WolfasaurusRex

List of Bugs I have discovered on Extinction

1) Meks lose fuel overtime when not being piloted, and will "die"/delete themselves when they "starve".

2) Titan cooldown timers reset to 6 hours after server restarts, and only countdown when the cave is loaded in/out of stasis by a player. Otherwise they will remain at 6 hours indefinitely.

3) Scrap Metal glitches out after server reset, it's description changes to that of raw metal, and it cannot be smelted at all, also refining forges glitch out after resets and will no longer accept Scrap Metal. A new forge has to be made.

4) Fragmented Green Gems only work as Green Gems for some items, for example, you cannot craft Climbing Picks because they do not recognize the Fragmented Green Gems as Green Gems.

5) All lighting will rarely turn off sometimes in bio-domes. Friend picked up artifact and immediately lost all light in the world. Rejoing the server corrects the problem.

6) Clients freeze for 3 - 5 seconds every time a Meteor event starts.

7) Sometimes the Cryofridge will not recharge Cryopods. Very intermittent.

(8) Mek Sword after patch v287.110 misses practically all of the time it is swung, it's extremely bad.

9) The Artifact of Chaos when on an Artifact pedestal only glows like 5% of the time at best when it's pulled from stasis. 95% of the time it's blue glow is absent. 9AEB260DB44019C129136A74466A018E9D6868F8

Edited by WolfasaurusRex
  • Thanks 1

Guest chancho33015

It has been a few weeks since the new DLC has come out. It has been a fun experience "Map wise" but it is sad to say that gamplaywise it has been the most disappointing DLC so far.

Still to this day (11/28/2018) everyday people find more and more ways to exploit Extinction.

1. People already found out a way to keep titans for themselves without dying on PVE official.

2. Cryopods ruins Imprints for babies.

3. meshing is unavoidable.

4. People lure easy anything corrupted to bases on PVE ( why do this people not play pvp is beyond me).

5. Gachas were nerfd...

6. Titans dont last anymore 5 days.

7. People can come and ruin your tames easy with the snow owl. (unconcious dinos dont get torpor while being heal by TROLLS on pve).

8. Map is hypermega laggy most days (low performance official PC servers)  

9. Massive lag makes Managarms usless as their frost breath misses EVERYTHING.

10. Some items are impossible to make even with the tek replicator...again...

These are a few problems i have encountered over the past 2 weeks. 

One thing that it bothers me is the titan glitch. in my server 459 pve Official PC there is a tribe who found out how to never let the Desert Titan die...so he has a permanent titan...so...no one can do the ultimate boss...is terrible...I HATE IT.

When will WC test their game DLC before coming out. I mean, this is things that are impossible to miss if you were to test the server gampelay with actual gamers. Can't they hire someone who has play this game for at least 10k hours that knows his/her way around it to find this errors in the map and gameplay? 

Like...i dont know what to say anymore...

Guest chancho33015

1. Cryopods make you lose your imprint.

2. Titans (desert Titan) can be tamed and kept for ever.

3. Undermeshing (literal holes) 

4. Lag causes players to glicht to the limit of the map which kills you instantly.

5. The more titans tamed the less performance on official PVE servers.

6. corrupted dinos can easily demolish anyone's base in seconds. Causes players to increase turret usage which lowers servers performance and any player to lag while passing close to a base filled with turrets. Not to mention some dinos after not doing high level drops cant take a lot of damage rendering base protection usless. As Tek can be demo easly by corrupted dinos.

7. badly balance in terms of resources. I am guessing is to give the gachas a purpose but gachas produce very slow resources after being fed stones or berries. Not to mention is not like you can have ten in one spot because they get depressed. Seems like a fun mechanic...yet very annoying.

8. Corrupted wyverns never lose aggro. Which is cool...but, then that means that anyone can drag them easily across the map.

9. Servers are pillared like crazy ( this is not Wildcard's Fault) but i think is worth mentioning because this proves that most players are hostile still even though they dont need to build massive bases. 

10. Server performance overall very irregular. sometimes there are 50 people playing and is perfect...sometimes there are 5 people and is impossible to pick a darn stone. 

3 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

1. Cryopods make you lose your imprint.

3 hours ago, chancho33015 said:

8. Corrupted wyverns never lose aggro. Which is cool...but, then that means that anyone can drag them easily across the map.

Can you specify? On the Cryopod part. Do you mean as adults, or while the baby is raising?

And on our PvP server, unoffical 10x all, wyverns do lose aggro to other dinos. Example, a level 50 was aggroed to our dino gates while we were getting our first snow owls and we led it into a mammoth and it deaggroed.

The resources are plentiful, enough, if you know where to look, they're just spread out and more dangerous to get to. 

I agree with the rest of your attachments though. (Might wanna move to bug section)

Edited by TINYMAN
added info

id like to report the whole dlc as a unplatable bug what an utter farce we waited a year for

Managarmr stick on rocks dodos beetles thisis a large dino isnt it,cant jump land on a rock and sticks,wheelies on bk laeegs after a fight,the hitbox is a joke,

the whole map can be undermeshed,theres been no real attention to detail here you can see that by the sloppy design of the whole map.its certainly been mirepresentated by wc in any promos as has the whole dlc

Tell us how many hours real playtesting this has had???

dinos can breach 3 sheild gens while im out base and teleport into the middle of my base past them all

Managarmr breath fix lately lol ur havin a fkn laugh its went from just usable to useless

velo nerf another complete and utter joke

how dare this company release something in this state with over 100 fixes needed in 2 weeks

this is an insult to the players and an utter embarassment to the gaming industry i really do hope its the last we see from ark

Guest chancho33015
On 11/29/2018 at 7:47 PM, TINYMAN said:

Can you specify? On the Cryopod part. Do you mean as adults, or while the baby is raising?

And on our PvP server, unoffical 10x all, wyverns do lose aggro to other dinos. Example, a level 50 was aggroed to our dino gates while we were getting our first snow owls and we led it into a mammoth and it deaggroed.

The resources are plentiful, enough, if you know where to look, they're just spread out and more dangerous to get to. 

I agree with the rest of your attachments though. (Might wanna move to bug section)

if you put babies on cryopods it resets imprint timer...and sometimes even imprint % it self...

On 11/27/2018 at 7:17 AM, WolfasaurusRex said:

1) Meks lose fuel overtime when not being piloted, and will "die"/delete themselves when they "starve". Yea see this one you have to feed them dust or they will die thats their food so bug not really just the way it works.

4) Fragmented Green Gems only work as Green Gems for some items, for example, you cannot craft Climbing Picks because they do not recognize the Fragmented Green Gems as Green Gems. Yea has happened to my tribe as well.

5) All lighting will rarely turn off sometimes in bio-domes. Friend picked up artifact and immediately lost all light in the world. Rejoing the server corrects the problem.

Never experienced the lighting glitch.

6) Clients freeze for 3 - 5 seconds every time a Meteor event starts.

Happens everytime

7) Sometimes the Cryofridge will not recharge Cryopods. Very intermittent. It does recharge

Its not instant anymore now it takes however many days are missing so if you have one with 2 days missing now it takes 2 days to recharge.
9AEB260DB44019C129136A74466A018E9D6868F8