ARK: Survival Evolved now on Nintendo Switch!

Jen

This is insane. Instead of fixing the issues on platforms that already exist they decided to release this less-than-par port. On top of that... Atlas is releasing soon. Will not be touching either. Money grubbers.

EDIT: I'm sure the wildcard team is excited to release Ark on another platform and i'm not trying to take away from that. This port would have been much appreciated a while back. I just don't think it's right that they expect more money without having fixed most of their issues before moving forward. (Still waiting on a response for a ticket on PC I submitted 2 weeks ago.)

Edited by SakuraWulf

The Nintendo Switch is not like a Xbox or Ps4 or pro or X variant guys, you including myself are used to higher end quality graphics but the switch is advertising a level of graphics and RAM as a spec, ARK has used obviously all this and that is the end result.

ARK is not exactly a block buster title costing £59.99 so IMO buy it if you want to play ark but if you want more... well MORE then dont buy it for this console.

simple.

When i played ark for the first time on xbox it was shocking! a truly horrific nitemare but i was still hooked and enjoying it, each patch was a blessing and improvements were slowly being made. fair play tho WildCard, dunno how you made it even partially run on a Nintendo with Sega Mega-drive specs.

Keep up the struggle ;)

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 6:27 AM, SakuraWulf said:

This is insane. Instead of fixing the issues on platforms that already exist they decided to release this less-than-par port. On top of that... Atlas is releasing soon. Will not be touching either. Money grubbers.

EDIT: I'm sure the wildcard team is excited to release Ark on another platform and i'm not trying to take away from that. This port would have been much appreciated a while back. I just don't think it's right that they expect more money without having fixed most of their issues before moving forward. (Still waiting on a response for a ticket on PC I submitted 2 weeks ago.)

Amen!

The Game just updated and for some reason all official servers are down for me. Have no idea what the update was...guessing patches of some sort. I don't mind the graphics if the gameplay is the same across consoles but this gets me upset because it's like they don't really acknowledge the port that they released. Seems like it's not a priority to them but it should be I'm some regard.

2 hours ago, KATT802 said:

The Game just updated and for some reason all official servers are down for me. Have no idea what the update was...guessing patches of some sort. I don't mind the graphics if the gameplay is the same across consoles but this gets me upset because it's like they don't really acknowledge the port that they released. Seems like it's not a priority to them but it should be I'm some regard.

yeh i feel the same way...they just dropped the nintendo switch port and forgot about it...Its not being treated as other platforms. they dropped a patch and dont even warn us, no patch notes, no nothing.

Edited by Shake69

8 hours ago, Shake69 said:

yeh i feel the same way...they just dropped the nintendo switch port and forgot about it...Its not being treated as other platforms. they dropped a patch and dont even warn us, no patch notes, no nothig.

So far I noticed that the game runs a little smoother. Normally withing 2 hours, the game always crashes for me. 3+ hours in game and still barely lagging. Still when you try to mod, and quit the game, it still doesnt save your latest mods, it just resets it back to neutral. At least this is looking somewhat better.

Edit: Nevermind, crashed twice again.

Edited by BjornEvolved

I dont know how you guys play but I sit in Germany, connected the docked Switch to Wifi and got no laggs on the.servers. 

The game does not crash and I have no major bugs noticed. I had invisible dead dinos.but since the patch theyre visible.

It looks a bit smoother, definately. But there is still lot of potential.

Why are the other maps missing, even the free ones like The Center and Ragnarok? 

Are there any future plans to bring these maps to the switch? 

I don't mind the visuals as much as other players but there should be no reason why the game looks uglier than the mobile version. 

$60.00 for one map is a bit too much in my opinion. Hopefully these maps are introduced soon.

20 hours ago, WKTAJESS said:

Why are the other maps missing, even the free ones like The Center and Ragnarok? 

Are there any future plans to bring these maps to the switch? 

I don't mind the visuals as much as other players but there should be no reason why the game looks uglier than the mobile version. 

$60.00 for one map is a bit too much in my opinion. Hopefully these maps are introduced soon.

Like many others before I can say you will not get an answer from the developer. They just dont care.

I wrote E-Mails. They did not answer aund single one. 

We have to accept that we will either see the DLCs one day by surprise, or simply get nothing. Which is what I think.

Having fun playing on the non mobile version of my favorite game. Only issue I have is the graphics. I was walking along the beach and suddenly four Raptors just appeared right in front of me. After dying five times I managed to kill all but the highest level one. Four tranque arrows later and I have myself a level fourty two raptor. Her name is Polaris. She is now a level sixty one and my favorite dinosaur. 

If you are reading this and you have a even little power over wildcard please bring back host teathering adjustments it did so well and it did fine performance wise just some little hic ups but otherwise fine please bring it back im not a little child i just like this game and want to see it successfully grow

Edited by CooledBee63903
P.s im on xbox

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!Uhhh...Ark is already on a ton of things...Mobile, PS4..and other things..And now it’s also on the Nintendo Switch..I’m glad it’s on the Nintendo Switch cuz I have on but stilllllllll......Also..Uhhhh...I’m on a Local Server And nobody is joining...Its sooo boring and yeah....Also the graphics on the Switch are TERRIBLE!!!??Also...Whats with the different spawns??Like in mobile the Footaw Region is pretty safe..It’s most dangerous is probably the raptor...But on the Nintendo Switch I spawned in on a local server and died almost right away because of a Spino that spawned in the Footpaw Region..???

Hey..I was just wondering...Are there many people playing on the switch and also...if someone is playing on the Xbox or mobile and want to join a server...Can they join a server that have people from the Nintendo Switch in it???My friend wanted to know but she didn’t want to create an account cuz she to lazy XD