Best way to take the ice titan?

Shauncole12

Our tribe has tried it once and succeeded, and I have to say with managarmrs you don't really hit the nodes but the actual titan. You can tell what your damage hits: the hitmarker is purple if you hit the node, and red in any other area.

I recommend using precision weapons, such as the fabricated sniper rifle: However, the node hitboxes (especially the shoulder) are buggy and shots that should hit it hit the boss instead, so prepare a lot of ammo.

Do NOT get it to the edge of the arena. If it leaps and leaves the platform, it will undo all the progress on your tame by healing the nodes. I recommend corralling it to the middle, for example if it moves too far one way, position yourself between it and the center.

Good luck!

• 4 months later...

Okay guys, so on my Singleplayer with default settings, I could tame the Ice Titan with Alpha stats after 2 tries. I had used Mana breath, Railgun & the pistol of MEK to no avail. Mana breadth was NOT giving the "1" dmg marker but was doing a lot of dmg to the Titan. Railgun was just too slow while the MEK's pistol did give me a lot of "1" hits but plasma shots from it was too slow to travel & used to miss the mark a lot. BUT,  finally I  could tame it using the strategy below.

It takes 2 direct hits from the MEK's siege cannon per corruption node on each of the 3 spots to tame it. SO total 6 cannon shells. I had about 30 in total. Keep in mind that to anticipate where the Titan will be when your shell hits it since the shell takes some time to reach it. 

PS: My MEK was primitive Lv 51 & the MSCM cannon was I think from Ramshackle 108% dmg blueprint.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived