the derelict structure just east of the wall.  Built my foundations and pillars across both sides of the roof the building and then built down into the space below. The openings around the building are super easy to gate off,  just have to watch out for one corner, it’s a trap you can’t get out of.  Block that off befor you fall in it if you check that spot out.

I'm setup in the northwest of the city. Right along the edge there's a globe-like structure with a terminal in it - directly across from that is a fountain/ponds with walkways, and a building. The 1st floor of that building has a huge nice flat area. There's a flowerbed in the middle, but if you cover with foundations, you can get a huge area (at least 12x20, maybe bigger). The front is nice and open so it makes a nice hangar and there's a ramp on the side for land dino access. The only thing that spawns up there is the occasional spider. 

This is the best place I've found - there are beaver spawns all over down by the globe thing, quick access to the wasteland to the north, and the snow/desert biomes are just a few minute flight away. 

If you're not concerned about land access, there's also a really massive overpass above it - nearly endless space for building.

on extinction single player your not limited to 1 location or even a central location, you can use the terminals to upload your gear and dinos and fast travel to other locations using a bed then just download your stuff from the terminal, the flat that was mentioned earlier in the desert biome has one right above it as well as another a bit to the north, easy setup to have instant fast travel access for you and your dinos, just put a bed and a box next to other terminals and you can be anywhere whenever you need to, also helps to have one of these directly in your base with the desert locale, since you can do all your farming elsewhere and never have to worry about aggroing a corrupted dino back to base,  my beds in the city linking it have only been demoed once while they were fixing the ele veins otherwise the new one has been up for 3 weeks untouched.  that spot in the desert is directly above the desert cave which gives access to ez poly

This is what i built in that derelict building in the desert above the cave entrance.  I have not one pillar touching the ground.  I was limited by the official server having a no build zone in a corner, I imagine on single player you would have more freedom. 

We just had to add gates in all the entrance holes at the ground level.  The rest of the area has a natural wall in the old building itself so very little was needed to close it up.

D01A83BB09E71C15C5FB99CCD848E9AEE941F948

Depends on what you like, I hear the forest biome needs more wild dinos, the city is great, you can find big flat areas to build on and it is centered, so you are close to all of the other parts of the map, pretty easy to farm most of the things you need.  Snow biome is a bit crowded, not too much open ground and full of danger. The desert biome is a bit lighter on the danger, but not too much. for safety I would say to pick the City, but even there some corrupted dinos can wonder inside, but you got access to Fish, that you need to acctually fish out for raw prime fish and the new Exceptional Augmented Kibble

Archived