roleplay ARK Extinction ForceTame and Rideable King Kaiju?

xXBlackApostle

As an RP Server Owner on ARK, I’ve always been a fan of the addition of Meks, Titans, Exotic Tames, New Structures, Mechanics and Explosions! However, after seeing the King Kaiju in Extinction and that Titans were uploadable, I tried to tame and ride it as an RP Element on the Server. However, after taming the King Kaiju it still acted Aggressive and I couldn’t ride it. This was a let down. The topical discussion is on whether or not it would be a good idea for the King Kaiju to be Rideable via ForceTame command. It would definitely in my opinion make the game far better in its addition to RP Gameplay as well as for the Mega Mek.

Yes, while they are powerful, what if they were only tameable and able to be kept by spawning them in on ANY Ark and using them via Admin Commands?

43AFA6C3-9987-4C24-AE02-203D4757730A.jpeg

Simply put, it would throw off the balance of the game if they were tamable via forcetame. Mega Mek were put exclusive to only summonable during Alpha King Titan fight because of that (prior to this, they were summonable outside, but only last for minutes before exploding)

RP or not, most people nowadays only focus more of "how op it is".

On 11/27/2018 at 8:54 PM, Vaculity said:

Simply put, it would throw off the balance of the game if they were tamable via forcetame. Mega Mek were put exclusive to only summonable during Alpha King Titan fight because of that (prior to this, they were summonable outside, but only last for minutes before exploding)

RP or not, most people nowadays only focus more of "how op it is".

Indeed, however why not simply add new mechanics? Because the DLC while massive and introducing very few cool tames and a few elements and a huge map, was a bit of a let down. Why not allow admin commands change that? For example as a server owner myself, I could spawn in the King Kaiju and ride it as an RP Beast. Only having a Mega Mek semi-tameable and no trample damage to tiny creatures, it almost seems like a cheap job and low effort/budget. Maybe this could give it more support from the RP Community within Ark? How could it be OP if it can only be tamed with admin commands? It means that no normal Official Server could have Alpha Tribes using them. Only by Admin commands can the King Kaiju be ridden. 

12 hours ago, xXBlackApostle said:

Indeed, however why not simply add new mechanics? Because the DLC while massive and introducing very few cool tames and a few elements and a huge map, was a bit of a let down. Why not allow admin commands change that? For example as a server owner myself, I could spawn in the King Kaiju and ride it as an RP Beast. Only having a Mega Mek semi-tameable and no trample damage to tiny creatures, it almost seems like a cheap job and low effort/budget. Maybe this could give it more support from the RP Community within Ark? How could it be OP if it can only be tamed with admin commands? It means that no normal Official Server could have Alpha Tribes using them. Only by Admin commands can the King Kaiju be ridden. 

Mega Mek was coded to explode if it was spawned outside the Alpha King Titan map. No way around that to override it unless someone makes a mod that duplicate of Mega Mek without that feature.

And any admin can easily just spawn it and wipe all if he or she wanted to.

2 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Mega Mek was coded to explode if it was spawned outside the Alpha King Titan map. No way around that to override it unless someone makes a mod that duplicate of Mega Mek without that feature.

And any admin can easily just spawn it and wipe all if he or she wanted to.

Any admin could spawn a high level Mek with an Ascendent Cannon and infinite ammo to wipe stuff out too, I don't see how forcetaming and riding the King Kaiju would be out of the question for addition.

3 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Any admin could spawn a high level Mek with an Ascendent Cannon and infinite ammo to wipe stuff out too, I don't see how forcetaming and riding the King Kaiju would be out of the question for addition.

That’s true! In addition, it would be for RP Purposes as it could play as an ambient feature that roams the map. The same could be done for the Mega Mek but it is all down to the Developers as of course people could abuse the Mega Mek and spawn it in other servers that way. So if it was only possible through using Admin Commands to spawn it in, then it would be flawless in its attempt to block loopholes.

23 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

I mentioned Mega Mek, not just Mek. Mega Mek that are forcespawned will only last for a short while outside Alpha King Titan arena.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:20 PM, Qwertymine said:

From what I've seen, the Mega Mek will remain alive if Infinitestats is active. You'd have to try.

It automatically triggers "Self-Destruct Intitated" the moment there is absence of a living Alpha King Titan. Putting it simply, it vanishes after a while, even with InfiniteStat.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:19 PM, Vaculity said:

It automatically triggers "Self-Destruct Intitated" the moment there is absence of a living Alpha King Titan. Putting it simply, it vanishes after a while, even with InfiniteStat.

The footage I saw must have been from a time when you didn't need an Alpha King Titan, or it was simply a glitch. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/28/2018 at 8:39 AM, xXBlackApostle said:

As an RP Server Owner on ARK, I’ve always been a fan of the addition of Meks, Titans, Exotic Tames, New Structures, Mechanics and Explosions! However, after seeing the King Kaiju in Extinction and that Titans were uploadable, I tried to tame and ride it as an RP Element on the Server. However, after taming the King Kaiju it still acted Aggressive and I couldn’t ride it. This was a let down. The topical discussion is on whether or not it would be a good idea for the King Kaiju to be Rideable via ForceTame command. It would definitely in my opinion make the game far better in its addition to RP Gameplay as well as for the Mega Mek.

Yes, while they are powerful, what if they were only tameable and able to be kept by spawning them in on ANY Ark and using them via Admin Commands?

43AFA6C3-9987-4C24-AE02-203D4757730A.jpeg

if only, but then the titan can spawn corrupted, so can you then make an army? and a king kaiju is also good to build technically a entire tribe and village on. so these are my thoughts about it. hope you think these are good and that maybe [MAYBE!] devs also like these ideas

• 10 months later...
On 11/6/2020 at 2:07 PM, ZeroFusionDrift said:

But like how does one forcetame it?

Be admin or in single player, target it, then write "forcetame" in console.

And yeah, like people already mentioned, the "reason" it's not tameable is it was never intended for players to ride. What that actually means practically is, designers and programmers don't spend unneccessary time animating and programming player-controlled movements for a creature that is never going to be player controlled. Employees cost money, so for every penny spent on a particular task there has to be some kind of (economical) justification. Would adding a rideable King Titan result in a surge of new Extinction DLC purchases?

Archived