I can't find any enraged/alpha rexes...

Mctoozle

The most consistent spot for killing enraged rexes is down south east, on the plateau at 61, 90. I can get 2-3 enraged rexes to spawn every 10-15 minutes by constantly killing every living creature in the vicinity.

Just beware that wyverns, reapers, gigas and rexes are more than common in that sector.

Regards.

There is a OSD drop site on a high cliff near the red dome.  We've come to calling it the "unintentional hard mode".  We have them spawn ALL the time there.    It got so bad that with the spawn mechanics with a blue OSD, we were getting them with every wave or so (which was hilarious) and then a few more after the OSD was done.  We have arm-wrestling matches for that area so we can get more xp from them.  XD

Just beware.  It seems as though the spawn timers for nasties in that area is very fast, and wyverns and reapers are also common spawns in that particular area.

16 minutes ago, PoseidonEvil said:

did enraged dinos take the place of alphas on extinction or something?

Kind of. I don't think you can find a normal alpha rex on the map. I believe you can find the rare alpha raptor down in the ravine with the megalosauruses. I don't think you get any additional loot from an enraged rex beyond the alpha tooth though. Like you won't get a journeyman pick or xbow or w/e...

2 hours ago, Scrysis said:

There is a OSD drop site on a high cliff near the red dome.  We've come to calling it the "unintentional hard mode".  We have them spawn ALL the time there.    It got so bad that with the spawn mechanics with a blue OSD, we were getting them with every wave or so (which was hilarious) and then a few more after the OSD was done.  We have arm-wrestling matches for that area so we can get more xp from them.  XD

Just beware.  It seems as though the spawn timers for nasties in that area is very fast, and wyverns and reapers are also common spawns in that particular area.

We discovered that on a yellow drop the other day. Had enraged rexes on every wave. Lol

our gigas were full when they died, and everyone thought I was crazy for dismounting every time to grab the claws while the hoard of corrupted ran past me. 

2 hours ago, Mctoozle said:

Kind of. I don't think you can find a normal alpha rex on the map. I believe you can find the rare alpha raptor down in the ravine with the megalosauruses. I don't think you get any additional loot from an enraged rex beyond the alpha tooth though. Like you won't get a journeyman pick or xbow or w/e...

Normal alpha rexes do spawn on the map as I saw some near the green obelisk.

Okay, I tamed an ice titan and I was able to get 10 alpha rex teeth in 5 waves of a purple OSD! I lost a velonasaur and all my other dinos were beat up pretty bad by the time I ended the OSD. I saw that my titan had killed 4 enraged rexes and was happy to see that he got 2 teeth from each rex. My giga killed another one on the opposite side of the OSD and got 2 teeth from it. Time to play with king titan o.0

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2018 at 9:40 PM, Darkholis said:

The most consistent spot for killing enraged rexes is down south east, on the plateau at 61, 90. I can get 2-3 enraged rexes to spawn every 10-15 minutes by constantly killing every living creature in the vicinity.

Just beware that wyverns, reapers, gigas and rexes are more than common in that sector.

Regards.

Thanks!

Lol since everyone is inputting here is more accurate info.

enraged rexes, you can find those in 2 types of things/places, there are natural spawns in the Far East area, just outside the desert dome (you will need to walk up the hill), there will basically always be one natural enraged Rex there, followed by wyverns reapers and gigas (all uncommon to rare-ish spawn).

the other option is to start up purple drops, you'll face a ton of enraged rexes there, but keep in mind they scale from 450+ (they breach lvl 500 around wave 8+) and they take a huge beating.

the other alpha spawns (old fashion) is found south of green ob, in the slop that transitions from wasteland to city, you'll most likely find alpha raptor, Carno and rexes there, but it is a very low chance. There is also a alpha raptor spawn over where the megalania, sarco and megalos are.

overall your best choice is just to keep an eye out on the Far East, just north of desert dome (border of map), as the enraged rexes are much easier to kill than purple drop, and you don't depend on rng for the alpha Rex spawn.

10 hours ago, Timelord83 said:

I've seen an enraged rex between green obi and sulfur zone  10 or so times now

You know what a purple drop is yes? When people fail purple drops due to alpha rexes, those dinos will stay, only wyverns are despawning (due to people kiting) or ending the waves early. The only natural spawn for enraged Rex is the edge of map just north of desert biome.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:07 PM, Pellao said:

You know what a purple drop is yes? When people fail purple drops due to alpha rexes, those dinos will stay, only wyverns are despawning (due to people kiting) or ending the waves early. The only natural spawn for enraged Rex is the edge of map just north of desert biome.

these are not near drops.. and since our server doesn't do purples normally its inconsistent with the sightings. Also i'm talking 60 35 on the map no where near the desert biome deff not to the north of it.

24 minutes ago, Timelord83 said:

these are not near drops.. and since our server doesn't do purples normally its inconsistent with the sightings. Also i'm talking 60 35 on the map no where near the desert biome deff not to the north of it.

On official? I know very well the enraged Rex spawn in just a bit north of desert biome near the border, and it's a guaranteed spawn, can even use the s+ transmitter to find out that's where they spawn as well

1 minute ago, Pellao said:

On official? I know very well the enraged Rex spawn in just a bit north of desert biome near the border, and it's a guaranteed spawn, can even use the s+ transmitter to find out that's where they spawn as well

yes on official.. and i'm not saying they don't spawn where you say they do.. i'm saying the spot i'm talking about is not the same spot

Archived