ARK: Survival Evolved now on Nintendo Switch!

Jen

All gameplay footage for this trailer and screenshots below were captured using the Nintendo Switch.

ARK: Survival Evolved is launching worldwide for Nintendo Switch™ today! Everyone here at Studio Wildcard is beyond excited to be officially welcoming Switch survivors to the tribe!

large.ARKSwitch_screenshot4.jpg

Get ready to tame dinosaurs, conquer enemies and create enormous structures anywhere - on the couch, in bed, on a bus or even at school. Stranded on a mysterious prehistoric island, you must explore its vast biomes as you begin to hunt, harvest, craft tools, grow crops and build shelters to survive. Use cunning and skill to kill, tame, breed, and even ride Dinosaurs and other primitive beasts living on The ARK. Advance your technology from primitive stone tools to T-Rex-mounted laser cannons, as you team up with hundreds of players online or enjoy a solo Jurassic experience.  

large.ARKSwitch_screenshot9.jpg

Developed in conjunction with Abstraction Games, the handheld mode provides a fantastic new capability for survivors who want to immerse themselves in the vast worlds of ARK fully! ARK: Survival Evolved on Nintendo Switch includes the complete contents and features of the original game; from the massive and mysterious ARK island with many prehistoric and fantasy-inspired creatures. Hundreds of hours of exploring, crafting, survival and combat await players as they go it alone, or group up with thousands of other Survivors to explore the island and solve the mysteries of the ARK!

large.ARKSwitch_screenshot3.jpg

large.ARKSwitch_screenshot10.jpg

Nintendo Switch features include:

• Free Exploration: Explore the entire ARK Island!
  • Capture and Tame Beasts: Over 80+ prehistoric and fantasy-inspired creatures and dinosaurs such as the T-Rex, Giganotosaurus, Direwolf, and Yeti.
  • Harvest, Hunt, and Build: Cut down trees and turn them into a basic biome, hunt for meat and scavenge for plants, or start your own garden. Quickly develop these survival skills, as hunger, thirst, basic safety, and protecting yourself from the elements are all part of the game!
  • Customization: The extensive ARK crafting system allows players to mix and match materials scavenged from around the island, while also modifying the colors, textures, shapes and styles.
  • Mystery of The ARK: Solve the mystery of The ARK as you wander around the massive island, discovering explorers’ notebooks and clues everywhere to piece together the puzzle!

large.ARKSwitch_screenshot8.jpg

large.ARKSwitch_screenshot7.jpg

ARK: Survival Evolved scheduled to show up on the Nintendo eShop at 12pm in your local time in the following regions:

• Americas (US, Canada, Mexico)
  • Europe/Australia (Austria, Cyprus, Finland, Hungary, Lithunaia, Norway, Russia, Spain, Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovak Republic, Sweden, New Zealand, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany,  Italy, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Croatia, Estonia, Greece, Latvia, Netherlands, Romania, South Africa, United Kingdom)

Supported languages include: Japanese, Italian, English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian. Simplified Chinese will be supported once the Day 1 Patch is applied.

We will also be looking at added support to the Asia region (which will include Hong Kong) in the near future.

large.ARKSwitch_screenshot5.jpg

The last of the Nintendo Switch official servers will go online at 10am PST. EU/AU servers are already online!

large.ARKSwitch_screenshot6.jpg

We are truly thrilled to have our Switch survivors with us and hope you enjoy The Island in all its mystery. Just remember, you don't have to outrun that T-rex, you just have to outrun your next slowest tribe mate. ;) 

Keep on surviving!

You can keep up-to-date with the latest in ARK news by following us on Twitter @survivetheark or by joining our community forums right here on survivetheark.com.

View full article

1 hour ago, ArthurSataine said:

None of that was captured on the Switch.  So stop lying to us.  Game looks much worse than all of that media.  

I... I really really want this to be wrong, but I have the switch version, and there are no moments on the game where the graphical fidelity stays that good for the draw distance you guys display in the trailer. The game looks decent within a foot of the character's face, but drops off sharply over the next two yards, and is pure impressionism beyond that. Not to say that has made it unplayable, but after playing the majority of today on Switch, I've had to take two dramamine to curb the nausea the hyperblur effect has induced. I've really tried to keep positive all day, but this game actually looks to have been deliberately designed to run and look just like this. The game simulates the degree of shortsightedness that would prevent any normal person from driving a vehicle in any circumstances, and we planned on riding wyverns in this mode one day... Please tell us what went wrong? I bought cartridge form due to the claims made by the team in the teaser ages before launch. I wanted to be able to plug this cart into a refurbished switch 10 years down the road and be able to play the island in full for a nostalgia trip. As it is, I want to forget today even happened. I watched servers fill up as soon as I had the game in my posession at home, and when I logged off to take something for the headaches and nausea, I returned, determined to play more ark, only to find most servers had already emptied. Your day one audience burnt out in the span of 4 hours... The game isn't a buggy mess this time around... it's just a really really terrible compromise on the Switch. I've bought this game now on three platforms and season passes on the two that offered them. I don't regret the other two purchases at all. This one... this one scares me. Who decided to make the Switch release a version where you get to play through Lord of the Flies as Piggy?

• Thanks 1

I'm starting to realize the ARK team never replies, posts or mentions anything unless it directly relates to them making more money.

Disgusting company with the worst customer service of any gaming company I've ever played, and I've been playing games since the 90s. You guys are nothing but money grubbing, incompetent programmers.

We've asked so many questions on these forums and you guys don't answer a single one, yet you push these new posts when you have something to sell.

Wheres the updates on the bugs? On new servers for consoles? What's going on? You guys are really lame and that's why I haven't bought extinction. I won't be buying it because you guys are a joke and I know there will be absolutely zero customer service for any problems I'm bound to encounter. You guys haven't even finished fixing the bugs from the OLD maps.

Great game ruined by the developers who are only out to make as much money as possible with putting in as little effort as possible and it's clear as day. 

All your posts in the past couple weeks are flooded with unanswered questions. But you guys don't care unless it effects your bottom line and the amount of money you guys are gonna make.

Ever consider the value public opinion can have in regard to your company? No, you haven't.

Sad.

Anyone here complaining about the switch deserved to get their money stolen. This company has done nothing but prove their not worth jack poope and you still bought it. Shame on you.

Edited by robbydeath
  • Like 1

What a joke. Just brutal. Imagine how bad the lack of support and fixes will be? I once defended WC, but releasing this garbage along with a terrible expansion that doesn't render on Xbox single player - let alone split screen lag and blobs for graphics. 

You should be ashamed at the complete lack of quality control. 

First of all, ark has bugs and will always have them. But the game runs everywhere with +/- 30fps. I‘m fine with that, thats just ark.

Switch version has good (not great, obviously worse than ps4/xone) graphics in docked mode and performance is fine.

But handheld is really, really blurry. It is nothing compared to the GDC footage. I just hope that this gets solved as soon as possible. Otherwise the switch version will brutally tank.

Why is there no possibility to choose between less performance / better graphics and less graphics / better performance as the ps4 pro / xbox one x has? 

Pls for the sake of the switch version, take the feedback and improve it!

edit: wasn‘t it supposed to get everything from the original game? Shouldn‘t the center / ragnarok be included then?

Edited by Maxym

The link they have posted on here doesn't even work. It just takes you to a nintendo eshop page that doesn't exist. Why are they trying to push it out when it's not even accessible unless you buy it physically?

I'm on server NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland6 if you want to play with me. It'd be nice to have a teammate as I've been all alone on this server.