The thing you don't want to see after doing a titan battle

Scyi

Once you knock a titan down -anyone- can claim it.

Which, for pve, is a really, really, really stupid design decision.     I don't like to criticize the devs usually (they take a lot of flak for what is a really amazing game), but this one is just misguided on PVE servers.    Any random jackoff can watch a tribe spend hours and lose tames and massive resources trying to tame these...and swoop in toward the end jamming "E" to claim it out from under them.

Yup thats what happened he came outa nowhere and claimed it before I even turned around. forest and desert titans have been claimed by 2 tribes for 2 weeks now one finally let forest go but now one tribe owns desert and forest, ice will probably be kept for weeks as well   so I guess we get to use none of them :(

I would be pissed off out of my mind. I'm sorry this happened to you. But nothing will be done about this cause these rats own this game.

I've never met a chinese player in this game that was acting half decent or fair towards other peoples' progress ( at least in my pve experience ) and I think they're the disease of this game.

need to make it so tribe only who summoned titan can tame it or loot it... not fair on pve players who work hard breeding and gathering gear to take these beasts down. same with drops and element viens. nothing worse than spending 30 mins working a vein

or drop for some box tribe to swoop in and steal your hard work. 

I have never noticed any other reasonable tribe do this. Only the weird boxxer tribes that spam squares and numbers in global all day long. If I wanted to look at that I'd grab my old maths homework from secondary school.

We had it happen that our vein or loot was stolen when they are "just watching" and then swinging in with their whip at the drop or mining the main node of the vein. 

SCREW those guys they deserve 0 respect. Unless I meet an exception.

3 hours ago, Migol said:

I don't like to criticize the devs usually (they take a lot of flak for what is a really amazing game)

Correction:  They take a lot of flake for what is a really amazing CONCEPT because of the plethora of execution errors on their part.  I don't believe in jumping on a hate bandwagon, because that's foolishness and accomplishes nothing.  Wild Card has a history of doing things half-way.  I've been here since the beginning.  I've seen basically everything bad that has happened as it happened.  I can attest that the way they have handled almost every situation that has come up has been the wrong way. 

In this regard, it is indeed a case of PvE needing a separate balance from PvP.  Simply put, on PvE, titans should be tamable only by the tribe that cleanses the corruption.  On PvP, it's understandably the right choice to not make it that way, though, I think perhaps there could be a 2 minutes timer for PvP, even.

The problem I see here, though, is the fact that Wild Card has never understood the need for segregated balance.  Things like the plant z nerf on abberation, movement speed nerf, flier nerf, giga nerf, and many others have all been in the name of PvP, but they have all had dramatic effects on PvE.  In almost every one of these cases, the effects on PvE have done nothing but take away things from the game that weren't a problem.  Yes, most of these were "necessary" in PvP, that is to say that there were problems to address about these situations with PvP balance to consider.  The actual actions were either done in a way that is very unoriginal (nerf movement speed per level!!!) or could have been done specifically for PvP alone.  Wild Card has no imagination for balance changes.  In regards to the movement speed nerf, an imaginative fix for it would have been to have movement speed directly correlate to a metabolism.  Higher metabolisms burn through calories much quicker.  This causes you to become hungrier much faster.  Higher metabolisms become weaker faster due to hunger, and have a higher risk of passing out.  Instead of reducing movement speed gains per level, they could have just increased the starvation rate based on movement speed and also increased the torpidity once starving.  Couple that with a need to slow down or stop while eating, and BOOM creative fix for movement speed issues.

I was playing with my friends on a ps4 server I finally got ps4 plus. we hurried on boosted server yet it still took a week to finally beat a titan the next few days we tried taking the dessert titan.  We were getting our buts hammered by it then a neighbouring tribe came in we knew them and we had traded stuff with them and we offered for them to help us and when they go titan taming we would help. Anyway back to the stories they were sitting on the side line occasionally tag teaming with our players that were exhausted. We eventually got it down then all of a sudden there rookie runs in and claims it throws a saddle on and runs off with it and since it was pve we couldn’t do squat seriously what the f*** is this logic I lost my mutated snow owl and ice drake for nothin. change this plz otherwise people will quit and just not come back two of my friends already quit and deleted the game now they just stay on fortnite plz just don’t be dooshbags and change it I don’t want to quit ark but if theese

things happen again I won’t hesitate I am sick of things like this ruining ark

Archived