VenomousCrabs

Terrible Tek Weapons

The current PvP ground meta completely ignores the Tek weapons (and armour) available and I believe this is an issue.

Fully established tribes with spare element are still using fabricated weapons (shotguns, snipers) and even simple longneck rifles. This is for a few reasons:

• Tiers/Variants: the weapons previously mentioned can be found and crafted with much higher values (e.g ascendant 512% damage and 210 durability fabricated sniper). These variants can acquire a much higher DPS (damages per second) than the Tek weapons.
  • Reload times: the tek rifle and tek and tek railgun have stupendously long potential reload times (9 and 4ish respectively).
  • Ammo: obviously tek weapons shoot element. However it is just not worth using when a shot of a Railgun uses half of an element and only does the same amount of damage as a 303% longneck rifles, with it's ammo costing 1 metal and 6 gunpowder. That is a huge difference.

The solution is simple: either buff the tek weapons, or nerf variants. The only real use of tek weapons is shooting down forcefields, and even that is more effectively done with a Tapejara or a rex. This could be done by adding variants of the weapons only obtainable through boss fights (maybe particular special boss fights) or maybe some form of case which can be crafted with element and then opened to deliver a blueprint or two. Please correct me or add to my post in the comments below, maybe I am just using them wrong?

Thanks,

Crab

most TEK is just for show. The good stuff has already been nerfed (tape saddle. railgun range, MEK (if not already, soon), etc.

All the new TEK BPs from extinction are ridiculously expensive to craft and maintain with repairs.

Overall most TEK equipment is just not practical to use in combat from both a PVE and PVP perspective.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Demerus said:

most TEK is just for show. The good stuff has already been nerfed (tape saddle. railgun range, MEK (if not already, soon), etc.

All the new TEK BPs from extinction are ridiculously expensive to craft and maintain with repairs.

Overall most TEK equipment is just not practical to use in combat from both a PVE and PVP perspective.

One thing I could think of that would be a great buff to tek is just remove durability on the gear altogether. Then it would be a really expensive craft but low maintenance set, which would make the 75k ingot 3.5k element ascendant sets have more appeal.

Oh yea and please fix the rifle losing durability when it shoots rocks!

Edited by Wazzamaniac
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Demerus said:

Yeah, I guess turrets, troughs and generators are probably the most used. The forcefield is not bad either.

And yes but that sort of has to be the case with exctinction, it is so much easier to farm. It's basically broke Tek for people who do not own or play it.

16 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

One thing I could think of that would be a great buff to tek is just remove durability on the gear altogether. Then it would be a really expensive craft but low maintenance set, which would make the 75k ingot 3.5k element ascendant sets have more appeal.

Oh yea and please fix the rifle losing durability when it shoots rocks!

Wait, 3.5 k elements sets? For what?

Just now, VenomousCrabs said:

I did not even know that was a thing. How are they acquired and is this possible on official?

Yes, on extinction via high tier orbital drops and titan kills. They are limited to 3 crafts only, but are extremely expensive, and the weapons seem to not scale as well (approximately 50% damage scaling of a nontek weapon, with a high tier tek rifle being around 150% damage).

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Yes, on extinction via high tier orbital drops and titan kills. They are limited to 3 crafts only, but are extremely expensive, and the weapons seem to not scale as well (approximately 50% damage scaling of a nontek weapon, with a high tier tek rifle being around 150% damage).

Ah yes, the 'best' items on the paid DLC.

But fair enough, I am guessing they will probably buff the value or nerf the cost them. Can not believe I did not know that was a thing.

Just now, VenomousCrabs said:

Ah yes, the 'best' items on the paid DLC.

But fair enough, I am guessing they will probably buff the value or nerf the cost them. Can not believe I did not know that was a thing.

Dont get me wrong, once you get an ascendant set it is very very powerful. The armor can surpass 892 armor per piece (considering official server item stat clamp) as well as going over 1000 durability on ascendant. 

Weapons gain large amouns of durability, for example our 109% tek rifle blueprint has 3,5x durability. 

The real issue as you mentioned is the cost. Its ridiculous considering your game can crash at any moment and someone can drown and loot you.

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Dont get me wrong, once you get an ascendant set it is very very powerful. The armor can surpass 892 armor per piece (considering official server item stat clamp) as well as going over 1000 durability on ascendant. 

Weapons gain large amouns of durability, for example our 109% tek rifle blueprint has 3,5x durability. 

The real issue as you mentioned is the cost. Its ridiculous considering your game can crash at any moment and someone can drown and loot you.

yeah...But you do get close to a piece of element per dodi hit. 

3 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

892 armour is pointless tbh. Like 200 armour deflects a very very high percentage of damage (I am not sure of the exact stat), but high durability is always great.

Hmm, I guess durability is not a bad feature but damage would be nice too.

700 element compared to the usual 20 (that is an increase of 3400%) is quite the increase, probably just easier and cheaper to carry multiple sets at that point. Only main issue would be weight.

And well I think that is a separate issue on its own, PvE dragging bodies not belonging to your tribe. I do not see the point.

4 minutes ago, VenomousCrabs said:

892 armour is pointless tbh. Like 200 armour deflects a very very high percentage of damage (I am not sure of the exact stat), but high durability is always great.

Hmm, I guess durability is not a bad feature but damage would be nice too.

700 element compared to the usual 20 (that is an increase of 3400%) is quite the increase, probably just easier and cheaper to carry multiple sets at that point. Only main issue would be weight.

And well I think that is a separate issue on its own, PvE dragging bodies not belonging to your tribe. I do not see the point.

On pve it is definitely pointless unless you are fighting a bossfight. On pvp, it would be useful, except it is wayyyy not worth it for the cost on both gamemodes.

As for costs, It might just be affected by the same cost multiplier other ascendant gear sets are. And frankly it wouldnt be too bad if maintenance also didnt scale like that. Another way they could fix it is keep the crafting costs as is, but like the electric prod, keep a standard repair cost no matter the quality.

As for body dragging, I dont understand it either, but i guess it helps if you see someone unconscious, you can drag them out of danger. But it goes both ways.

41 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

On pve it is definitely pointless unless you are fighting a bossfight. On pvp, it would be useful, except it is wayyyy not worth it for the cost on both gamemodes.

As for costs, It might just be affected by the same cost multiplier other ascendant gear sets are. And frankly it wouldnt be too bad if maintenance also didnt scale like that. Another way they could fix it is keep the crafting costs as is, but like the electric prod, keep a standard repair cost no matter the quality.

As for body dragging, I dont understand it either, but i guess it helps if you see someone unconscious, you can drag them out of danger. But it goes both ways.

Yeah I guess a little, but the armour value still does not need to be high. It increases in a decreasing amount if you get me, like the difference between 100 and 200 hundred armour values is much greater than than of 500 and 600 armour values. 

Yes but a larger scale of ingots is much more appropriate because they are so much easier to get. The idea of changing repair costs interests me.

Surely it is the same principle as picking, and they disabled that for the reason of its ability to be an ass.

• Like 1

All the tek gear is just gimmicky. I mean a full tek armor set doesn't even protect you from the elements like extreme heat, cold, radiation or provide immunity to debuffs. The weapons are slow do minimal damage etc. My tek suit just sits in a vault collecting dust because it's basically useless. 

40 minutes ago, Agro said:

All the tek gear is just gimmicky. I mean a full tek armor set doesn't even protect you from the elements like extreme heat, cold, radiation or provide immunity to debuffs. The weapons are slow do minimal damage etc. My tek suit just sits in a vault collecting dust because it's basically useless. 

One thing its good for is torpor reduction. I believe its 75% of the armor value or something like that