Remove corrupted dino turret resistance

Agro

To be honest, I prefer they keep that reduction in. Anyone with access to aberration engrams "charge battery" can easily cheese almost all osd and vein with turrets if there are no absurd resistance from corrupt.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like the fact that this makes it hard to defend the base against aggressive Dino, especially corrupts, but it will make osd and veins look like a joke since anyone can literally just throw in tons of bullet, 1 or 2 battery per turret and leave it while afk around the area.

38 minutes ago, Mushu said:

Agreed with above comment but how about putting a no build zone around the OSD's? (or even just while OSD is active?). Most (smart) people wouldn't build in wasteland anyway due to corrupted and would protect bases that are on the fringes from having them baited to drain turrets/bring down outer walls.

That will hurt other strats that aren't as over-powered, such as spike walls.

15 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

That will hurt other strats that aren't as over-powered, such as spike walls.

yeah can see that hurting PvE servers mainly, for PvP i guess it is the trade off in order to have more viable base locations. just quietly id gladly give up that strat if it meant increasing overall player satisfaction (definitely wouldn't be the most controversial thing the devs have done in the past haha) - Id hope the majority is the same but its the world we live in.

-Edit- 
To add to this id argue there are more ways to approach an OSD or ele vain, removing this strat wouldn't really damage the integrity of completing these due to the plethora of dinos that you can use. changing this wouldn't have a major effect on players ability to complete them, where on the other hand bases being easily destroyed (and by extension their ability to even build up to do the drops/veins) with little effort is a far more imbalanced issue IMO.

1 hour ago, Mushu said:

yeah can see that hurting PvE servers mainly, for PvP i guess it is the trade off in order to have more viable base locations. just quietly id gladly give up that strat if it meant increasing overall player satisfaction (definitely wouldn't be the most controversial thing the devs have done in the past haha) - Id hope the majority is the same but its the world we live in.

-Edit- 
To add to this id argue there are more ways to approach an OSD or ele vain, removing this strat wouldn't really damage the integrity of completing these due to the plethora of dinos that you can use. changing this wouldn't have a major effect on players ability to complete them, where on the other hand bases being easily destroyed (and by extension their ability to even build up to do the drops/veins) with little effort is a far more imbalanced issue IMO.

I beg to differ. A well placed wall of turret can easily shred almost everything long as they remain powered and stocked if the resistance is removed. Most tribe will use them for legendary osd if that happens. Turret broke ?no problem, just replace them.

5 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

I beg to differ. A well placed wall of turret can easily shred almost everything long as they remain powered and stocked if the resistance is removed. Most tribe will use them for legendary osd if that happens. Turret broke ?no problem, just replace them.

Not exactly sure what your getting at there, Removing the turret nerf to corrupted would protect the base... having no build zone for OSD's and Ele vains would prevent them using turrets to cheese, while still allowing protection for bases from the corrupted baits.

Archived